The English Football Thread

Steve

NYC's preseason begins in late January and the MLS season starts in early March. Lampard will be there for neither because clearly denying us the league means more to him.

Knee jerk reaction there.

So I see what are your arguments.

Someone who has better control of their emotions would wait to see what's the real deal.

Not be like @Term-X, who called Mourinho a traitor because he jumped the gun on thinking he was going to United....

• Replies 65.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Knee jerk reaction there. So I see what are your arguments. Someone who has better control of their emotions would wait to see what's the real deal. Not be like @Term-X, who called Mourinho a traitor because he jumped the gun on thinking he was going to United.

Ok I'll come back to you when Lampard extends his loan.

Hence 6-10. In our game he took 2 off us and earned them 1 which is a net of 3 for City (relative to us, their only competitors) and he won 3 today. That's a minimum of 6 but you could argue he won them more with his goals against Southampton and Hull because both teams were right in the game before he scored.

He won them points but at the same time we've lost ourselves points.The fact our gap is down to 3 isnt due to him its us.Had we won those games regardless of what they'd done it'd still be 8 points and fine.End of the day we've got to win our games.Simple.What we do can win/loose us the league

Come back to me when the MLS season starts and he's not with the team.

Pre-season could not cared much.

It's better he stays here to continue to be in shape so when he goes back hes in the best form from the go.

He won them points but at the same time we've lost ourselves points.The fact our gap is down to 3 isnt due to him its us.Had we won those games regardless of what they'd done it'd still be 8 points and fine.End of the day we've got to win our games.Simple.What we do can win/loose us the league

Leagues aren't won because you get maximum points. You also depend on your rivals slipping up and not doing as well (City know that as well as anyone with their 2 title wins) and Lampard is making that a hell of a lot more difficult.

Sigh. Pretty sure we would have kept Lamps if we wanted to. Even in 2012/13 when he scored many important goals to help us beat Spurs and Arsenal to 3rd and qualify for the CL and broke the goalscoring record he had to wait till the very end of the season until his contract was renewed and the media had quite some fun with the issue.

A while ago it was depressing coming here and reading insults directed at Lamps, but the turning point was when people claiming to be Chelsea fans called him Fat Frank. Then I realized it's gotten beyond ridiculous, not worth feeling bad about it and also it was a fine example why some fans call us plastic (jealousy and bitterness aside).

Kompany, Aguero, and Dzeko now all out with lengthy injuries. Good, good. We must not slip.

In other news, the tradition continues here. Teams play their best match of the season against us and then spread their cheeks for our rivals. Standard.

Kompany, Aguero, and Dzeko now all out with lengthy injuries. Good, good. We must not slip.

In other news, the tradition continues here. Teams play their best match of the season against us and then spread their cheeks for our rivals. Standard.

Couple of weeks?

Come back to me when the MLS season starts and he's not with the team.

Pre-season could not cared much.

It's better he stays here to continue to be in shape so when he goes back hes in the best form from the go.

Haha well that was fast. It's only a matter of time.

Couple of weeks?

Hopefully. Much longer for Aguero obviously.

As for Lampard, I'm sorry to say this but he can fuck right off. It's getting worse and worse. Like others have said, him potentially helping our biggest rival win the league is inexcusable for someone who claims to have loved Chelsea.

Could NEVER see Terry or Drogba doing what Lampard is doing.

Hopefully. Much longer for Aguero obviously.

As for Lampard, I'm sorry to say this but he can fuck right off. It's getting worse and worse. Like others have said, him potentially helping our biggest rival win the league is inexcusable for someone who claims to have loved Chelsea.

Could NEVER see Terry or Drogba doing what Lampard is doing.

for sure.