Wayne Rooney

J.F.

"He has no feelings towards Chelsea. We shouldn't sign a United-through-and-through player." That's the notion I'm getting from some members.

I guess we shouldn't have signed Arsenal-supporting Ashley Cole then should we? Damn mercenary :rolleyes:

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashley Cole is Wayne Rooney's best friend right?

With that being said. I'd much rather we buy Rooney for £25m/30m than us buying Falcao for £50m. Rooney isn't just about goals like Torres and Shevchenko were. He brings a lot more to the table - when he's fit and motivated he's certainly one of the best in the world.

He would fit in with Hazard, Oscar and Mata like a glove IMO.

I would love this signing. People are just skeptical because of Torres but what made Torres a feared striker was mostly his pace and his confidence in taking a shot, which he has both lost. It isn't the same with Rooney. Not to mention that Rooney would add another option to the -3- in behind the striker as well when needed.

Even if Rooney isn't scoring he still brings a lot to the team. Can you say that about Falcao? I don't think so.

To say Rooney is finished because he didn't score that many goals this season is very naive because it is clear as daylight that he wasn't playing as the main striker anymore due to RVP's introduction to the team which forced him to have more of an assistance role.

He would be an Ashley Cole esque signing IMO.

What is it with us signing players when their finished?

The last time he kicked up a fuss about wanting to leave United i actually wanted him here, not this time. He has been very,very average all season and its obvious to every one he peaked too soon and is in slow decline. At times this season (Real Madrid away) he has been absolutely out of his depth.

Lets learn from the Torres situation here and bring in an actual world class forward.

How is he finished as a player? He's had a tough season where he's been played out of position because of the signing of Van Persie. Yes he's only scored 16 goals but do you know what happened the last time he scored 16 goals (and people wrote him off)? He went and scored 34 goals the next season.

That's 27 goals in 34 ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE matches.

But we should sign a world class forward? Who?

Falcao is 27 years old and his record this year - 27 goals in 32 matches. He also has 1 assist which is just 9 less than Rooney this season.

I may be wrong here, but It looks like he's actually handed in a formal transfer request according to teh newz bringerz and the likes on Twitter. Is this so?

I could understand him wanting to leave personally. Must be pissed off that Van Pussy came out of nowhere to take his light after all he's given to the club and now the fact SaF is leaving.

Sign the cunt!! :cry: At least he has decent hair now :dance:

Put him into our Fifa 13 team. It was Hazard, Oscar, Mata behind him in that order. He got 4 goals in 17 minutes vs. Arsenal. WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED HIM YET!?!

With that being said. I'd much rather we buy Rooney for £25m/30m than us buying Falcao for £50m. Rooney isn't just about goals like Torres and Shevchenko were. He brings a lot more to the table - when he's fit and motivated he's certainly one of the best in the world.

I would love this signing. People are just skeptical because of Torres but what made Torres a feared striker was mostly his pace and his confidence in taking a shot, which he has both lost. It isn't the same with Rooney. Not to mention that Rooney would add another option to the -3- in behind the striker as well when needed.

Even if Rooney isn't scoring he still brings a lot to the team. Can you say that about Falcao? I don't think so.

To say Rooney is finished because he didn't score that many goals this season is very naive because it is clear as daylight that he wasn't playing as the main striker anymore due to RVP's introduction to the team which forced him to have more of an assistance role.

Good stuff!

Good arguments like this is what changes my mind, instead of insulting people cause they don't agree with your view like some member do.

Keep up the good work! :blue scalf:

This seems extremely unlikely btw...united player joining us? I mean personaly, Rooney might want to join us, he is not United kid, Saf is leaving and he has to play behind Rvp (he might dislike that) but ManU board probably wont let him go to us. Unless he forces move and doesnt want to leave PL, we might get him. But if he just wants to leave united, they will sell him to either Bayern, Barca or Real...just seems very very unlikely thats all.

Please no.

I have so many problems with Rooney the footballer it's shocking. The most profound point is, how can we sign a player who's held Manchester United to ransom twice in the same number of years. The only reason Ferguson caved in 2011 is because Rooney was their only 'danger' man who could change a game, so in typical Fergie fashion he found a better danger man in RvP. Now Wayne's no longer the center of attention - he wants out?

Secondly, Rooney has long surpassed the period of time he had to reach his potential. The guy could've been world-class, simple as that. He shone in the first season post-Ronaldo but after that he let himself go. Not only did he put on a few pounds, he also became lazy on the pitch and his temperamental affected his play.

Yes, he's a goal scorer - something we need. But that's not the full picture of Wayne Rooney. His tendency to drop deep is going to get us nowhere because we need a striker who's going to stay in the last third of the pitch making the runs to the near post and take defenders away - Something Rooney is not.

He's also on a notable decline, which is shocking. He's 27 and should be in his prime by now or at least amounting to it. Instead he's become slower, less motivated and very arrogant. Even Mourinho won't be able to fix that.

I disagree about him fitting in with the Mata, Hazard & Oscar trio. I believe his game has changed so much at Manchester United that he's simply not an outright striker any more. That would mean changing the system to something of a 4-1-3-1-1 to support him playing behind an actual striker. We then lose depth in centre-midfield. Or if he replaces any of the three then we lose flare in midfield and it'll just mess up the style we've taken on now.

Signing Rooney means we have to still sign an outright centre-forward.

how can we sign a player who's held Manchester United to ransom twice in the same number of years.

Like Lampard's been doing to us? First playing a major role in getting AVB sacked and then not dropping wage demands; making public comments regarding managers and the club and even before all this, pondering a move to Inter? Like Ashley Cole did with Arsenal before transferring to us and giving us 0 football-related drama? I don't think that's a viable point.

The guy could've been world-class, simple as that.

If he stays at United for 1 more season he becomes their 3rd-all time goalscorer. He averages 1 goal every 2 games in the Premier League when played as a striker, and the exact same statistic is present in Europe and even better in the F.A. Cup.

If we don't go by stats though, you can't discount and seriously need to consider everything else he offers a team besides goals, such as work-rate, passion, passing ability, versatility and so-on.

after that he let himself go. Not only did he put on a few pounds, he also became lazy on the pitch

Like Lampard? This quote could be posted in the Lamps thread and would look perfectly in place :halo:

His tendency to drop deep

That's been a roll specifically given to him this season to create a midfield-3 as the wingers go up to join Van Persie with Rooney being a support option. Here he wouldn't be instructed to do so.

Cech

Azpi - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Ramires

Hazard - Mata - Oscar

Rooney - Ba

Anyone else have an erection right now?

"Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships"

That line-up would be condemned to fail.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You