Edinson Cavani

CFC58

16 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

We literally just signed Kante....fml.

And she was the one to put the work in for him? Seems like Conte is like Jose and likes the personal touch with regular phone calls.

Emenalo waited for Conte to be away before he made his 'freat I am' speach. Remeninscent to the 'Who is Jose' speach.

I think I'm still in pain actually after the absenteeism of them pre last season and I put some of the blame on their shoulders. I would dearly love them to prove me wrong.

He might be better than Lukaku if the price is right, but I doubt that will happen, its PSG after all we are talking about. I would rather go for Morata, he is much younger than Cavani and is more technical than Lukaku, which is exactly we need to complement Costa in a 2-striker system. I also believe that Cavani wants to stay, because after years of playing the second fiddle to Ibrahimovic he might find himself being the main man at PSG. That being said, I think Morata is willing to change his club considering that he is behind Benzema in Madrids pecking order.

First priority should remain a good CB, Koulibaly seems the best candidate, him and Zouma could form an amazing CB pairing in the future. I just hope our board won´t be penny pinching like with Stones last summer. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

We have had a few links with him the last couple of weeks again. BUT Theres also reports hes agreed to goto AM to replace Barca bound Grieznan

Hes still a very fit guy and with 42 goals and 7 assists this season theres no need to give him a GPS to find the goal.

I'm wondering if he would be worth gettin if we manage to sell Morata to Juve?

Chelsea need to land £54m-rated goal-machine to catch Man City next season

https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premiership/chelsea-need-to-land-54m-rated-goal-machine-to-catch-man-city-next-season/

• 6 months later...

• 5 weeks later...

Chelsea lead chase for brilliant £45million transfer as Maurizio Sarri loses patience with two CFC players

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/12/11/chelsea-lead-edinson-cavani-transfer-chase/

Chelsea are reportedly leading the chase for the transfer of Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani in a deal likely to be worth around £45million.

It remains to be seen if PSG will be content to sell for that kind of price, but it’s the biggest offer currently coming in, according to France Football, as translated by the Metro.

The Blues could do with a striker of Cavani’s calibre after the struggles of Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud, with the report explaining that manager Maurizio Sarri is essentially fed up with relying on the pair.

Cavani would surely be an upgrade on those two after his prolific record in both Serie A and Ligue 1 in a hugely successful career at the highest level.

A tall, strong, skilful and clinical forward, the Uruguay international also seems ideal for the demands of Premier League football, so would surely settle relatively quickly at Stamford Bridge.

snip

How does this work with our NO MULTIYEAR CONTRACTS for 30 plus year-olds (Cavani is 32 in February)?????

Something HAS to give. Giroud is pure shit at this point and Morata is twice as bad.

Giroud fanboys/girls in 6,5,4,3.........:cig:

On 21/07/2016 at 7:08 PM, Unionjack said:

Yet another transfer window where we are linked with him

I'm suprized we haven't been linked with Hulk this window. I'm sure we could have gott him before China.

I know this is 2 years old - but such nostalgia for the Hulk talks 😂😂😂

On 11/12/2018 at 7:22 PM, Vesper said:

Chelsea lead chase for brilliant £45million transfer as Maurizio Sarri loses patience with two CFC players

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/12/11/chelsea-lead-edinson-cavani-transfer-chase/

Chelsea are reportedly leading the chase for the transfer of Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani in a deal likely to be worth around £45million.

It remains to be seen if PSG will be content to sell for that kind of price, but it’s the biggest offer currently coming in, according to France Football, as translated by the Metro.

The Blues could do with a striker of Cavani’s calibre after the struggles of Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud, with the report explaining that manager Maurizio Sarri is essentially fed up with relying on the pair.

Cavani would surely be an upgrade on those two after his prolific record in both Serie A and Ligue 1 in a hugely successful career at the highest level.

A tall, strong, skilful and clinical forward, the Uruguay international also seems ideal for the demands of Premier League football, so would surely settle relatively quickly at Stamford Bridge.

snip

How does this work with our NO MULTIYEAR CONTRACTS for 30 plus year-olds (Cavani is 32 in February)?????

Something HAS to give. Giroud is pure shit at this point and Morata is twice as bad.

Giroud fanboys/girls in 6,5,4,3.........:cig:

I'm not a great fan of either - but Giroud is the better of the two

works hard and links up play but is nowhere near clinical enough 

That's our problem we have zero CLINICAL finishers 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You