Wayne Rooney

J.F.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People need to realise Rooney isnt going to get any better! he is only going downhill form here! he hasn't got the work ethic to improve, he spends too much time drinking, smoking and eating crap! He isnt good enough to be our starting striker! there are many better strikers for us to sign than Rooney! as a number 10 Mata and Hazard are miles ahead of him! I highly doubt we will sign him! Mourinho will know how much of a joke it would be to sign this fool!

If Fergie couldnt get him to change his lifestyle and knuckle down and work hard at becoming one of the best in the world then no one will! not now anyway he is 27 and losing his passion for the game! this signing would be on par with Torres and Sheva as another big money flop!

Where would you like to play a player who has scored 100 goals over the last four seasons?

He isn't good enough to be our striker! not when players like Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao ect are available! I would have Ba and Luakau over Rooney as a number 9 anyday! Rooney is nothing more than a number 10 in decline!

People need to realise Rooney isnt going to get any better!

Neither is/was Van Persie, but United bought him because he's the player they've been missing.

Neither is Terry, but we'll keep him around. And you know what? Mata probably won't either and at 27 will have probably lost some of his pace (which he barely has now), but that won't mean he's not good enough to start for us.

You can't constantly buy players with 'potential'. You also can't assume he won't get better and it's stupid to say so. Just this season he's learned how to play as a midfielder! Is that not getting any better?

he spends too much time drinking, smoking and eating crap!

You really don't know that, and even so, plenty players do all those things including some of our own.

He isnt good enough to be our starting striker!

Torres has done a good enough job for 3 or so seasons. We won a CL final with him in the squad and have got to a Europa League final with him. Rooney is far better than Torres currently, so imagine what we could do with him! Not good enough? Disagree.

there are many better strikers for us to sign than Rooney!

None of which have Premier League experience or his work-rate coupled with goalscoring exploits, barring Cavani if you discount the first 'PL Experience' point.

as a number 10 Mata and Hazard are miles ahead of him!

...I don't understand this :ph34r:

he is 27 and losing his passion

What do you base this on?

It seems there's a huge dose of blind hate in this thread and I'd suggest those people stay away from here so that the ones of us who are actually intrigued by this potential transfer can discuss it without "He's a cunt" and other insults thrown at him every few sentences :ph34r:

He isn't good enough to be our striker! not when players like Lewandowski, Cavani, Falcao ect are available! I would have Ba and Luakau over Rooney as a number 9 anyday! Rooney is nothing more than a number 10 in decline!

He might be. He might also be the guy who has scored 30+ goals in the last two seasons when he was played primarily as a striker.

He's apparently considerably cheaper than Cavani and Falcao whilst being roughly the same age as those two. He's looked like he's lacked motivation for a while now and a change in environment could reinvigorate him.

As for being a Chelsea striker, I would've thought we need a striker who doesn't just score goals but helps other players to score goals. Yet you've suggested Falcao.

I look at Rooney and I see how he makes Hazard and Mata better players. I look at Falcao this season and he's only made Falcao look good so why should we play at least £10 million more for a player who is roughly the same age and has ZERO experience in the Premier League and about HALF the Champions League experience of Rooney?

Well, if we leave all emotions aside, this looks pretty mighty in some fantasy world.

________________Falcao_________________

Hazard__________Rooney_____________Mata

Rumour or not, Rooney or not, at least it gives me hope management is thinking about splasing the cash on proven powerhouses. I would hate to see Chelsea spilling money around like papers also suggest (20 million for Schurrle, 20 million for Turan...)

Well, to compare the Shrek to Falcao just makes me laugh the hardest.

Rooney might be experienced & most likely if he gets a chance to play up front he will score again.

Having said that, Falcao is a scoring machine & should not be compared to Rooney, I feel.

Well, to compare the Shrek to Falcao just makes me laugh the hardest.

Rooney might be experienced & most likely if he gets a chance to play up front he will score again.

Having said that, Falcao is a scoring machine & should not be compared to Rooney, I feel.

Btw he is still top player.

Neither is/was Van Persie, but United bought him because he's the player they've been missing. Neither is Terry, but we'll keep him around. And you know what? Mata probably won't either and at 27 will have probably lost some of his pace (which he barely has now), but that won't mean he's not good enough to start for us. You can't constantly buy players with 'potential'. You also can't assume he won't get better and it's stupid to say so. Just this season he's learned how to play as a midfielder! Is that not getting any better?

Neither is/was Van Persie??? based on what? only doubt with RVP was his injury record not that he was/is in decline.

JT? yes he is in decline but he is a club legend so i dont know how you can even compare him to Rooney!

Mata??? are you serious! Mata will 100% keep improving!

You really don't know that, and even so, plenty players do all those things including some of our own.

well its a well known thing! why do you think he has weight/fitness issues? most other players do these things in moderation Rooney on the other hand...

Torres has done a good enough job for 3 or so seasons. We won a CL final with him in the squad and have got to a Europa League final with him. Rooney is far better than Torres currently, so imagine what we could do with him! Not good enough? Disagree.

remind me again where we have come in the league since Torres has been here? you can just about get away with having a crap striker in cup competitions when you have a squad of players who can all chip in with goals but the league is another story!

None of which have Premier League experience or his work-rate coupled with goalscoring exploits, barring Cavani if you discount the first 'PL Experience' point.

Premier league experience ?? who cares!!! so are you saying we have to sign a striker with PL experience? as our league is so hard to adapt to? i bet Swansea are glad they signed Michu even though he never had PL experience same with Liverpool and Torres, West Ham and Tevez, Man City and Aguero the list goes on and on!

...I don't understand this

let me simplify this for you Mata and Hazard are better than Wayne Rooney at playing behind a striker, I hope you understood that this time.

What do you base this on?

its clear to see! he hasn't got the same hunger, he strolls around the pitch now, people seem too think he still charges around the pitch with this amazing workrate when in actual fact seeing Rooney do that is becoming as rare as a Torres goal.

He's looked like he's lacked motivation for a while now and a change in environment could reinvigorate him.

That was exactly what was said about Torres when we were after him, hes bored, he needs a new challenge bla bla bla.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You