Wayne Rooney

J.F.

If we sign him there are many pluses, as the posted above has put a few I think I will add some too.

1) Shirt sales is a big one, probably be bigger than Torres for us tbh.

2) As Mata and Torres have done, a potential sponsorship deal with Adidas. Imagine Adidas adverts with both Torres and Rooney, two players who have been endorsing Nike products for many years, both playing for Chelsea.

3) Home grown player with many years left, mainly his peak years.

4) Versatile, he can play CM, CAM, ST which will suit Jose as he will be able to utilize him in many different positions due to injuries/suspensions if needed.

5) Playing in say CM, allows the likes of Lukaku and Feruz in the future to get much more chance of getting games here.

6) Very experienced, its not like hes a lad whos been playing in the lower teams in the PL is it?

7) Scores 15 goals plus a season at least, which is good. Can score upto 30 maybe even 40 in a really really good season.

8) Will be very ambitious if he moves here to prove he is still more than good enough, which he is.

9) On technical ability, the best English player.

10) Hes a game changer, can create something out of nothing, eg. that pass for Van Persie's sublime volley vs Aston Villa.

Sure hes on 250k p/w but can't we just give him a big sign on fee and ask him to lower his wages?

Plus we pay Lampard and Terry 175k p/w and they sit on the bench half the time... even though they deserve such wages after successful service at the club over the last 10 years or so.

Benayoun and Malouda make a lot too, so getting them off the wage bill will give us a bit more help in terms of wages and FFP if this were to go ahead.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros

- Can finish from anywhere

- Versatile

- Strength

- Has vision

- Doesn't just rely on finishing to be a big part of a game

- English

Cons

- Age?

- Wages

- Some controversy

- Goes on a cold streak at times

All in all, I wouldn't object this transfer if he costs 25M or below.

As much as i want him here and there are more Pros than Cons of getting him here (for me he is a complete player) .... This move wouldnt materialize because United are no Arsenal! U dont sell off your best player to your rivals and specially after seeing what RVP has done they wouldnt want that with Rooney.

No way Manure let this transfer happens especially to another english team and if that team is Chelsea it makes it even more impossible where Rooney can come back at them. and may God curse Torres for what a crap he is we afraid Rooney might become another him!

Guys our team doesnt have many world media known players nowdays. I doubt people in india or china realy know about Hazard or Azpi. Torres is joke, Lamps, Terry are getting old. Having star like Rooney will boost our recognition in several countries.

Guys our team doesnt have many world media known players nowdays. I doubt people in india or china realy know about Hazard or Azpi. Torres is joke, Lamps, Terry are getting old. Having star like Rooney will boost our recognition in several countries.

They will though, the boy is incredible.

Chelsea are the 3rd most supported Premier League club globally these days after United and Arse.

I've seen plenty of Hazard, Mata, and Lampard shirts all around the States.

Chelsea are the 3rd most supported Premier League club globally these days after United and Arse.

I've seen plenty of Hazard, Mata, and Lampard shirts all around the States.

I am also talking about neutral people. Like the ones who dont watch football much. If I ask someone who isnt in football much; who is Hazard? He will say he doesnt know. If I ask him who is Rooney? He would say oh that Shrek, he is good though.

See the point?

You'd be surprised because they have a huge PL fanbase in those respective countries.

I am also talking about neutral people. Like the ones who dont watch football much. If I ask someone who isnt in football much; who is Hazard? He will say he doesnt know. If I ask him who is Rooney? He would say oh that Shrek, he is good though.

See the point?

Hahaha

That's pretty true here. When you ask someone here if they've heard of Wayne Rooney and they'll just ask "Yeah, he's the fat one who plays for Manchester, right?"

- been pretty shit past 2 seasons

I'll give you a choice. I can either say he's scored 50 goals over the last two seasons or that last season he scored 27 goals in 34 league games.

Which one sounds more like he's been shit for the past two seasons?

You would think we would have learned our lesson of buying forwards who have seemingly passed the peak of their powers!!

Rooney COULD be very good for us, but i do not think it is worth the risk at all and we would be better off looking elsewhere...

For that striker who will DEFINITELY be very good for us? There isn't one.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/wayne-rooney-ready-for-a-uturn-after-manchester-united-install-david-moyes-8610168.html

HAHA!!! when he stays alot of people on here are going to feel pretty stupid for getting excited over this guy! especially when he probably scores past us next season and kisses the united badge in front of our fans!

What so we aren't allowed to discuss a potential transfer? What the hell are the point of these transfer threads then?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You