Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Loads of bollocks just because he is our player doesn't mean he is the best.

Cavani didn't had a great year but he was second fiddle to Ibra, i reckon Costa would have the same problem if he was in his place.

Talking about World Cup really dude? What did Costa actually do in it?

As far as im concerned you clearly have not watched Cavani, anyone putting Costa above him is mostly because he plays for us and the fact Costa played great last season in his most prolific spot. Somthing Cavani didn't.

I like how most defended Costa when some said he was just a one season wonder, and we re using the argument he was second fiddle to Falcao yet say Cavani is "average".

Did you even read my post, genius?

Loads of bollocks just because he is our player doesn't mean he is the best.

Cavani didn't had a great year but he was second fiddle to Ibra, i reckon Costa would have the same problem if he was in his place.

Talking about World Cup really dude? What did Costa actually do in it?

As far as im concerned you clearly have not watched Cavani, anyone putting Costa above him is mostly because he plays for us and the fact Costa played great last season in his most prolific spot. Somthing Cavani didn't.

I like how most defended Costa when some said he was just a one season wonder, and we re using the argument he was second fiddle to Falcao yet say Cavani is "average".

Umm, you quoted the wrong post. I think.

Costa did better last year than Cavani ever has. He is more clinical and stronger, younger.

Umm, you quoted the wrong post. I think.

Costa did better last year than Cavani ever has. He is more clinical and stronger, younger.

I agree but as i said mostly why Costa had a better year was because he was playing in his most prolific spot.

And this actually made me angry because its definitely not entire true

Costa is stronger, faster, better finisher, better dribbling skills, also younger, can play as winger and as second striker, great in linking up and assisting too. His brutal character and fighting spirit is also really important for this Chelsea.

Costa>Cavani

Did you even read my post, genius?

I wanted to quote all 3 above but forgot to add last 2 :wub:

I haven't. But what I have seen was less than impressive.

Then you should avoid this kind of stupid post.

I'm sure you are one of those guys who only watched Cavani in both legs against Chelsea in UCL quarters last season, and watched his games in WC weeks ago and are now claiming stupid things like: Cavani has a poor finish, Cavani is average, Cavani is overrated.

Its not a surprise that a lot of people here believe PL still is the strongest, Hazard is a top 3 player in the world, Matic is the best DM of all. Most people here only cares about whats happening in PL, and only get to know different players and teams when they reach UCL semi-finals.

Then you should avoid this kind of stupid post.

I'm sure you are one of those guys who only watched Cavani in both legs against Chelsea in UCL quarters last season, and watched his games in WC weeks ago and are now claiming stupid things like: Cavani has a poor finish, Cavani is average, Cavani is overrated.

Its not a surprise that a lot of people here believe PL still is the strongest, Hazard is a top 3 player in the world, Matic is the best DM of all. Most people here only cares about whats happening in PL, and only get to know different players and teams when they reach UCL semi-finals.

Whoa, relax, little man. I saw a bit of his Napoli days, a few PSG games and a lot if his Uruguay stuff and I'm not impressed. I haven't seen as much of him as other people, but enough to form an opinion. Not sure why i have to see him play 100+ times to form an opinion on him. If he takes that long to impress me he's not as good as Costa, who i only saw about 20 times last year and i thought he was very good.

PL is the best league in the world.

Who thinks Hazard is top 3?

Matic, after next year, will be the best DM in the world.

Since when is pretty easy to see Costa as our main striker if Cavani does come?

Well look at what he does for the team in our system. Hes the perfect player for our system; aggressive, powerful, occupies defenders, drops in to help out the midfield, runs the channels, clever movement and also starts the pressing off.

Cavani is an exceptional striker too in my eyes, who also works hard and is very clever in his movement but I think Costa's brute force, on top of his direct, aggressive and workman like approach evidently suits our system much better than Cavani. He makes things happen out of nothing - like the assist for Matic vs Vitesse. Its blatantly obvious he will be our main striker for the next 5 or more years if Mourinho stays and goes for the approach he wants.

Mourinho said he identified Costa as 'our guy' 7 or 8 months ago, he done his homework, didn't sign a CF in January so he could get this specific player. He will be our main man no matter if we do get Cavani, trust me

Benteke would be fucking perfect, too bad he is injured.

If he shines thid season and we get short on strikers by janury, we can buy him then.

Cavani, Falcao, Bony, Benteke, Giuseppe Rossi etc. Plenty of options, if Mou realy wants one he will get him. I think the problem is that he wont buy anyone else...

Depth is one thing

Problem being that after Costa it becomes thread bare, and I mean that with no disrespect to Drogba at all, and well errr we know what Torres is. Injuries and suspensions can happen but IMO there is a huge issue with our back up options. I mean we don't know exactly how Costa will do, he could be a flop, nobody knows at all for sure. I just feel we must some how, or some way get shot of Torres and bring in someone else.

Depth is one thing, adding Costa and Cavani in the same summer is overkill. We have enough, its not like we were miles off the pace last year. until proven otherwise we've strengthened all over the pitch and will be much stronger than last year. No need to go in for Cavani at this point unless you have a feeling Costa will fail...

Can we have rumours of Torres leaving??[emoji35]

Fernando Torres - Chelsea to Wolfsburg

Chelsea have publically been saying that Torres is staying put, but talks with Wolfsburg took place this week. He has an offer from the German club and it's now up to him to decide. A decision will be made soon. (Chances of it happening: 8/10).

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-insider-chelsea-star-exit-and-arsenal-confident-over-midfielder-deal-140806106063?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

Fernando Torres - Chelsea to Wolfsburg

Chelsea have publically been saying that Torres is staying put, but talks with Wolfsburg took place this week. He has an offer from the German club and it's now up to him to decide. A decision will be made soon. (Chances of it happening: 8/10).

http://talksport.com/football/transfer-insider-chelsea-star-exit-and-arsenal-confident-over-midfielder-deal-140806106063?utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=twitterfeed

I will fly him to Wolfsburg myself.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You