Man City 1-1 Chelsea

https://www.11v11.com/teams/Chelsea/tab/opposingTeams/opposition/Manchester City/

CHE Vs MCI H2H STATS

CFC WINS - 71

CFC DRAWS - 40

CFC LOSSES - 65

CFC HAS 6 MORE WINS THAN MAN CITY in H2H

CFC OVERALL GAMES AGAINST MAN CITY - BEFORE SAT 17 FEB  MATCH = 176

Edited by KEVINAA

Yesterday we were pickpocketed in the midefield quite a few times (Caicedo - Madueke mainly).
So Palace managed some counterattacks and their goal undeservedly so,
Pontificating over the ball and the opponent snatches.
Like this Citeh can score 20-25.
But if we make them run then a repeat of the first round match is not impossible.

Been thinking on it and listening to the usual YouTubers on my way home from the office when I came to the realisation that last night is a game we probably wouldn't have won a few months ago. Is there a ton of progress? Nope. Am I satisfied with the setup of Poch and directors? Nope. Am I over the moon to see a bit of dogged fight between the lads? Absolutely, that's the minimum I want to see when I watch any Chelsea game and we can probably lose heavily against City, that said, if I see the effort, I'm satisfied. 

What does that mean for the summer? I genuinely believe Poch gets another season unfortunately. My biggest concern is the style of play with instructions and lack of system, these aren't bad players, they are badly setup and the buck stops with Poch.

Prediction: 3-1

11 hours ago, DH1988 said:

Been thinking on it and listening to the usual YouTubers on my way home from the office when I came to the realisation that last night is a game we probably wouldn't have won a few months ago. Is there a ton of progress? Nope. Am I satisfied with the setup of Poch and directors? Nope. Am I over the moon to see a bit of dogged fight between the lads? Absolutely, that's the minimum I want to see when I watch any Chelsea game and we can probably lose heavily against City, that said, if I see the effort, I'm satisfied. 

What does that mean for the summer? I genuinely believe Poch gets another season unfortunately. My biggest concern is the style of play with instructions and lack of system, these aren't bad players, they are badly setup and the buck stops with Poch.

Prediction: 3-1

good take.

Regarding the bolded part, that's not good enough at this level. WHU, Brighton, Villa, they all have a lot of good and expensive players. We pay for elite quality, and can be somewhat patient on younger players, but the standards haven't changed... if anything football in the PL has become more expensive, not less.

The question really is, "could Poch do a lot better with the roster he's got?" we are pretty divided here, I think. For me, it's a resounding "no!" Others think we should be playing better. While a few, who are clearly delusional 🙂, believe we should be challenging for top 4.

Edited by robsblubot

Come on Chels...for Liverpool! And Arsenal!

Really pathetic to just type that., but it's even more pathetic for the league for the same team to run away with the league title for more than 4 years in a row. Unless it's Chelsea, of course.

10 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

Come on Chels...for Liverpool! And Arsenal!

Really pathetic to just type that., but it's even more pathetic for the league for the same team to run away with the league title for more than 4 years in a row. Unless it's Chelsea, of course.

It's really not... nobody likes a bully which is what City really is. Wanna sign *that* player? well he's going to City (or the other bully).

5 hours ago, robsblubot said:

good take.

Regarding the bolded part, that's not good enough at this level. WHU, Brighton, Villa, they all have a lot of good and expensive players. We pay for elite quality, and can be somewhat patient on younger players, but the standards haven't changed... if anything football in the PL has become more expensive, not less.

The question really is, "could Poch do a lot better with the roster he's got?" we are pretty divided here, I think. For me, it's a resounding "no!" Others think we should be playing better. While a few, who are clearly delusional 🙂, believe we should be challenging for top 4.

Our team has not changed much from the champions league winning side. 

James, Chilly and Thiago remain. Azpi and Rudiger gone. 

Jorgi and Kante - We now have Enzo, Caceido and Gallagher. No one touches Kante, but I'd take 2 of the 3 over Jorgi quite comfortably. 

Havertz, Werner and Mount... You're nuts if you think they are better than what we have up front now.

There hasn't been some lack of talent that has caused this drop off. The shift happened when a lot of these players were still together - and we never recovered even when the new ones were brought in. We didn't become bad overnight. 

We can hope for a chaotic game like the first one against them or the one against Tottenham. If they control the game, we have no hope. We should be brave and fast in attack and press both aggressively and carefully. Connor can blast a screamer now that he is on fire. Don't you worry about a thing. COYB!

Back when we had a somewhat functional defence we could park the bus and hit them on the break to at least keep the scoreline respectable but now we are unable to keep clean sheet vs the meekest of oppositions so we can forget that. A chaotic game can end up in smth high scoring and narrow like last time or we might get hammered. I see no scenario where we are winning cos we have not been capable of resolute defensive displays while still finishing effectively at the same time

6 hours ago, Thor said:

Jorgi and Kante - We now have Enzo, Caceido and Gallagher. No one touches Kante, but I'd take 2 of the 3 over Jorgi quite comfortably. 

Havertz, Werner and Mount... You're nuts if you think they are better than what we have up front now.

There hasn't been some lack of talent that has caused this drop off. The shift happened when a lot of these players were still together - and we never recovered even when the new ones were brought in. We didn't become bad overnight. 

The champions league team was not doing great things in the league.
We managed to eliminate Real Madrid but Lamps too almost eliminated them last year - they were going to collapse if Cucu had not missed that sitter.
Real Madrid of 20-21 were not as good as now, so our really great act was to win the final - in a single match anything can happen.
Last two years no more Kante, Rudiger gone, Mount the super talent became a beer drinker, James almost permanently absent.
Up front we don't have a superman (Ossie - Didier - Eden - Mo, nobody of such a caliber).
Eden was the no 2 in the world as I have to concede first place to the short one and as Mbappe was only beginning his career.

7 hours ago, Thor said:

Not changed much?! 🙂 

How does that work? You listed 3 out of 11 (not counting bench which also changed and drastically! include both goalies!) who stayed. Out of the 3, one FB is perm-injured and the other was unfit for most of the season. Then you have Thiago, who is older and past his usefulness at an elite club.

The rest is just personal preference and completely ignoring player characteristics and experience. For me, Mount and Harverts are way better than what we have... esp bench wise. Mudryk wouldn't sit on the bench for that team. Puli and Werner are starting for teams who are better than us. Jorgi is older and IMO is still WAY better than Caicedo (he can pass the ball for ex). Kova way better than any mid we have. All these players you listed play for teams who play better than we do and sit way above us in the standings.

So, yes, for me the team does not even resemble the team that won the CL. Not only in quality, but also in characteristics. It's a very poor roster, and the results only demonstrate that.