Edinson Cavani

CFC58

51 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its not because of that Chelsea game as well, even in smaller games in the French league he has missed some really really easy chances. He is still a good player but I'm questioning his mentality at times because he seems to have a tendency to miss easy chances in bigger games. 

Well, in comparison Costa has only netted once in UCL for us in two seasons, and that was the 3rd goal in a 4-0 beating against Maccabi Tel Aviv. Still waiting for Diego to turn up in big games. I'm not so sure Cavani would be a downgrade like implied.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Its not because of that Chelsea game as well, even in smaller games in the French league he has missed some really really easy chances. He is still a good player but I'm questioning his mentality at times because he seems to have a tendency to miss easy chances in bigger games. 

He does, but who doesn't, Diego has missed an awful lot as well. The thing that I would be looking for,if such a deal happens is Cavani's finishing and technical ability. Perfect technical ability, immense first touch and a dazzling finish. I'm not discrediting Costa, quite the opposite, but as I've said, I'd get Cavani in a heart beat. 

• 3 weeks later...

Would be a fantastic signing for us in the summer, I think he is exactly what we needed upfront. A centre forward that can hold the ball, passes the ball well and can dribble his way pass a defensive unit. Yep, he ticks all the boxes for me.

The main question is though, will Cavani be so willing to join us without CL football for next season ? Hell, we might not even get Europa League football for next season.....seriously, fuck the current season.

• 3 months later...

Media saying we're bidding for a different striker every day. Silly season indeed. Wouldn't want him here. A big part of what makes sense and is great about Morata & Lukaku is that they haven't even peaked yet and will only get better. They could give us years of top class football. Cavani will only decline and is almost 30. No thanks. 

Anyways, with all these links to strikers you would think its 2013/14 when we were desperate for them. Now we have two great ones and need a whole new defense yet are only linked with huge money strikers. :D

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You