The English Football Thread

Steve

I still like Lampard. I'm not fickle.

And if he scores a few more vital goals during the run-in and City pip us to the title, then what? Seeing him celebrating with that shit talking cunt Pellegrini while lifting the trophy would be unbearable. We'd also be the laughing stock of world football. Not only for letting a sizable points gap slip, but also for letting one of our clubs biggest legends leave thinking he was past it and go to our biggest rival.

Like I said earlier, no chance at all Drogba or Terry would join a City, United, or Arsenal. I bet Ash had offers from other top sides in England but wouldn't do that to the fans.

• Replies 65.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

Lamps extending his loan would (and should) be seen as an attempt to harm Chelsea's title chances and that would be unforgivable. If that happens then I will not defend him when he gets flak, as he will be deserving of it.

And agreeing to move to City on loan isn't an attempt to harm Chelsea's title chances?

I still like Lampard. I'm not fickle.

Not really fickle, at the start when it was announced most wrrent to bad about it, it's time gone on it's started to sting more and more.

Whether intentional or not, that elephant will always be in the room now, especially if City pip us to the title.

At the end of the day Frank is entitled to do what he likes, but on the flip side we are allowed to feel what we like about it.

Pardew kisses Wengers arse then his team do the same to the gooners

Are you referring to the fact that Pardew said that Arsene Wenger is a BETTER manager than Jose Mourinho?.
While I know it's only his opinion, i was upset beyond belief when i heard that. If you talk to at least some Arsenal fans they'll tell you that they are dying for Arsene to go. Since they feel that they are going backwards with him.
Yet you have Alan Pardew making stupid statements like that.
What made it worse was how easily Arsenal were able to beat Newcastle, while we failed to beat them.

Why do some find Pardew's comment controversial or offensive? he said Wenger has been the best premier league/English football manager after Ferguson which is absolutely spot on and undisputable as you can't argue against facts.

These are the facts: 3 premier league titles (Jose only has 2), 5 FA Cups to Jose's 1 measly fA cup and 2 carling cup. In addition to that he transformed the defensively rigid and extremely pragmatic and boring George Graham's arsenal side into a dominant fluid, attacking team that was a breathe of fresh air in a league that was renowned more for its physicality.

Also he developed and produced many great footballers and even in his barren spell between 2005-2014, he's never failed to qaulify for the Champions league despite operating on a positive net transfer and spending way less than his main rivals. That's his legacy and Jose has yet to eclipse his achievement in English football (big emphasy on English football for the highly emotional readers who like to react without understanding context)

Now if he had said Wenger is a better manager than Jose, that would be completely different and a stupid thing to say

Why do some find Pardew's comment controversial or offensive? he said Wenger has been the best premier league/English football manager after Ferguson which is absolutely spot on and undisputable as you can't argue against facts.

These are the facts: 3 premier league titles (Jose only has 2), 5 FA Cups to Jose's 1 measly fA cup and 2 carling cup. In addition to that he transformed the defensively rigid and extremely boring George Graham's arsenal side into a fluid, attacking team which was a breathe of fresh air in a league that was renowned more for its physicality and he also developed and produced some great footballers and in his barren period between 2005-2014, he's never failed to qaulify for the Champions leaguedespite operating on a positive net transfer and spending way below his main rivals. That's his legacy and Jose has yet to eclipse his achievement in English football (the big emphasy on English football for the highly emotional readers who like to react before understanding context)

Now if he had said Wenger is a better manager than Jose, that would be completely different and a stupid thing to say

It's called sheepo.

They just read the twisted headlines and don't read the actual quotes that a person spoked.

Our next PL fixtures :

away to Stoke

home vs West Ham

away to Soton

away to Spurs

let's smash all those c**** :beer:

and guess who is our opponent after that? Newcastle :wank2:

Compare this with City's schedule:

Home vs Crystal palace

Away to WBA

Home vs Burnley

Home vs Sunderland

Such a joke, in the busiest period of the season they have 3 easy home games while we play Stoke, Soton, Spurs away.

Don't tell me this is just coincidence, FA set this up just like the decisions last year which made them champions.

And yeah, F*ck Lampard, he is not a legend to me anymore.

Compare this with City's schedule:

Home vs Crystal palace

Away to WBA

Home vs Burnley

Home vs Sunderland

Such a joke, in the busiest period of the season they have 3 easy home games while we play Stoke, Soton, Spurs away.

Don't tell me this is just coincidence, FA set this up just like the decisions last year which made them champions.

And yeah, F*ck Lampard, he is not a legend to me anymore.

Hope Palace and WBA could miraculously take some points from City. No way Burnley and Sunderland could hold City. West ham, Spurs and Soton should be no problem, they are not as good as their League positions. Stoke next is a tricky one, but I thought they are not in a 'good form' at the moment.

And if he scores a few more vital goals during the run-in and City pip us to the title, then what? Seeing him celebrating with that shit talking cunt Pellegrini while lifting the trophy would be unbearable. We'd also be the laughing stock of world football. Not only for letting a sizable points gap slip, but also for letting one of our clubs biggest legends leave thinking he was past it and go to our biggest rival.

Like I said earlier, no chance at all Drogba or Terry would join a City, United, or Arsenal. I bet Ash had offers from other top sides in England but wouldn't do that to the fans.

The same Ash that was trembling with rage at Arsenal's offer? Terry that was close to joining Man City those few years ago? Or Drogba that was linked away at all possible times when he was younger? Come on, now don't be so naive. I don't believe at any moment that they wouldn't do the same thing as Lampard and I don't hold it against them.

Hope Palace and WBA could miraculously take some points from City. No way Burnley and Sunderland could hold City. West ham, Spurs and Soton should be no problem, they are not as good as their League positions. Stoke next is a tricky one, but I thought they are not in a 'good form' at the moment.

If we beat all those 4 teams I will donate £20 to TC in January, win 3 games and draw 1, £10. (Sorry, can't afford more atm)

I do this for 3 reasons:

1) I consider this as one of the toughest periods, so if we can get 10-12 points I'd be very very happy. (We remain top of the league)

2) I am always unlucky with football betting, so I hope somehow I can use my bad luck to let Chelsea win games. (superstitious)

3) stimulate donations.

Who joins me?