Edinson Cavani

CFC58

No way i want him for that money way to overrated.

We need someone who can score ... Hernandez positional sense inside the box is up there plus he can score and being in the PL for some time now ... What more do we need? Not sure how he is overrated!

I thought he was unhappy there because he can barely get a game? He'd be in a similar situation here with Costa the undeniable first choice striker.

He'd get more minutes here than at United I'd think, but will he really trade one bench for another? Not to mention there's that little task of convincing United to sell a player to a direct rival. Unlike us selling Mata to them last season when they weren't a threat, they'd be selling Hernandez to a team they're hoping to compete with this coming season.

He has Rooney, RVP, and Welbeck in front of him at Man U. Here he'd just have Costa.

That's true, but they may not think he'll improve us that much.

Hernandez' overall play is pretty poor though, in all honesty he is just a poacher. I would much rather buy Remy who's not only cheaper but a better all around player that can add more than just goals.

It's really not that poor, he has his times where he's stupid, but he's pretty good, good oink up play, creates chances, play with his back to goal, for Mexico at least.

Solid striker and a good #2 option, i haven't seen much of Remy.

I would have really liked Benteke here but sadly he's injured. I've been really impressed with him he's like a perfect Jose type striker with good qualities and he's fairly young (23).

Yea.... He has technical ability on the ball, is strong, good finisher, good linkup play and his back to goal is excellent. I would love him as a second striker.

Cavani is better than Costa.

Cavani would not be behind costa.

Cavani managed 25 goals on a zlatan team.... That in itself is impressive.

Cavani is the perfect cf for chelsea....... JUst like drogba was prior.

Cavani is better than Costa.

Cavani would not be behind costa.

Cavani managed 25 goals on a zlatan team.... That in itself is impressive.

Cavani is the perfect cf for chelsea....... JUst like drogba was prior.

Finally someone who is speaking sense Cavani>Costa no matter how you view it.

I haven't. But what I have seen was less than impressive.

All you have to do is watch footage of his Napoli days to see that he's a beast. He would be again in the right circumstances.

Even during the World Cup and for PSG when he isn't a prolific scorer he still works his ass off and is probably the only striker I've seen in recent times who covers so much of the pitch. He works like mad and is constantly running. Even saw him tracking all the way back in the LB position for Uruguay. He's got a similar work rate to Suarez.

Don't know if it'd be totally wise to splurge a load of money on him anymore since we have Costa but I wouldn't be disappointed if we did and I'd be delighted to have him. Perfect José player.

Finally someone who is speaking sense Cavani>Costa no matter how you view it.

Costa is stronger, faster, better finisher, better dribbling skills, also younger, can play as winger and as second striker, great in linking up and assisting too. His brutal character and fighting spirit is also really important for this Chelsea.

Costa>Cavani

Cavani hasn't been performing at Napoli level for a while now... Can't see how anyone can say with confidence that Cavani > Costa now. Costa as of right now is the better striker IMO - maybe that'll change if Cavani went to a club where he'd be number 1 striker again but as of right now for me, Costa's better.

All you have to do is watch footage of his Napoli days to see that he's a beast. He would be again in the right circumstances.

Even during the World Cup and for PSG when he isn't a prolific scorer he still works his ass off and is probably the only striker I've seen in recent times who covers so much of the pitch. He works like mad and is constantly running. Even saw him tracking all the way back in the LB position for Uruguay. He's got a similar work rate to Suarez.

Don't know if it'd be totally wise to splurge a load of money on him anymore since we have Costa but I wouldn't be disappointed if we did and I'd be delighted to have him. Perfect José player.

That was quite a while ago. And that was in Italy, which is not a top 3 league. He may work his ass off but so does Ramires and he gets criticized every day. I wouldn't mind him here, but we don't need him.

Loads of bollocks just because he is our player doesn't mean he is the best.

Cavani didn't had a great year but he was second fiddle to Ibra, i reckon Costa would have the same problem if he was in his place.

Talking about World Cup really dude? What did Costa actually do in it?

As far as im concerned you clearly have not watched Cavani, anyone putting Costa above him is mostly because he plays for us and the fact Costa played great last season in his most prolific spot. Somthing Cavani didn't.

I like how most defended Costa when some said he was just a one season wonder, and we re using the argument he was second fiddle to Falcao yet say Cavani is "average".

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You