Wayne Rooney

J.F.

the Rooney talk has gotten so boring now! some people just dont get it! its going to be funny to see what people have to say about Rooney next season when he flops at whoever he signs for or is playing second fiddle to Kagawa in the united team!

as i said before Overweight, Overrated, Overugly and Overpriced! :wave:

Good point. He is overly ugly. It's a point that usually doesn't get raised enough when assessing football players but shaggability is an important factor. Why it isn't a metric on whoscored, opta, fifa or footie manager I don't know.

Now Ian Walker....there was a fine looking young man. Blonde flowing locks and model good looks. Really we should be trying to emulate the Spice Boys period of mid-90s Liverpool if we want to be a success going forward.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. He is overly ugly. It's a point that usually doesn't get raised enough when assessing football players but shaggability is an important factor. Why it isn't a metric on whoscored, opta, fifa or footie manager I don't know.

Now Ian Walker....there was a fine looking young man. Blonde flowing locks and model good looks. Really we should be trying to emulate the Spice Boys period of mid-90s Liverpool if we want to be a success going forward.

yeah because i never put that in there as a joke i was being completely serious as we all judge a players ability on how they look!

tumblr_mhqc9iSDIg1qed7g8o2_400.gif

It's quite funny to see that the main argument against Rooney on here seems to be that "he's fat". He's the most talented English player out there right now, probably bar Wilshere. £25m for Rooney is a good price if he does go around that, certainly better value for money than Falcao and Cavani.

Falcao, Cavani, Rooney, Lewandowski... All good enough to be discussed as our main striker in my opinion. Rooney's more complete than Falcao. More complete than Torres/Shevchenko. Doesn't just bring goals to your team.

Fact is that when Rooney's played up front he scores goals and links up play very well. What are we looking for in a new striker? A poacher or a more complete striker? I'm very sure it's the latter, and Rooney is definitely one of the better strikers out there who fall under that category. If we can get him for the right price then I'm all in for this transfer.

Okay, Rooney's had 1 average season. How you can completely write him off after that is quite bemusing to me.

If you noticed my earlier post, you'd have noticed it's not just because 'he's fat'. The only thing bemusing are people's lack of looking at the overall picture and at the baggage a player like Rooney comes with. Either way, let me break it down exactly why I don't want him anywhere near this club:

1. Touching 30

2. Ridiculous wages

3. Bad attitude on the pitch - and when he's in it, everyone else suffers

4. Bad attitude off the pitch - with the battering we've taken from the media down the years due to JT and Cole, do you really want to add Rooney to the equation? Seriously? You do know the media despise us right? They'll be watching him like a hawk

5. Not consistent, only scores in spurts

6. He has struggled with his fitness this season and it's only going to get worse. It took him all fucking season and he's still not fully fit

7. I'd worry about his level of commitment given his track record of, y'know, wanting to bail on clubs when the road looks hard

And finally:

8. We have youth that have the potential to be just as good as him in the future. I don't care how many positions he can play, I'd rather give time to players like KDB and Lukaku. These players can give us a good 10+ years of service, instead of getting a possible 3 or so years out of Shrek (if we're lucky) while he hinders the development of others.

When you go to a United forum and they're scared at the prospect of Rooney playing in front of Mata, Hazard, Oscar, ect you know it'd be a good buy.

Seems like one of those signings that many here would be up in arms about, but once he started scoring loads you'll go to the Megastore and order a Rooney shirt.

If we can't get Lewandowski and Roo is indeed there to be had, I'd be delighted.

The fact that Fergie would actually be willing to sell Rooney to Chelsea should be enough of a clue that he is in decline! If we sign him people are going to have to find out the hard way i guess! and the same old stupid line that other fans use will be out in force 'Chelsea destroy players careers' when in actual fact we dint we just sign players at the wrong time! Rooney will definitely come under that category!

If you noticed my earlier post, you'd have noticed it's not just because 'he's fat'. The only thing bemusing are people's lack of looking at the overall picture and at the baggage a player like Rooney comes with. Either way, let me break it down exactly why I don't want him anywhere near this club:

1. Touching 30

2. Ridiculous wages

4. Bad attitude off the pitch - with the battering we've taken from the media down the years due to JT and Cole, do you really want to add Rooney to the equation? Seriously? You do know the media despise us right? They'll be watching him like a hawk

6. He has struggled with his fitness this season and it's only going to get worse. It took him all fucking season and he's still not fully fit

7. I'd worry about his level of commitment, given his track record

And finally:

8. We have youth that have the potential to be just as good as him in the future. I don't care how many positions he can play, I'd rather give time to players like KDB and Lukaku. These players can give us a good 10+ years of service, instead of getting a possible 3 or so years out of Shrek (if we're lucky).

1. Touching 30? He's 27. Let's not sign Falcao or Cavani either then because if Rooney's touching 30 then so are they.

2. So it's perfectly fine and reasonable for us to pay high wages to the likes of Falcao/Cavani but when Rooney's factored in it's different?

3. What? You seriously can't tell me United don't play better when Rooney's on the pitch.

4. No matter who's at our club we'll still have our player's scrutinised. As a CFC fan you should know that the press always try to put a negative spin on whatever our players do. Rooney isn't Suarez level of controversy, so it'd be insane to not want someone as talented as Rooney because he might potential bring bad PR to the club. As you said, the media despise us, but that shouldn't stop us from signing Rooney. I seriously don't know why people would rather us look good in the media than have us be more successful.

5. RVP went on a 14 game goal drought as well this season. Rooney doesn't need to be scoring to be useful to your team unlike some players such as Torres or Falcao. Rooney will still be a big threat even if he doesn't score simply because he's a creative forward.

6. What? So because he's struggled with his fitness for one season he should be written off? He's a professional footballer ffs, a good preseason under a good fitness coach will get him into shape. People are over exaggerating his fitness "problems".

7. It's a worry you have but then I can counter that and say that maybe all Rooney needs is a new environment, under a new manager (Jose).

8. So it's okay for us to sign someone like Lewandowski, Falcao, Cavani etc. where people never bring up youth but when it comes to Rooney (who's even more versatile than all of the aforementioned players and would link up better with Lukaku than any of those mentioned before) he's going to be standing in the way of Lukaku? Come off it.

Every single argument against Rooney usually consists of him "not being up for it" or "not being fit enough/too fat" or "he's a trouble maker". None of them are really questioning his talent. What does that tell you?

Not aimed at you but more at the general... I'm not saying that Rooney's the only option out there, of course he isn't, but to say you wouldn't want Rooney for a price of around £25m/30m but then turn around and say you'd rather see us splashing more cash on Falcao or Cavani for £50m+ is rather hypocritical IMO.

The fact that Fergie would actually be willing to sell Rooney to Chelsea should be enough of a clue that he is in decline! If we sign him people are going to have to find out the hard way i guess! and the same old stupid line that other fans use will be out in force 'Chelsea destroy players careers' when in actual fact we dint we just sign players at the wrong time! Rooney will definitely come under that category!

No, it's Rooney that wants to leave United. United are the ones that want to keep him.

Manchester United have reiterated that Wayne Rooney is not for sale, after the striker held talks with departing manager Sir Alex Ferguson where he asked to leave the club. Rooney took the words 'Man Utd player' off his Twitter account on Thursday, suggesting that one of David Moyes first jobs as the next Manchester United manager may be to either sell the want-away star or convince him to stay

The Guardian.

1. Touching 30? He's 27. Let's not sign Falcao or Cavani either then because if Rooney's touching 30 then so are they.

2. So it's perfectly fine and reasonable for us to pay high wages to the likes of Falcao/Cavani but when Rooney's factored in it's different?

3. What? You seriously can't tell me United don't play better when Rooney's on the pitch.

4. No matter who's at our club we'll still have our player's scrutinised. As a CFC fan you should know that the press always try to put a negative spin on whatever our players do. Rooney isn't Suarez level of controversy, so it'd be insane to not want someone as talented as Rooney because he might potential bring bad PR to the club. As you said, the media despise us, but that shouldn't stop us from signing Rooney. I seriously don't know why people would rather us look good in the media than have us be more successful.

5. RVP went on a 14 game goal drought as well this season. Rooney doesn't need to be scoring to be useful to your team unlike some players such as Torres or Falcao. Rooney will still be a big threat even if he doesn't score simply because he's a creative forward.

6. What? So because he's struggled with his fitness for one season he should be written off? He's a professional footballer ffs, a good preseason under a good fitness coach will get him into shape. People are over exaggerating his fitness "problems".

7. It's a worry you have but then I can counter that and say that maybe all Rooney needs is a new environment, under a new manager (Jose).

8. So it's okay for us to sign someone like Lewandowski, Falcao, Cavani etc. where people never bring up youth but when it comes to Rooney (who's even more versatile than all of the aforementioned players and would link up better with Lukaku than any of those mentioned before) he's going to be standing in the way of Lukaku? Come off it.

Every single argument against Rooney usually consists of him "not being up for it" or "not being fit enough/too fat" or "he's a trouble maker". None of them are really questioning his talent. What does that tell you?

Not aimed at you but more at the general... I'm not saying that Rooney's the only option out there, of course he isn't, but to say you wouldn't want Rooney for a price of around £25m/30m but then turn around and say you'd rather see us splashing more cash on Falcao or Cavani for £50m+ is rather hypocritical IMO.

Awesome post :)

I think some of the comments on here are ridiculous - he's a great player and for 25 million is gonna be amazing...

So he's a little overweight - so were Gazza and Jan Molby still amazing players though and are you telling me Mourinho won't make him the best player in the league'!'!

Bring it on ;)

Before I start, a lot of your arguments are based on me saying to sign Falcao/Cavani...show me where I said that. Because I didn't say that at all. Lewandowski all the way. I said previously in a different thread, IF we are looking to spend big money, it should be on Cavani because he's more complete.

1. Yes, and he's 28 in October, so practically when the season starts.

2. His are in excess of 200k. So when I don't think he's worth it, well of course it's different! Jesus! And it's also different when people think it's some sort of bargain when he already commands one of, if not, the highest wages in the league.

3. When he has a bad attitude. He doesn't constantly go around in one, but his level of commitment at times is questionable to say the least.

4. I don't give a flying fuck what the media thinks. It's about not having any more stupid off-the-field antics affecting on-field performances. I don't want anyone who will detract focus from the team especially one who has shown a selfish side in the past.

6. He has fitness problems every year! This year it has just been way more noticeable. His natural frame and build is nowhere near athletic and it seems like its just going to get worse.

7. Just look at the circumstances you want to sign him under! The road looks bad for United, they need to rebuild soon (Rio, Vidic, Giggs, Scholes) with a new manager and Rooney doesn't want to be apart of it. He doesn't inspire confidence in me, so why would he for any of the players when things start to look tough?

8. Link up with Lukaku eh? So who's place is he going to take in the 3? KDB? Oscar? Or are we going to change our entire system for him? Kind of shot yourself in the foot there mate...

That's because everyone of those arguments ARE LINKED WITH HIS PERFORMANCES. They are the baggage he comes with and they mitigate his talent.

Again, I did not say we should sign Falcao/Cavani. Don't put words in someone else's mouth to strengthen your own argument.

(Apologies, I see now your aiming at other people who say sign Falcao/Cavani? Well I'm not one of those people, so I think we're coming from completely different angles here!!)

P.S. Going to bed soon. Feel free to respond though, can get back to you in the morning!

Stupid people who think Rooney, proven PL striker will flop here, but Falcao who played in only soft leagues so far will be super striker here. Not to mention that Falcao is poacher and if he doesnt score, he goes missing like Higuain or Gomez, while Rooney is much more versatile and skilled. If he doesnt score, he makes that cross or tackle which leads to score.

I think its myth that Rooney is getting worse just because he was english golden boy but he never realy reached top. But that doesnt mean he isnt good player. On good day, he is better finisher than Falcao, he scored 27 fuckin goals last season. Just because media has bad stories about rooney, people think he is shit.

Besides he IS still best English player. Why dont you want english player, I find it hilarious and weird.

Cavani would be better fit, I agree, but he is too expensive. Rooney at 25-30mio is bargaim compared to 40mio modric or 50mio Torres. You know that after 11 goals two seasons ago, he scored 27 goals last year? And people think he is on decline...I fucking bet he is same league of strikers like Di Natale, Klose or Drogba who still score in age 30+...

I guess he isnt best option, but to say not to have him if there will be chance I dont get it...

Wages are only big problem here. He would want something like 300,000

1. Touching 30

2. Ridiculous wages

7. I'd worry about his level of commitment given his track record of, y'know, wanting to bail on clubs when the road looks hard

And finally:

8. We have youth that have the potential to be just as good as him in the future. I don't care how many positions he can play, I'd rather give time to players like KDB and Lukaku. These players can give us a good 10+ years of service, instead of getting a possible 3 or so years out of Shrek (if we're lucky) while he hinders the development of others.

Fitness problems right. I remember people said that when he scored only 11 goals in 2010/11, but surprisingly he managed to score 27 just season after.

Fitness problems right. I remember people said that when he scored only 11 goals in 2010/11, but surprisingly he managed to score 27 just season after.

It was hardly a problem with his fitness back then. 10/11 was the season he was caught shagging that prostitute behind his wife's back and his bad performances had more to do with that than his fitness, also he requested for a transfer and for a while didn't really give a fuck about playing. After everything was sorted out, he returned back to his best and scored the 27 goals the season after.

This year his relatively poor goal tally is a result of both problems with Ferguson, which were never really settled in that 10/11 season, and the acquisition of Robin Van Persie who was their main man as far as goalscoring was concerned.

Now, if someone says Rooney isn't wanted because of all the off the pitch drama and general cuntishness, I accept that but never say he's a shit player because that's just being ignorant.

Because most of them are shit.

Most of them yes, but Rooney isnt.

Still we are a fucking english club, we NEED to have own players. The main reason why english league is moving backwards behind Laliga and Buli is because all big clubs buy foreign players. Instead of raising own english players or at least buy them from other clubs...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You