Wayne Rooney

J.F.

Changing my mind slightly. He's the same age as Falcao, but the price is roughly half. He's proven in the Premier League and I think he really needs a change of environment to try and regain that enthusiasm that he once had.

An invigorated Rooney under Mourinho could be a different beast from the one of the last few seasons (where he still managed to score 100 goals in 4 years). Plus he's more versatile than any other option in that he can drop back into the number 10 spot and maybe take some of the pressure off of Mata, which also allows us to play with either Lukaku or Ba up-front.

But there's a lot of ifs and buts involved. I still think he needs to work on his fitness (a summer under Rui Faria might do him the world of good) but it's easy to forget that he's still one of the best players around on his day and if we can offload Torres then £25 million is a decent price considering Van Persie went for roughly the same price last year.

agreed, he has baggage and doubts around fitness but he offers a great deal all round. As I said in my earier post ive always admired his work rate and determination and just maybe the new surroundings would kick him back into action. Hes still the first name on the England team sheet

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rooney kind of reminds me of David Villa. Well, at least in the way that they can link up, create chances but more important, the thing that sets them apart from an attacking midfielder or winger and makes them a striker is that deadly finishing.

Mata is the closest to being deadly but to be honest is still a considerable amount away from that. Hazard may develop that attribute. That's why Rooney would be great. Brings even more creativity to complement Mazacar while bringing what we need. FINISHING.

I have been saying it for years, I have also got some stik for it but - I absolutely admire Wayne Rooney and I would be so happy if this transfer happened.

I was all the way for the transfer when he handed in his first transfer request, I am all the way for it again.

The only place to be - superb post, exactly my thoughts. I am sure that playing in a different team and under Mourinho and his coaching staff would make him the old Rooney that was kind of unstoppable. I just love how he is ready to perform a massive run and a sliding tackle even in the stoppage time. Incredible work rate that could be well motivated by a new environment.

This guy probably has no feelings toward Chelsea, I dont want our main striker to be mercenary.

Torres is Liverpool

Sheva was Milan

Rooney is Manu

DRogba was Chelsea

Clubs nowdays need players who have lot of love to them, not guys that play there just for money.

If you like the club you will put 110 percent in game. When comes to just playing for money, that extra combativity wont be included form a player. Lavezzi is great example, he guy was runnin machine, he ran his socks of at Napoli the club he loved, but at Psg he isnt half of fighter he was in italy...

It is understood that Rooney, 27, has no desire to move away from the Premier League and that Chelsea is his most likely destination.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10045527/Alex-Ferguson-retires-David-Moyes-given-Manchester-United-job-but-Wayne-Rooney-seeks-exit-from-club.html

I can't believe people are actually debating this. He is a fat, unfit, Sherk wanker on massive wages. Totally overrated and totally inconsistent. Not much more I can say, except to quote what I said months ago:

Not in a million years. Have we seriously not learned from Sheva and Torres?

Why the hell should we even think about signing players touching 30 on massive wages? Sure, he can play a number of positions, but have we forgotten about our great young players like Lukaku, KDB etc. who can give us over a decade of service and have the potential to be as good as, or even better than, Rooney?

Seriously, some fans see a big name and say "yup! definitely!". Whereas I see him as someone who is going to struggle with his weight and fitness in the next couple of years, possibly ending up like THE Ronaldo. Not to mention he's one of the most inconsistent strikers on the planet; can score loads, but tends to come in spurts throughout the season and when he's playing bad, everyone knows about it.
Put it this way, it's nearing the end of the season and Fergie is worried about his fitness...If he's unfit and still acting the tart by smoking/drinking etc. at his age, in a club like United, under a manager like Fergie, then I shudder to think what he'd be like at any other club, never mind here.

Personally, when compared to the brilliant youth players we can play for many, many years instead of him for only a few, I'll put Rooney in the 'never' column, thanks.

Oh, and same price as Lewandowski? Please fuck off.

So people don't want to sign the homegrown Rooney, 27, for £30 million with a proven EPL record as he is too old.

Instead, people want to sign an overseas Falcao, 27, for £40 million+ (and knowing how this club is run, that would also see Courtois fuck off for good) who is totally unproven at Premier League and Champions League level.

Okay.

So people don't want to sign the homegrown Rooney, 27, for £30 million with a proven EPL record as he is too old.

Instead, people want to sign an overseas Falcao, 27, for £40 million+ (and knowing how this club is run, that would also see Courtois fuck off for good) who is totally unproven at Premier League and Champions League level.

Okay.

Totally agree

@, I see you're using that Mata image I posted ;), Term-X still the most influential TC member I see.. :eyebrows:

The picture was just too nice to be buried under @Stingray's memes at the Pub.

As for the latter part, let's not get ahead of ourselves there. :lol:

Are you guys off your rockers?! He's not impressed all season and is on the decline, his best years are behind him. Unless we can get him for like 20mill then he can rot at Man Utd.

He's one of only 3 players in the league this season along with Mata and Walcott with double digit goals and assists. And that's whilst playing out of position and having to share the field with RvP.

He did just come off of a 30 goal season as well. If he is played where he should be up top with great service, he'll be back to his best. Especially under Jose potentially.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You