Edinson Cavani

CFC58

15 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

On a free, I'd take it. Just hoped this short term mentality was a thing of the past.

If he's happy to be a backup, then I think we can do a lot worse. Otherwise, it's tough to find someone with the desire to play week in week out in their 20s to be a backup. 

If he's happy to be a backup, then I think we can do a lot worse. Otherwise, it's tough to find someone with the desire to play week in week out in their 20s to be a backup. 
Is Tammy untouchable regardless of performances on the pitch?

If he isn't, I don't get this "back up" tag.

Cavani isn't going to be the undisputed at a number of the clubs he's been linked with, so it would come down to some assurances. Perform when given the chance, be rewarded.

Just now, LAM09 said:

Is Tammy untouchable regardless of performances on the pitch?

If he isn't, I don't get this "back up" tag.

Cavani isn't going to be the undisputed at a number of the clubs he's been linked with, so it would come down to some assurances. Perform when given the chance, be rewarded.

Just speaking hypothetically. Ideally, not. :ph34r:

Just speaking hypothetically. Ideally, not. [emoji185]

Who do you think the club should go after, or do you believe we ought to sit tight with Tammy/Michy till the summer & hope Werner turns everyone down for us (no idea about CL certainty)?

He has always been quality, I wish we had him when he was younger. SUch a hard worker and lethal. He still has 1 year at top level if motivated im sure but not for freaking 50m, thats an ass pull right there.

On a free or a low fee then he will do a decent job. 

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

Who do you think the club should go after, or do you believe we ought to sit tight with Tammy/Michy till the summer & hope Werner turns everyone down for us (no idea about CL certainty)?

This month, I have no idea. Haven't watched some of the players we've been linked with enough to say for certain. And I don't think we'll risk going with just Abraham and Batshuayi for the rest of the season or at least, I hope not. Otherwise, we'll be seeing Pulisic up front as the False 9!

The dream striker signing in the summer would obviously be Werner. 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Back up? He is one of the best finishers in world football and is still capable of scoring 15-20 goals a season at least. Still think he is better than Icardi but he is younger than Cavani and benefits PSG more in the long run.

Plus think what Tammy would be able to learn off somebody of his calibre and experience. Its totally different from a Higuain situation too (although if Higuain was fitter when we got him I do think he would of done a lot better because the movement was there). 

Atletico Madrid are after Cavani, he will do the business for them. I dont think we should be concerned about his age, he is one of the hardest working and looks after himself incredibly well, we talk about lacking top established players in and around this group, Cavani would be one, 32 or 33 or not. Hes won a lot, has scored a lot, wouldnt be a downgrade.

1 minute ago, OneMoSalah said:

Back up? He is one of the best finishers in world football and is still capable of scoring 15-20 goals a season at least.

Plus think what Tammy would be able to learn off somebody of his calibre. Its totally different from a Higuain situation too (although if Higuain was fitter when we got him I do think he would of done a lot better because the movement was there). 

Atletico Madrid are after Cavani, he will do the business for them.  

Backup, rotation, second choice...whatever you want to call it. But he certainly isn't going to start on a weekly basis if he comes here. 

3 minutes ago, Jason said:

Backup, rotation, second choice...whatever you want to call it. But he certainly isn't going to start on a weekly basis if he comes here. 

Yes he would. He would start ahead of Tammy and Michy and saying otherwise is being incredibly biast. 

Just now, OneMoSalah said:

Yes he would. He would start ahead of Tammy and Michy and saying otherwise is being incredibly biast. 

That's easy to say. But Lampard certainly isn't going to just toss Abraham aside. At most, he would rotate between them both. 

12 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's easy to say. But Lampard certainly isn't going to just toss Abraham aside. At most, he would rotate between them both. 

But again, its also easy to say he wouldnt just toss Abraham aside because he came in preaching about using young players and had done at Derby.

For me if we had a better 10, CB and CF Id be surprised if Tomori, Tammy and Mason had made as many appearances as they have. Sure theyd still have played but I dont think they'd have played as often as they have already. 

If we had a top top striker, which is no disrespect to Tammy who has done incredibly well after a poor spell in the PL with Swansea a few years back, I dont think it would be as easy as saying theyd both be rotated evenly or whatever.

Strikers like GKs and defences, are positions you dont often see rotated because they build key relationships and chemistry as well as give them a chance to maintain form (when Tammy wasnt scoring he was kept in and while Id imagine due to a lack of options was a reason why, Id say giving him the continuity and chances to play with the same players most week to build up chemistry was another). Midfielders and wide positions are changed more often in modern day football.

I suggested Cavani a couple months ago because of the contract situation. He is in similar situation like Giroud. But because of the bigger reputation he has if we want to do business now in January we would still need to pay probably around 12-15m. For Olivier we can get 6-7m. Also Edison have much bigger salary. Year and a half contract I'm fine with it. 

I think there are 4 players that Lampard wants over the next 2 summers

LB Chilwell (very hard to sign and zero clue who (if anyone) we move for if not him)

DMF Declan Rice

RW Sancho (super hard to sign, and zero clue if it is not him, I truly do not think that Lamps rates Zaha at all)

CF Moussa Dembele (I think he prefers hm over Werner, who is much harder to sign, but I also absolute think there is only a very tiny chance Dembele comes this window)

IF he wants Ake, he is doing a great job of hiding it (as he has said he wants AC to stay and fight for his place) and I think he is making a big mistake, as Ake would allow us to ditch one of the dregs LB's as well I think, as I cannot see Ake as a LB being any worse than what we have, BUT I may be totally wrong on that, I do admit this.

For AMF I have no clue, as he probably thinks he will roll with Mount and RLC when RLC comes back

I would not put any other players in this category (although one may shoot out of the blue that none of us have a clue on)

I wish to hell we would look so so hard at Zaniolo as he is left-footed, young, big, great shot and can play AMF and RW plus we have scouted him before multiple times

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You