Man City 1-1 Chelsea

4 hours ago, robsblubot said:

Suspect physicality and height to handle high balls as he did in his very first intervention?

Which of these players do you think should have been used in the dying moments of the match?
Bettinelli, Gilchrist, Samuels-Smith, Harrison, Madueke, Mudryk

I feel like Gilchrist could have come on...he's been playing that defensive cameo role for a number of games this season.  As the saying goes, if you don't play the youngsters how do you know they are good enough? 

Like when Klopp played Bradley against us, no-one expected him to be the standout player of the game and yet by the end of the game, he was toying with us. 

1 minute ago, Reddish-Blue said:

You're forgetting the fact that we had experience all over the pitch and the team was well-drilled in how to get through a low scoring game. 

Right now we don't have Rudiger, James, Azpi, Kovacic/Jorginho/Kante, Christensen...

Our team is decent enough and you can see they are keen on putting up a fight but we just don't have the quality to see out 90+ minutes against a top 6 PL side at the moment. 

Parking the bus means the opposition are not allowed to create chances.
Not the battle of Gravia inn.
We played 11 men in the box like third division side, not like a mid table premiership team.
We played like Newcastle who were 2-0 ahead and lost to City.

3 hours ago, bluesman2610 said:

IMG_0427.jpeg.75da25aeec21e02bb940b50254ff1dc8.jpeg

Just leave this here

Two things. 1) He did get scared. They sub's and tactics in the second half were pure Dyche. 2) We play one game a week. If he cannot train the team to be fit enough in those circumstances, something is wrong. 

I say this as someone who has defended Poch this season on multiple occasions. 

2 hours ago, lucio said:

Yeh city just played a European away game. Using fatigue for an excuse is pure cope. 

People trying to celebrate throwing away 2 points late on... Brighton mentality 

exactly 

its good but now its time to move on

I for one would have happily taken a point before kick-off . We played with heart and Disasi, who I had written off as bang average, had a great game . We did however get pushed further and further back in the last 20 minutes and I don’t think taking two forward players off and replacing them with defenders helped - especially as neither Chalobah orCasedei have had any minutes recently. We lost any outlet and trying to play 20 minutes in our own penalty area against the firepower and skill of City was always a big ask. But it is was still a point many of us didn’t expect !!

5 hours ago, King Kante said:

Two things. 1) He did get scared. They sub's and tactics in the second half were pure Dyche. 2) We play one game a week. If he cannot train the team to be fit enough in those circumstances, something is wrong. 

I say this as someone who has defended Poch this season on multiple occasions. 

To match this City team, the boys were pressing flat out for the first 60 mins. it was clear that changes were needed and although I am not a fan of the Chalobah substitution I don't think it was about training the team to be fit enough. They would be spent in any case trying to keep up with this City team. There is a huge difference between the rosters 

You could clearly see before sterling Jackson and Palmer were subbed they weren’t tracking back like they had been and were visibly tired. I know you guys are disappointed in the draw but re-watch before the subs you can see why he made the changes in tactics.

Edited by bluesman2610

Opposite to many, I would still count this as one point won. True, we could or should have been 3-0 up at HT. But then again we have been wasting these kind of chances for years now and Haaland usually has not, so it was probably fair to go with a lead into the last 20 mins. But honestly we were never gonna keep a clean sheet vs City of all teams. They have so many quality players to bail them out when things are going against them.

Poch clearly had the team well prepared for once. Palmer, Jackson, Sterling were indeed visibly tired. Subbing on Trev for his comeback was a head scratcher but his fitness has nothing to do with the equaliser. 

Edited by Magic Lamps

25 minutes ago, Mário César said:

we simply need better players.... specially in the attack

Keep Cole… I still don’t know if Nkunku is long term. Sterling and Jackson are who they are and just not going to get it done weekly.

12 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Keep Cole… I still don’t know if Nkunku is long term. Sterling and Jackson are who they are and just not going to get it done weekly.

jackson is decent to backup and sterling needs to go with mudryk and madueke

we need to build our attack around cole palmer and nkunku. 

On 18/02/2024 at 10:48, Strike said:

To match this City team, the boys were pressing flat out for the first 60 mins. it was clear that changes were needed and although I am not a fan of the Chalobah substitution I don't think it was about training the team to be fit enough. They would be spent in any case trying to keep up with this City team. There is a huge difference between the rosters 

I am not buying this line of thought. If we cannot be fit enough this season with zero European football to match City for 90 minutes - especially after they just had a European away game - then what chance do we have next season if we secure any sort of European football? Will the excuses then be, 'we had a game last week, so could only match them for 30 mins'. 

30 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I am not buying this line of thought. If we cannot be fit enough this season with zero European football to match City for 90 minutes - especially after they just had a European away game - then what chance do we have next season if we secure any sort of European football? Will the excuses then be, 'we had a game last week, so could only match them for 30 mins'. 

It’s not about fitness at all is what I’m saying. Even if they’re as fit as humanly possible, they would tire out executing a pressing and counter game plan vs one of the best teams in the world 

How did we managed to do well vs City at CL final with almost same tactic while we didnt went at 70 min 10:0:0 in system..