The English Football Thread

Steve

52 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Maybe the fault is ourselves mate, we make them look quality more often than not.

Indeed. We are one of the easiest teams to play against. We either, occassionally, completely wipe teams away and then just concede a few poor goals but still grind out a narrow wind or we absolutely collapse defensively once we are put under pressure. So every team fancies their 50:50 chance that we have a shit game. Liverpool play every game on like 80% and usually manage to grind something out by being solid at the back and having Mane, Salah scoring a fluke goal or getting a weak pen to win it. When you start having a rock solid defence you really make it difficult for teams to break you down.

• Replies 65.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

I'd take Martinez as GK at this rate. 

there are tons of great back up gks available that i would take over kepa obviously.

I particularly like Emmy Martinez for his incredible calm, power and anticipation. Another one would be Sven ulreich who has been absolutes stalwart when featuring for the often injured neuer.

16 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

there are tons of great back up gks available that i would take over kepa obviously.

I particularly like Emmy Martinez for his incredible calm, power and anticipation. Another one would be Sven ulreich who has been absolutes stalwart when featuring for the often injured neuer.

Sven Ulreich has been my first choice for pure backup for a long time

one of the times

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

We are just shit in putting them away. We don't create fear in them. 

Aye that is true. Hopefully, Ziyech, Werner and whoever comes in can change that.

30 minutes ago, DDA said:

Im not just talking about this season. I'm talking about the past 3 years. The smallsr clubs always turn up against us. 

But we should be able to counter that or match that performance..instead we play shite and are surprised when they win. 

29 minutes ago, DDA said:

Im not just talking about this season. I'm talking about the past 3 years. The smallsr clubs always turn up against us. 

Yes they tend to up their game I can agree on that, but we help them out greatly as well, very rarely do we instill fear on opponents

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Indeed. We are one of the easiest teams to play against. We either, occassionally, completely wipe teams away and then just concede a few poor goals but still grind out a narrow wind or we absolutely collapse defensively once we are put under pressure. So every team fancies their 50:50 chance that we have a shit game. Liverpool play every game on like 80% and usually manage to grind something out by being solid at the back and having Mane, Salah scoring a fluke goal or getting a weak pen to win it. When you start having a rock solid defence you really make it difficult for teams to break you down.

For sure, I have said it many times that you build from the back, when you are solid and organised you always have a chance to win. Forwards win games, defences win you titles.