Edinson Cavani

CFC58

We need a clinical striker that will take out teams like Wolverhampton, Everton,...

Cavani is on the old side, but I would have no complaints with this transfer. Any good striker is better than our current lot and ending 4th or 5th will depend on quality of our striker.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:16 AM, Muzchap said:

That's our problem we have zero CLINICAL finishers 

Not JUST that but we don't have many lads that keep their form in general.

Watched the game last night this morning and just blew me away how Barkles and RLC played. Few weeks back it seems they were the next coming and Englands great hopes. So I would have thought last night would be the perfect time for them to shine (CHO too) But they had no urgency. no 2nd gear. Who knows maybe Sarri was right saying there was no reason for us to win, nothing to play for.

What about pride?

Not JUST that but we don't have many lads that keep their form in general.
Watched the game last night this morning and just blew me away how Barkles and RLC played. Few weeks back it seems they were the next coming and Englands great hopes. So I would have thought last night would be the perfect time for them to shine (CHO too) But they had no urgency. no 2nd gear. Who knows maybe Sarri was right saying there was no reason for us to win, nothing to play for.
What about pride?

Welcome back we have chef everywhere for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2018 at 9:42 PM, 1chelsea said:

Welcome back we have chef everywhere for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now this would be intersting. Cavani AND Barella

Chelsea transfer EXCLUSIVE: Blues eye SHOCK £50m Edinson Cavani bid, second deal close

CHELSEA are lining up a dramatic £50million bid for Paris Saint-Germain hit man Edinson Cavani in a bid to solve their goal scoring problems.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1067835/Chelsea-transfer-news-Edinson-Cavani-Maurizio-Sarri

I just cannot see this happening. It would take such a huge culture shift from the board who have been steadfast and strict in their policy with regards to over 30 year olds.

Even the Giroud deal was only 18 months, there is no way we are amortising such a large fee over such a short amount of time.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I just cannot see this happening. It would take such a huge culture shift from the board who have been steadfast and strict in their policy with regards to over 30 year olds.

Even the Giroud deal was only 18 months, there is no way we are amortising such a large fee over such a short amount of time.

Yeah thats the issue.

Specially how we have so publicly given Cescy the Spannish archer and Luiz with no renewal. But I bet we manage to get Willian more than 1 year!

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Yeah thats the issue.

Specially how we have so publicly given Cescy the Spannish archer and Luiz with no renewal. But I bet we manage to get Willian more than 1 year!

I would not have expected this at the start of the season, but if there's anyone that has potentially earned lee-way over that policy its Luiz.

He has his erratic moments, but he has been overall solid this season and he offers two key things that would be difficult to replace (1) leadership and (2) genuine world class ball playing ability at centre back. 

At present, I really hope the club can come to a compromise with him. Perhaps a one year deal with a second year depending on games played next year. If he's still as important next season it'll trigger an automatic extra year.

But going back to Cavani, if Chelsea are splashing out that sort of money they will be wanting a player at an age where they can realistically offer a 5 year deal.

5 minutes ago, DDA said:

£50m ?? Fuck that for a game of soldiers. 

Spend that on Jovic and be done for years to come.

Certainly knows how to find the goal without help of a GPS

11 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I would not have expected this at the start of the season, but if there's anyone that has potentially earned lee-way over that policy its Luiz.

He has his erratic moments, but he has been overall solid this season and he offers two key things that would be difficult to replace (1) leadership and (2) genuine world class ball playing ability at centre back. 

At present, I really hope the club can come to a compromise with him. Perhaps a one year deal with a second year depending on games played next year. If he's still as important next season it'll trigger an automatic extra year.

But going back to Cavani, if Chelsea are splashing out that sort of money they will be wanting a player at an age where they can realistically offer a 5 year deal.

Ive slagged off Luiz as much as anyone when he fucks up and has his brainfarts but he has been very stable and solid for quite a few matches now. And he has shown he can have a very gentle spot on pass as well as a heavy foot. He has always had the character and spirit I appreciate in a Chelsea player.Good (MOSTLY) in the dressing room and carries that spirit onto the pitch. I would give him 3 years but I would also be buying another GOOD CB to get him ready and fight for the spot. Tho Ampadu today played a very good game and hopefuly can do that job.

I would take Cavani ove Higuain who will have that same age problem

6 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Certainly knows how to find the goal without help of a GPS

Ive slagged off Luiz as much as anyone when he fucks up and has his brainfarts but he has been very stable and solid for quite a few matches now. And he has shown he can have a very gentle spot on pass as well as a heavy foot. He has always had the character and spirit I appreciate in a Chelsea player.Good (MOSTLY) in the dressing room and carries that spirit onto the pitch. I would give him 3 years but I would also be buying another GOOD CB to get him ready and fight for the spot. Tho Ampadu today played a very good game and hopefuly can do that job.

I would take Cavani ove Higuain who will have that same age problem

Yeah agree with you on Cavani over Higuain but everything I've read, we would just be taking over the loan for Higuain as opposed to buying him so the longer term risks of signing an older player for big money wouldn't exist and would give us an 'out' option.

I don't think we'll buy anyone like that permanently unless it was some sort of cut price deal.

1 minute ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah agree with you on Cavani over Higuain but everything I've read, we would just be taking over the loan for Higuain as opposed to buying him so the longer term risks of signing an older player for big money wouldn't exist and would give us an 'out' option.

I don't think we'll buy anyone like that permanently unless it was some sort of cut price deal.

Well you know my choice is Icardi!  If I say it often enough I can convince myself lol

• 1 year later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You