• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Before, he was here on a pre-season just to stay fit. Staying would be a step further.

Surely he could have stayed fit at any club out side of the EPL? I remember reading a lot of rumors about clubs interested in him on loan. Heck, if it was just about staying fit, he could have trained us for a couple of months.

It is very clear that it was always about personal glory. In fact, I think it would be pretty naive not to see that his plan from the start was to join City and use NY to save his public image.

Just look at these United and Liverpool XI's. Fucking hell! I know United have a shit load of injuries but both of these teams are laughably poor compared to ours. You can legitimately say that neither side have a single player that would displace anyone in our first XI.

I guess it really speaks to the standard of the league outside of the top sides when this terrible United side are 3rd and on a decent winning streak.

The same Ash that was trembling with rage at Arsenal's offer? Terry that was close to joining Man City those few years ago? Or Drogba that was linked away at all possible times when he was younger? Come on, now don't be so naive. I don't believe at any moment that they wouldn't do the same thing as Lampard and I don't hold it against them.

Ash was young and reckless in his Arsenal days. He could have gone to Liverpool out of spite but he decided to at least leave one bridge unburnt, especially now he's a Chelsea legend. John Terry's agent knew that contract in 2009 was JT's last big pay day so pushed it as far as he could, simple as that. Also, at 28 years old Terry could have been at City for 7 years, similar to Cole's reign here so.

Lampard knew he was a symbol of the club, and lapped it up; once you do that.. you can't behave like the average joe. This isn't Burger King, he wasn't an 'employee', he was Frank-fucking-Lampard.. the personification of Chelsea football club.