The English Football Thread

Steve

Don't believe the hype. A keeper who is naturally a lot busier due to shit defending will often look better than he is. He won the one-on-one because Sterling is terrible and the last shot was straight down his throat.

Sorry mate, I typically agree with 99% of what you say, but De Gea is fucking quality. Real Madrid will surely be knocking on the door in a season or two.

• Replies 65.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vesper

• Laylabelle

• Jase

• Special Juan

You guys are acting like Wilson was a beast out there today or something. He did fuck all against the worst defense in the league!

But he got his chance and the team won and that's the point. Van gaal and many managers have proven that ultimately the onus is on the manager to give youths a chance. Jose would rather bring a youngster that he's hyped up all week on in the last 8 minute of a dead rubber game and makes sure the entire world is aware of it while van gaal starts them in a massive game. Thats the difference between

Sorry mate, I typically agree with 99% of what you say, but De Gea is fucking quality. Real Madrid will surely be knocking on the door in a season or two.

I'm not saying he isn't good; certainly better than Hart, but there's currently too much hype around him simply because he's one of the busiest keepers in the league and he plays for United. I still believe we have the best keeper in the league.

But he got his chance and the team won and that's the point. Van gaal and many managers have proven that ultimately the onus is on the manager to give youths a chance. Jose would rather bring a youngster that he's hyped up all week on in the last 8 minute of a dead rubber game and makes sure the entire world is aware of it while van gaal starts them in a massive game. Thats the difference between

Name one position in our side where a young kid can come in and perform better than a player in our current first team. José isn't just going to throw a kid in there for the hell of it unless he feels like he's better than what we have.

When everyone is fully fit there I doubt we'll ever see any of Wilson or McNair or Blackman much in the PL. They'll spend another £150m on foreign stars.

I'm sick and tired of seeing people bitching and moaning about "the academy" and "playing the kids." Yes, the notion of playing a kid who we've "made" is romantic, but when you're a manager who is demanded to win the biggest trophies and have a squad full of world class players it's not realistic to have some inexperienced 18 year old kids out there.

Name one position in our side where a young kid can come in and perform better than a player in our current first team. José isn't just going to throw a kid in there for the hell of it unless he feels like he's better than what we have.

When everyone is fully fit there I doubt we'll ever see any of Wilson or McNair or Blackman much in the PL. They'll spend another £150m on foreign stars.

I'm sick and tired of seeing people bitching and moaning about "the academy" and "playing the kids." Yes, the notion of playing a kid who we've "made" is romantic, but when you're a manager who is demanded to win the biggest trophies and have a squad full of world class players it's not realistic to have some inexperienced 18 year old kids out there.

Ake for Mikel

Maybe the nigerian on loan for cahill potentially.

When everyone is fully fit there I doubt we'll ever see any Wilson or McNair or Blackman much in the PL. They'll spend another £150m on foreign stars.

Van Gaal had options today. he could have played falcao, Fletcher, Herrera and Januzaj (who's already an established first team player) ahead of wilson. I know damn well Jose isn't playing an academy lad regardless of the level of fitness of the senior players. He would play a Costa on crutches and play mikel on the wing to avoid starting a youngster for a big game or any competitive match for that matter.

The truth is Mourinho would never ever have started Wilson if he was in Van gaal's position today and anyone who denies it isn't being truthful with themselves.

Van gaal starting Wilson. Can anyone imagine jose ever starting a youngster in any league match, nevermind such a big game and that's with falcao on the bench. hell will freeze over before it happens

Huth when he had Carvalho and Gallas.

Mikel in the FA Cup final.

Sinclair on against Arsenal in the title decider when he could have brought on Maka and pushed Essien up.

FML! Spurs have had some of the jammiest luck in the away games this season - battered at West Ham but won there. Didn't even do anything at Villa and Hull but won because the opposition went down to 10 men. Now, hammered at Swansea but still won. Utter joke!

United and Spurs have really been getting away with murders this season.

FML! Spurs have had some of the jammiest luck in the away games this season - battered at West Ham but won there. Didn't even do anything at Villa and Hull but won because the opposition went down to 10 men. Now, hammered at Swansea but still won. Utter joke!

When we will probably drop points at villa park/Swansea...

Arsenal, too.

Time and time again the likes of Arse, Spuds, and United are clearly second best but manage late, jammy, totally undeserved goals to steal 3 points.