Wayne Rooney

J.F.

I honestly can't believe so many of you are creaming yourselves over Shrek...he's just going to get fatter! Fergie is the only reason his career has gone as well as it has, he's kept him in line, otherwise he'd turn into Adriano!

Lewandowski is the same price for fuck sake! Are you lot joking me? You'd pick Rooney over him? A younger player who is already used to our system?! A player with an amazing work ethic and who isn't a tit?
Don't give me that 'PL experience' bullshit! Are we just buying from the PL now?!? One season max for Lewy and *bang* adjusted to the league...and he'll only be 25 by then!

I'm usually quite reserved, but did everyone take fucking crazy pills this morning?!?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one thing i'm worried about is the way he has been moping around, it's exactly what Torres was doing at Liverpool. I don't believe you can just stop trying and all of a sudden turn it on and return to normal. Last i checked he wasn't even doing that great for the national team either.

The idea of him at his best is fascinating, just like it was with Torres. But the reality might be very and harshly different. We do not deserve to have another flop as striker - obviously any player we sign can turn out like this, but the risks are way higher in some than others. So forget my posts yesterday lol, i hope we do not sign him.

Mata??? are you serious! Mata will 100% keep improving!

How do you know? What is there left to improve aside from his finishing?

why do you think he has weight/fitness issues?

He runs more than any striker in the league. Yaya Toure and Ramires run more than him; can't think of anyone else. He does not have fitness issues. In fact i'd happily wager he has a six pack lol. Just because you're not muscly like Hulk doesn't mean you have weight issues.

i bet Swansea are glad they signed Michu even though he never had PL experience

Michu is and always has been a midfielder. He was used as a utility striker up front as an experiment and happened to click. Notice that he'd dropped back into midfield once the whole squad was fit again.

let me simplify this for you Mata and Hazard are better than Wayne Rooney at playing behind a striker, I hope you understood that this time.

We're not wanting to sign Rooney to play behind the striker.... no one here is.. We want to sign him to play AS the striker, and is more than capable to play behind the striker if needed. Do you really think people on here are wanting us to sign Rooney to replace Mata or Hazard?

he strolls around the pitch now

Like Lampard, Messi and Ronaldo?

@The Mak, We should forget about Lewa, Neymar and stick to players who are proven in the PL.

We missed a trick not signing Henderson and Downing, word is Kevin Nolan is on the market for £25m.

@The Mak, We should forget about Lewa, Neymar and stick to players who are proven in the PL.

We missed a trick not signing Henderson and Downing, word is Kevin Nolan is on the market for £25m.

even better - clint hill has a £38m buyout clause - potential bargain????

He's also proven in the Champions League isn't he? I know it's easy to make shitty jokes that lack substance but let's not go overboard eh? :yes:

I honestly can't believe so many of you are creaming yourselves over Shrek...he's just going to get fatter! Fergie is the only reason his career has gone as well as it has, he's kept him in line, otherwise he'd turn into Adriano!

Lewandowski is the same price for fuck sake! Are you lot joking me? You'd pick Rooney over him? A younger player who is already used to our system?! A player with an amazing work ethic and who isn't a tit?

Don't give me that 'PL experience' bullshit! Are we just buying from the PL now?!? One season max for Lewy and *bang* adjusted to the league...and he'll only be 25 by then!

I'm usually quite reserved, but did everyone take fucking crazy pills this morning?!?

Lewandowski has to be in the discussion because he has had two amazing seasons in the Bundesliga.

Rooney also has to be in the discussion though because he is a proven quality striker who could also fit into our team.

He runs more than any striker in the league. Yaya Toure and Ramires run more than him; can't think of anyone else.
I dont know what to say to this!
He does not have fitness issues. In fact i'd happily wager he has a six pack lol. Just because you're not muscly like Hulk doesn't mean you have weight issues.

try telling that to Fergie! he has been on Rooneys case all season because of his fitness issues! why do you think he was dropped in the Madrid game?

We're not wanting to sign Rooney to play behind the striker.... no one here is.. We want to sign him to play AS the striker, and is more than capable to play behind the striker if needed. Do you really think people on here are wanting us to sign Rooney to replace Mata or Hazard?

No your missing the point! he isnt good enough to be our striker! and he isn't good enough to play where he has all season for united as a number 10 for us because Mata and hazard are better then him! the fact people want him here to play as a striker is just laughable!

Like Lampard, Messi and Ronaldo?

NO!!! they are different players! what are you talking about? you made the point that Rooney has this amazing work-rate when in actual fact he strolls around the pitch more and more these days! even Tevez doesn't charge around like he used to but still has a much better work-rate than Rooney.

I'm just so confused.

There's people putting genuine reasons as to why Rooney would be a good purchase, yet unlike in other threads, the only argument against it seems to be fallacies made out of thin air like "HE DOESNT LIKE FOOTBALL ANYMORE AND HE HATES CATS!" (you get my point) and people calling him fat.. :blink:

Can someone against the transfer actually write something regarding why he wouldn't fit into our system? What he wouldn't bring to the team technically?

He's a very good player.

Not on the level of Falcao, Cavani, or Lewy...

However this isn't football manager. Falcao would cost us probably around 50 mil, and could even include losing courtois. Cavani looks like he is going elsewhere, and Lewy looks like he is probably going to bayern.

Just because we want the player, and roman has the money doesn't mean we get the player...

In regards to rooney... The reaction in here seems to be either... Fuck NO!!! or Hell Yes! IMO:

Positives:

He is a proven PL player.

Homegrown.

Great goalscoring record

Performs in big games generally.

This season has been worse statistically mainly due to RVP being the No.1

Could fit in well with the likes of Hazmat.

Would still have some re-sale value in a few years, to some obscure club, as he is a big name player.

Negatives:

It's wayne Rooney... More specifically, he doesn't seem like our type of player (I'm talking personality wise, rather than footballing)

27, probably won't get any better.

Attitude can be questioned.

Perhaps overweight

Would have to pay over the odds as we are a rival club to united.

Conclusion

Not a bad option. Still has a few years were he can be very decent. Also we have some of the best AM's, and he should be able to thrive in that system... Add in to that the fact that we have goalscorers in a number of positons and Rooney's unselfishness could see him slot in nicely. Whilst i am not a huge fan of rooney, i am perhaps clouded by the colour of his current shirt, and if the price tag is reasonable, i.e. under 25 mil, then i would welcome this transfer, if we cannot get lewy for the same pricetag. :)

Rooney would be my last option. Falcao, Cavani, Lewandowski, Higuain and Aguero would all come before him!

I agree with all of those names except for Higuain. I'd have Roo before him.

why do you think he was dropped in the Madrid game?

Welbeck took his place specifically to close down Xabi Alonso as they could afford letting him do so as he doesn't have stand-out qualities such as finishing which Rooney possesses and would thus be wasted. It was actually quite documented that Fergie messed up by not selecting him.

No your missing the point! he isnt good enough to be our striker! and he isn't good enough to play where he has all season for united as a number 10 for us because Mata and hazard are better then him! the fact people want him here to play as a striker is just laughable!

So he's good enough to start almost every game for the Premier League champions but not good for a team fighting just to be in the top 4? :blink:

NO!!! they are different players! what are you talking about? you made the point that Rooney has this amazing work-rate when in actual fact he strolls around the pitch more and more these days! even Tevez doesn't charge around like he used to but still has a much better work-rate than Rooney.

You said it's easy to tell he no longer has a passion for football because he strolls around. Lampard, Messi and Ronaldo all stroll around also - does that mean they lack passion?

I'm just so confused.

There's people putting genuine reasons as to why Rooney would be a good purchase, yet unlike in other threads, the only argument against it seems to be fallacies made out of thin air like "HE DOESNT LIKE FOOTBALL ANYMORE AND HE HATES CATS!" (you get my points) and people calling him fat.. :blink:

Can someone against the transfer actually write something regarding why he wouldn't fit into our system? What he wouldn't bring to the team technically?

why dont you give reasons why Rooney would be a good choice to be our Lone striker? when he hasn't played in that position all year, his first touch has been very hit and miss all season , his hold up play is not good enough his passing has been very hit and miss all season! he doesn't have the same work-rate he used to, and the fact that he is in decline and Fergie knows it! that is why he hasn't stopped hassling Rooney all season to get in shape and work on his fitness! if he still had passion and desire to improve he would have by now especially with Fegie in his ear!

Long story short - We already paid a fortune for one washed up Scouser. We Don't need another

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You