• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

The Chelsa and Liverpool games I agree with (Evans should've seen red at Liverpool with Shelvey) but they were the better team today. City looked a little toothless again today and City had too much up top for them.

Disagree. City had United on the back foot quite a lot in the second half but was let down by their final passes and being thwarted by De Gea. United still attacked but hardly created any chances. Apart from Van Persie's shot that hit the bar, they didn't really test Joe Hart a lot. United just took the chances that came their way.

But United will still drop points - they concede way too many goals not to.

They will but how many will they drop? United are conceding lots of goals but being saved every single time by their strikers. That would be the difference if they win the league this season.

RIO-FERDINAND-ABUSE.gif

Look at all the money flying on to the pitch!

Looks like he punched himself though haha

That's what I thought at first he had poked himself in the eye :)

Oh well I don't like seeing it but couldn't have happened to a bigger cunt :)

Gonna love the racial motivation angle behind this... :)

So, United have won away at 3 tough PL grounds this season through luck!

vs Liverpool(A) = Valencia dived to win the penalty. Van Persie(IIRC) scored and United won 2-1.

vs Chelsea(A) = Hernandez scored from an offside position but goal given and United won 3-2.

vs Man City(A) = Got a free kick, Van Persie scored via a deflection and United won 3-2.

Typical.

I don't think they were that lucky this time if I'm honest, against us and Liverpool the luck they had and terrible decisions what went there way was disgraceful.

But if you mean lucky in another way then yeah sure luck was on there side but i wouldn't say it was completely underserved, i heard Young wasn't offside and that was a definite penalty for Evra when Kolo Toure pushed him.

Exactly.

He literally had 3 things to do today, and they all ended up behind him. An above average english keeper, overhyped by the media.

Jack Butland is the same, he has apparently cost Birmingham about 10 points this season already.

Disagree. City had United on the back foot quite a lot in the second half but was let down by their final passes and being thwarted by De Gea. United still attacked but hardly created any chances. Apart from Van Persie's shot that hit the bar, they didn't really test Joe Hart a lot. United just took the chances that came their way.

They will but how many will they drop? United are conceding lots of goals but being saved every single time by their strikers. That would be the difference if they win the league this season.

United were the away team and they did what they had to. It's a good result today and a deserved one.

As for the second point, it's very hard to win the league when you rely on scoring one more goal that your opponents. Just ask Keegan.

They've conceded multiple goals to weak teams already and they're vulnerable in midfield. Let's not forget that they threw away the league last season too.

I don't think they were that lucky this time if I'm honest, against us and Liverpool the luck they had and terrible decisions what went there way was disgraceful.

But if you mean lucky in another way then yeah sure luck was on there side but i wouldn't say it was completely underserved, i heard Young wasn't offside and that was a definite penalty for Evra when Kolo Toure pushed him.

Dont know about the penalty but it should have been 3-0 with Young's goal.

Kind a depressing, still 10 points gap.

My point about Mancini is if he wins the title this year he probably won't lose his job which means City probably won't chase Guardiola or Mourinho. We need a big manager to take over in the summer.

And Guardiola isn't unproven, or at least not in Roman's eyes. He's the first choice for our next manager and we've structured the club's future around getting him.

I also think Mourinho could absolutely go to United. I also think he could go to City (in fact I think that's the best fit for him).

Why?, i think Mancini will do a better job than Guardiola in my opinion. And Guardiola isn't unproven?, are you serious?, he's just got Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, also made some of the worst transfers in history, he's made some good decisions in his time with youth but that's all i can give him credit for.

Not to mention anyone who goes to Barca does a good job, aren't they first now with a person who used to be an assistant?.

You also think that do you?, okay so what's your logic about it then?, Uniteds play and players there don't even fit it, you seriously think Mourinho will go to united so he will go there and they wont let him spend a penny, because if Mourinho goes there he will want a complete overhaul and get some quality in. And Glazors aren't going to let him spend much at all, i don't even think the Glazors are even that bothered about United anymore, the debt they are in they just want to survive as long as they can, they can just about pay there day to day debts however that wont last, so there main aim is to make it last as much as possible.

Mourinho wont go to United, City however it's a posibility, but i still don't want City winning regardless, just because of that ''potential'' threat that Mourinho will go there, because come the fuck on, it's going to be there every season and why worry about it. I would honeslty just rather hope City don't win a thing.

It is a bit depressing isn't it?

Goes to show you how important a clinical striker is. Doesn't matter how shit their defense is, they have RvP or Chicharito to bail them out time and time again.

10 point gap with Rooney not even at his best.

Why?, i think Mancini will do a better job than Guardiola in my opinion. And Guardiola isn't unproven?, are you serious?, he's just got Messi, Xavi and Iniesta, also made some of the worst transfers in history, he's made some good decisions in his time with youth but that's all i can give him credit for.

Messi, Iniesta and Xavi were a shadow of what they are now back in 2008, Pep is the reason they are what they are, not the other way round.

Funny thing is, i remember about just over a month ago when we where winning games, people were flipping at me for saying United are still a threat don't get so cocky. And they had written them off already, now look, 10 point gap in just a month.

Not to mention anyone who goes to Barca does a good job, aren't they first now with a person who used to be an assistant?.

You also think that do you?, okay so what's your logic about it then?, Uniteds play and players there don't even fit it, you seriously think Mourinho will go to united so he will go there and they wont let him spend a penny, because if Mourinho goes there he will want a complete overhaul and get some quality in. And Glazors aren't going to let him spend much at all, i don't even think the Glazors are even that bothered about United anymore, the debt they are in they just want to survive as long as they can, they can just about pay there day to day debts however that wont last, so there main aim is to make it last as much as possible.

Mourinho wont go to United, City however it's a posibility, but i still don't want City winning regardless, just because of that ''potential'' threat that Mourinho will go there, because come the fuck on, it's going to be there every season and why worry about it. I would honeslty just rather hope City don't win a thing.

I completely disagree with your point about Guardiola. I've stated before what I think of him from what I've read and heard about him. Plus Roman views him as 'his guy' so I think we need to focus on getting him. I've recommended it before but there's a great new book on Guardiola by Balague that really does give a good insight into him.

I'd love to hear any recommendations of books or profiles on him that you've used to come to your opinion of him. I've read your posts and I can't imagine you're the type of guy who thinks anyone could have managed Barcelona to the same success. You're way too smart for that.

I also agree with your views on the Glazers' spending and Mourinho, but Ferguson will hold a lot of sway on that appointment and he could influence Mourinho. I think you're totally wrong on the Glazers long-term plan for United. Nothing I've read or heard suggests they aren't bothered about United.

Ultimately I think our own long-term and short-term prospects are best served by City winning the title. I think a United win throws way too many variables into the equation and uncertainty is the last thing we need.

Messi, Iniesta and Xavi were a shadow of what they are now back in 2008, Pep is the reason they are what they are, not the other way round.

Did you read what i said?, i said that Pep has made good decisions regarding youth, and by youth i meant in his developement with the likes of Messi and being careful about it.

But that doesn't mean anything, it's criminal to say that they wouldn't of became great players if Pep wasn' there.

And does it occur to you that Iniesta hit his prime coming into 27/28 like most footballers?, does it occur to you the type of player Xavi is, the more experience they gain they seem to play a lot better, just likes Paul Scholes for example, and also Messi was only a young one then, that's not really a good arguement at all considering he's still only 24 now, or maybe 25 but still not exactly old, scary thing is Messi might not be in his prime yet.