Ramires

DavidEU

He should be careful, because he could seriously lose his place to fernadinho in the worldcup.

He just has to develop his decision making and if he doesn't know how to cross a ball, just whip it on the floor FFS.

He does not even have a place in brazil central midfield. What are you on?

Scolari has given him runs on the wing in 4231. Fernandinho's competition are luiz gustavo, paulinho and hernanes.

If our ambition is to become one of Europe's elite and be on the same level as the Bayern's of this world then we have to do much much better than Ramires as a starter in our midfield. it's no coincidence that our midfield has never been able to go toe to toe never mind dominate against any of the big teams since he Joined us. Man utd don't count as their midfield is equally as bad as ours, much worse actually (since we signed matic). Hard work and great engine is not enough sadly.

Ahh so one bad game and people start targeting him. These same critics will sing his name when he puts in a good performance for us next week.

I understand that he had a bad game but that does not mean he should be told that he is not good enough or he should be a squad player next season. The overreaction is simply just shocking .

You must have extremely low standard and expectation for us as a team moving forward if you think Ramires is good enough to be a starter. What top team in the world would he get into and be a starter? Bayern- big fat zero chance, Barca- lol, Madrid- no way, Juventus- nope, City- No chance, Arsenal- no, Dortmund- not a chance.

Utd is the only top team that he might get into and that's due to the abysmal quality of their central midfield.

If our ambition is to become one of Europe's elite and be on the same level as the Bayern's of this world then we have to do much much better than Ramires as a starter in our midfield. it's no coincidence that our midfield has never been able to go toe to toe never mind dominate against any of the big teams since he Joined us. Man utd don't count as their midfield is equally as bad as ours, much worse actually (since we signed matic). Hard work and great engine is not enough sadly.

Add to what you said the fact that we are the only big club that does't have a single attacking midfielder able to pass the ball. As long as we have Ramires, Oscar and Willian playing in the same lineup we are doomed to play only with counterattacks. And like you said this is not something that is going to work if we want to become one of the elite. Those who believe that with the addition of a top striker we will dominate everything are greatly mistaken because quite simply no striker will be able to contribute much with the way we are playing.

Add to what you said the fact that we are the only big club that does't have a single attacking midfielder able to pass the ball. As long as we have Ramires, Oscar and Willian playing in the same lineup we are doomed to play only with counterattacks. And like you said this is not something that is going to work if we want to become one of the elite. Those who believe that with the addition of a top striker we will dominate everything are greatly mistaken because quite simply no striker will be able to contribute much with the way we are playing.

Absolutely. For me the buck stops with the scouts and technical director (or whoever is in charge of transfers and identifying key areas to strengthen and the right type of players to buy). given the amount of money we have spent over the past 4 years rebuilding this team, there's no way we should be this far apart from teams like City for example, quality wise. It's sickening that we are still a long long way to go investment wise to catch up with the very best teams in Europe.

You must have extremely low standard and expectation for us as a team moving forward if you think Ramires is good enough to be a starter. What top team in the world would he get into and be a starter? Bayern- big fat zero chance, Barca- lol, Madrid- no way, Juventus- nope, City- No chance, Arsenal- no, Dortmund- not a chance.

Utd is the only top team that he might get into and that's due to the abysmal quality of their central midfield.

True, but this is very relative to system and strategies.

Same goes for David Luiz, as we've discussed before. Would a Terry or Cahill get into Bayern's or Barca's starting XI? I'd say they employ very different type of players even and specially in defense.

Same goes for Ramires. Mourinho already said so himself that Ramires is a key player for him. BTW, I like Ramires, but wouldn't call him a key player.

Add to what you said the fact that we are the only big club that does't have a single attacking midfielder able to pass the ball.

Are you serious?

Rami isn't my first choice as midfielder but he has a role he can play in the squad. to say that Hazard, Oscar and Willian can't pass the ball is ridiculous though.

I am sure you were one of his greatest fans when he scored that glorious goal against Barcelona(just using ONE prime example amongst MANY of his great performances for us) The sad fact is that you feel he is not good enough because he is going through a tough spell. His first touch was always awful but that still did not affect his performance when he was on top of his game.

Trust me,if you support a player when he's doing well then do the same when he's going through a phase of bad form.

He does not even have a place in brazil central midfield. What are you on?

Scolari has given him runs on the wing in 4231. Fernandinho's competition are luiz gustavo, paulinho and hernanes.

I know he doesn't start, I meant he may not be called up for the world cup entirely. And be replaced with fernadinho.

Brazilians love technique, even their center backs are technically fantastic. But ramires at least just has to get his decision making to be better.

I am sure you were one of his greatest fans when he scored that glorious goal against Barcelona(just using ONE prime example amongst MANY of his great performances for us) The sad fact is that you feel he is not good enough because he is going through a tough spell. His first touch was always awful but that still did not affect his performance when he was on top of his game.

Trust me,if you support a player when he's doing well then do the same when he's going through a phase of bad form.

Point out a post of mine where I have ever alluded to Ramires being good enough for a team with great ambition and aspirations. either that or you must be the world's first psychic because that's the only way you could possibly know what I think or have always thought of Ramires as a player.

As for the baffling logic. average players score fantastic and/or important goals all the time.kalou got a couple for us in his time here and I have never rated him as a genuine starting material, same with ramires.

Point out a post of mine where I have ever alluded to Ramires being good enough for a team with great ambition and aspirations. either that or you must be the world's first psychic because that's the only way you could possibly know what I think or have always thought of Ramires as a player.

I was ecstatic when Raul Miereles scored that late winner against Benfica as well that doesn't mean I rate him as a world beater.

Raul Miereles is a world beater. Shame he left.

Absolutely. For me the buck stops with the scouts and technical director (or whoever is in charge of transfers and identifying key areas to strengthen and the right type of players to buy). given the amount of money we have spent over the past 4 years rebuilding this team, there's no way we should be this far apart from teams like City for example, quality wise. It's sickening that we are still a long long way to go investment wise to catch up with the very best teams in Europe.

EXACFUCKINGACTLY

Are you serious?

Rami isn't my first choice as midfielder but he has a role he can play in the squad. to say that Hazard, Oscar and Willian can't pass the ball is ridiculous though.

Depends on your standards. If you want to tell me that Oscar, Willian and even Hazard are known for their worldclass passing game then ok, you are free to believe what you want. Personally i think that their passing game is average (and when i am talking passing game i don't mean pass the ball around or to the keeper, i mean KEY passes). The thing is that any top team needs balance, it is ok to have a couple of workhorses as long as you also have some technical players who can make the difference when teams park the bus agaisnt us. At the moment the strong point of the majority of our players is workrate and this is not enough if we want to go to the very top.

Depends on your standards. If you want to tell me that Oscar, Willian and even Hazard are known for their worldclass passing game then ok, you are free to believe what you want. Personally i think that their passing game is average (and when i am talking passing game i don't mean pass the ball around or to the keeper, i mean KEY passes). The thing is that any top team needs balance, it is ok to have a couple of workhorses as long as you also have some technical players who can make the difference. At the moment the strong point of the majority of our players is workrate and this is not enough if we want to go to the very top.

I agree with your point. Bold part ..

Although Eden, boy can he assist. Willian and Oscar are pretty average at passing, yea.

We really do seem to be a 'workrate' kind of team right now, and we do need to get more into our game. I just dont really know what I want Mou to do TBH.. I mean we're playing well and winning (most of the time) and I wouldn't want to replace any of the 3 (Hazard Willian Oscar) so I dunno really.

Maybe they can practice their passing? or perhaps we should bring in a Pirlo for the pivot?

I really really dont know..

Are you serious?

Depends on your standards. If you want to tell me that Oscar, Willian and even Hazard are known for their worldclass passing game then ok, you are free to believe what you want. Personally i think that their passing game is average (and when i am talking passing game i don't mean pass the ball around or to the keeper, i mean KEY passes). The thing is that any top team needs balance, it is ok to have a couple of workhorses as long as you also have some technical players who can make the difference when teams park the bus agaisnt us. At the moment the strong point of the majority of our players is workrate and this is not enough if we want to go to the very top.

Key passes and Hazard ? Average? Have you seen his stats? He even approacjed Mata in that respect last year when Mata ruled the league in this respect.

Sorry, I think that is nonsensical. Hazard had always been superb on making crititcal passes and assists and I pretty much saw every game since he was 16.

I think Hazard is like the third in the league when it comes to KEY passes so....

Also have you seen Hazard's pass to Eto'o in the recent Stoke game?

I think Hazard is like the third in the league when it comes to KEY passes so....

Also have you seen Hazard's pass to Eto'o in the recent Stoke game?

Key passes and Hazard ? Average? Have you seen his stats? He even approacjed Mata in that respect last year when Mata ruled the league in this respect.

Sorry, I think that is nonsensical. Hazard had always been superb on making crititcal passes and assists and I pretty much saw every game since he was 16.

Well you guys have a point and i didn't want to include Eden in my post because he deserves special mention and he indeed makes key passes. If you read my initial post, it had to more with Ramires, Oscar and Wilian. But even Hazard is not someone who will base his play around passing. His style is more direct and is happy to beat his opponent/opponents with dribbling and his speed. The point that i wanted to make is that we needa couple of midfielders that will be able to distribute the ball accuretly and with speed in oder to be able to break down defences that are well setup instead of relying only on counterattacks and/or a brilliant move by Hazard.