Edinson Cavani

CFC58

Then you should avoid this kind of stupid post.

I'm sure you are one of those guys who only watched Cavani in both legs against Chelsea in UCL quarters last season, and watched his games in WC weeks ago and are now claiming stupid things like: Cavani has a poor finish, Cavani is average, Cavani is overrated.

Its not a surprise that a lot of people here believe PL still is the strongest, Hazard is a top 3 player in the world, Matic is the best DM of all. Most people here only cares about whats happening in PL, and only get to know different players and teams when they reach UCL semi-finals.

Who said Hazard was a top 3 player in the world?

unless you have a feeling Costa will fail...

This last part being prominent. We literally have no idea, if it works then fine but the problem comes if it doesn't, where then? Full faith in a 36 year old Drogba and a bloke who is now struggling to actually look like a footballer? For me it's simple, Torres has to be sold whether it be at a huge loss or just shipped either on loan or dumped in the reserves.....Then we fetch in someone who fills the void and who is much better, it won't be difficult to find that either.

This last part being prominent. We literally have no idea, if it works then fine but the problem comes if it doesn't, where then? Full faith in a 36 year old Drogba and a bloke who is now struggling to actually look like a footballer? For me it's simple, Torres has to be sold whether it be at a huge loss or just shipped either on loan or dumped in the reserves.....Then we fetch in someone who fills the void and who is much better, it won't be difficult to find that either.

So you're advocating insuring our bet with another, what, 50m? We have our complete striker and likely our first choice for the next 5yrs, buying Cavani makes little sense and shows a bit of cowardice on our part. We don't need the world's best at every position including the bench, no one wants Torres so essentially we've made our bed with him. Its not the perfect scenario but it never is, we just gotta hope that the other additions i.e Fab, Luis, Courtois combined with having Matic for a full year and the growth of Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and Willian is enough.

I have a feeling we'll be fine, Didier still has elite attributes, he can hold up the play and also win a shit ton of headers. If he can be the target for us to build attacks for the aforementioned we will still be fine. Like I said as is we aren't that far off, 4pts from the title and semis of the champs league.

If torres goes we would certainly have to bring in another striker, his wages alone would finance a pretty good player. Doubt it happens though, Torres isnt about to take a massive paycut

Can anyone come up with the name of a team that can take on his wages and have a need?

So you're advocating insuring our bet with another, what, 50m? We have our complete striker and likely our first choice for the next 5yrs, buying Cavani makes little sense and shows a bit of cowardice on our part. We don't need the world's best at every position including the bench, no one wants Torres so essentially we've made our bed with him. Its not the perfect scenario but it never is, we just gotta hope that the other additions i.e Fab, Luis, Courtois combined with having Matic for a full year and the growth of Hazard, Oscar, Schurrle and Willian is enough.

I have a feeling we'll be fine, Didier still has elite attributes, he can hold up the play and also win a shit ton of headers. If he can be the target for us to build attacks for the aforementioned we will still be fine. Like I said as is we aren't that far off, 4pts from the title and semis of the champs league.

What I am saying is we should be looking at another option because we cannot go into the season with Torres, he has to go. It has nothing to do with cowardice at all, it's all about options, options like that of City that when when the chips are down we can turn to someone other than Torres or an aging Drogba who has sheer quality to be that step up from the options we have. Like I have said time and time again, and use Cavani as the example because this is the thread dedicated to him, he is the bloke I would have had here above Costa in fact, but beggars cannot be choosers and Costa is our main man. Who said we need the worlds best at every position? How about trying to improve on Torres and Drogba yet leave ourselves with a better out ball and bring in some better quality, and that doesn't mean just Cavani but someone like Bony, Hernanadez, Remy all upgrades on Torres-

I will say this right now. If Costa fails here from the off I bet my bottom dollar we go into the market for a striker in January and press the fucking panic button again. In no way or form do I want Costa to fail, I really like the lad but all bases have to covered. Forget the likes of Hazard, Willian and Schurrle this is purely about striking options.

Can anyone come up with the name of a team that can take on his wages and have a need?

Wofsburg if you had noticed are fucking loaded.

What I am saying is we should be looking at another option because we cannot go into the season with Torres, he has to go. It has nothing to do with cowardice at all, it's all about options, options like that of City that when when the chips are down we can turn to someone other than Torres or an aging Drogba who has sheer quality to be that step up from the options we have. Like I have said time and time again, and use Cavani as the example because this is the thread dedicated to him, he is the bloke I would have had here above Costa in fact, but beggars cannot be choosers and Costa is our main man. Who said we need the worlds best at every position? How about trying to improve on Torres and Drogba yet leave ourselves with a better out ball and bring in some better quality, and that doesn't mean just Cavani but someone like Bony, Hernanadez, Remy all upgrades on Torres-

I will say this right now. If Costa fails here from the off I bet my bottom dollar we go into the market for a striker in January and press the fucking panic button again. In no way or form do I want Costa to fail, I really like the lad but all bases have to covered. Forget the likes of Hazard, Willian and Schurrle this is purely about striking options.

Why does everyone compare our situation to City's? They are exactly what I mean when I say OVERKILL, you don't need 4 strikers fighting for one shirt. I would agree if we found a home for Torres it would be the most ideal situation but lets be honest with ourselves for a change NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE is going to take on a fee and wages for a striker who has been nothing short of horrific the past 3 yrs. Wolfsburg have money but why would they bet on a soon to be 30yr old striker who is paid like a world class player and who hasn't been anything close to that for years? Its just a pipe dream...

The fact is this is a CAVANI thread so I'm responding to that. If we do by some miracle get rid of Torres I still don't think Cavani is the way to go, we should look to bring in someone like Remy or Bony. Signing Cavani is just a stupid allocation of funds when we just signed Costa...

Cavani's agent:

"There has been much interest during the last 6 months. I can confirm Cavani heard proposals from Liverpool and Arsenal".

"Cavani said he would love to play in England, but has not yet made a final decision."

It likely wont matter how much money they have, they will still be friggin Wolfsburg. Torres knows by staying put he gets to play and compete for trophies, at Wolfsburg he gets to play, but wont be in contention for anything

Arsenal is capable of paying 100m in one go, they just don't do it. However who knows, maybe they think signing Cavani will sort them for the next 5-7 years and pay 50m, which they will get him for that.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You