Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Can someone against the transfer actually write something regarding why he wouldn't fit into our system? What he wouldn't bring to the team technically?

Because he is finished, we had the same shit with Fernando. Whenever i have watched United this season he has been average and often out of his depth. Bar that fluke free kick he did next to nothing against us and he looks quite frankly burnt out.

2010 and 2004 i would have loved this transfer to happen but not now, Lewandowski please.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite funny to see that the main argument against Rooney on here seems to be that "he's fat". He's the most talented English player out there right now, probably bar Wilshere. £25m for Rooney is a good price if he does go around that, certainly better value for money than Falcao and Cavani.

Falcao, Cavani, Rooney, Lewandowski... All good enough to be discussed as our main striker in my opinion. Rooney's more complete than Falcao. More complete than Torres/Shevchenko. Doesn't just bring goals to your team.

Fact is that when Rooney's played up front he scores goals and links up play very well. What are we looking for in a new striker? A poacher or a more complete striker? I'm very sure it's the latter, and Rooney is definitely one of the better strikers out there who fall under that category. If we can get him for the right price then I'm all in for this transfer.

Okay, Rooney's had 1 average season. How you can completely write him off after that is quite bemusing to me.

Rooney would be my last option. Falcao, Cavani, Lewandowski, Higuain and Aguero would all come before him!

I like Higuain unlike some here, he doesn't play nearly as much as he should at Madrid, but still scores goals. And he looks a completely different player for Argentina alongside Messi.

A video of him and Van Persie exploring their partnership to the fullest.

Notice the touches, passes, movement. Of course chances are he wouldn't be a strike-partner here; he'd be the striker, but you can see everything in this video which so many people are saying he doesn't have:

So he's good enough to start almost every game for the Premier League champions but not good for a team fighting just to be in the top 4?

Alexis Sanchez is good enough to start for Barca does that make him good enough to start for us? Arbeloa is good enough to start for Real Madrid does that make him good enough to start for us? Torres is good enough to start for us does that mean he is good enough to start for teams like Tottenham, Atletico Madrid or Napoli?

Alexis Sanchez is good enough to start for Barca does that make him good enough to start for us?

...have you been in the Sanchez thread? If so, you'd see a resounding yes.

Arbeloa is good enough to start for Real Madrid does that make him good enough to start for us?

Probably, if we didn't have Azpi.

Torres is good enough to start for us

No he's not. He's not picked due to whether he's good or not. But to answer your question -

does that mean he is good enough to start for teams like Tottenham, Atletico Madrid or Napoli?

All of them bar Atletico. He fits Tottenham and Napoli's counter-attacking styles perfectly. With a few tweaks he'd probably be good enough for Atletico again too, yes. All 3 of those teams played in the Europa League this season. Torres has been the only striker we've used in the Europa League and we're in the final.

:clown:

I have lol. Read before this page :clown:

I'd rather not, as i have probably already discredited everything you have already said! you clearly dont know enough about Rooney as you are unaware of his fitness/weight issues and the fact he doesnt have that work-rate he had 3 or 4 years ago and the fact that his first touch/passing is very hit and miss! :clown:

I'd rather not

So you'd rather NOT read what I said regarding why he'd be a good fit, yet continue to converse with me trying to explain why he wouldn't be a good fit? Not trying to be a dick but you've just destroyed literally everything you've said.

An average Wayne Rooney season, despite not playing up front for the majority of it:

PL:

22 starts, 5 subs: 12 goals, 10 assists.

All Competitions:

31 starts, 6 subs: 15 goals, 13 assists.

Say what you want, but that's still very impressive for an "average" season.

So you'd rather NOT read what I said regarding why he'd be a good fit, yet continue to converse with me trying to explain why he wouldn't be a good fit? Not trying to be a dick but you've just destroyed literally everything you've said.

no because as i said i have already discredited everything you said! as you still believe Rooney is the same player as he was in 2010! but dont worry this whole thing is pointless as he wont be signing for us anyway! Mourinho isn't as naive as some people on here to make such a stupid signing!

Trying to figure out what a potential attack , including the likes of

Schurrle - Mata - Hazard

Rooney

Would do?

Please tell me you are jizzing jus tlike I AM. Lewandowski or Rooney and we have made the best bit of bussiness we can. This man is amazing, it's just his reactions that I don't understand. Oh, and the fact that he kissed the United badge. I don't know how I will see him in royal blue.

discredited everything you said!

But you haven't even read what I've said regarding him according to you so how do you know you've discredited it?

as you still believe Rooney is the same player as he was in 2010!

Where do i say or even imply that?

but dont worry this whole thing is pointless as he wont be signing for us anyway!

Can i borrow your magic-ball? i want to find out if we'll be beating Aston Villa :clown:

Mourinho isn't as naive as some people on here to make such a stupid signing!

He signed Tal Ben Haim and Pizarro.

Where do i say or even imply that?

the fact that you seem to think Rooney doesnt have weight/fitness issues and that he has amaazing woork-rate and is amazing at linking play! not any more he isn't! :clown:

an i borrow your magic-ball? i want to find out if we'll be beating Aston Villa

Mourinho isnt stupid! thats the whole Logic behind it! :clown:

He signed Tel Ben Haim and Pizarro.

why do i even bother... are you seriously comparing squad signings to big money signings??? Mourinho knows he needs a world class striker at Chelsea to take us beck to the top if you think for one minute that Mourinho would see the unfit.overweight declining Wayne Rooney who hasn't played striker all year as the man to lead the line for us next season then i really dont know what else to say!

the Rooney talk has gotten so boring now! some people just dont get it! its going to be funny to see what people have to say about Rooney next season when he flops at whoever he signs for or is playing second fiddle to Kagawa in the united team!

as i said before Overweight, Overrated, Overugly and Overpriced! :wave:

He spent over £20m on Shaun Wright-Phillips.

Yes but SWP turned out great because he wasn't overweight. :ph34r:

I think it's fair to acknowledge that Rooney isn't coming off his best season and that he needs a fresh start. He's been at United for 9 years and been marginalised on occasion yet still produced some amazing seasons. I think in the right environment under the right coach he can absolutely get back to his 30+ goal a season form of 12 months ago.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You