Man City 1-1 Chelsea

Just now, cosmicway said:

No they did not.
But the midfield was an empty space. They might as well have put some chairs and coffee there.

He didn’t have mids to bring on. People are saying Mudryk and Madueke should have come on but the wingers were doing important doubling up work to stop Doku and Foden and I’m not sure either of them would be able to continue that with discipline. 

City's xG value increased more significantly between the 45th minute and the moment of the formation change (71st minute) than between that change and the end of the game. The pressure had already increased noticeably before that.

2 hours ago, Strike said:

He didn’t have mids to bring on. People are saying Mudryk and Madueke should have come on but the wingers were doing important doubling up work to stop Doku and Foden and I’m not sure either of them would be able to continue that with discipline. 

Exactly! Those two players should have never been part of the roster (IMO on loan), but since that’s what we’ve got on the bench, this was NOT the game for them. You need some to be neat and tidy on the ball otherwise City steals it from you and these players can't do that atm.

I think folks criticizing the changes are ignoring the low quality sitting on the bench — both compared to city and our own bench from not that long ago. We are missing senior players who can come in and produce something consistently, which is what a game like this demands.

For me the players who should've come on did, and then he closed shop with that he got, once City started piling up the pressure. Can't disagree with the strategy considering the distance between the rosters atm.

Edited by robsblubot

Theres a not written rule in football - when the team is doing well or good, you dont make changes! 

With subs Poch gave the chance city to calm down, especially their back line and to start bringing more pressure on us, thats why and we conceded. 

43 minutes ago, gdlk said:

Theres a not written rule in football - when the team is doing well or good, you dont make changes! 

With subs Poch gave the chance city to calm down, especially their back line and to start bringing more pressure on us, thats why and we conceded. 

There is no such a thing esp not after the 5 subs what that did to the game's intensity. No football game end with the same starting XI these days.

Players get tired, which can be a real risk against a team that play so wide and quick as City does.
The home team make changes to seek the result and apply pressure in the final minutes -- city can often push the opposition into a half-line for some time.

Crazy to criticize the manager after we get a point against City away from home. Are we now suggesting our roster IS REMOTELY similar to City's? really? Shall we go into names of the starting XI and their freaking bench for a reality check?

1 hour ago, gdlk said:

Maybe he spotted who looked tired.
But why Challobah after such a long absence in such crucial circumstances ?

13 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Maybe he spotted who looked tired.
But why Challobah after such a long absence in such crucial circumstances ?

Suspect physicality and height to handle high balls as he did in his very first intervention?

Which of these players do you think should have been used in the dying moments of the match?
Bettinelli, Gilchrist, Samuels-Smith, Harrison, Madueke, Mudryk

Edited by robsblubot

34 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

Suspect physicality and height to handle high balls as he did in his very first intervention?

Which of these players do you think should have been used in the dying moments of the match?
Bettinelli, Gilchrist, Samuels-Smith, Harrison, Madueke, Mudryk

Mudryk and Madueke could give them a run but they 'd have to get the ball to do that.
Rather Gilchrist.
I did n't like the way they could carry the ball from the midfield unopposed to right inside our box.
I call this Alamo, not defensive play.

38 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Mudryk and Madueke could give them a run but they 'd have to get the ball to do that.
Rather Gilchrist.
I did n't like the way they could carry the ball from the midfield unopposed to right inside our box.
I call this Alamo, not defensive play.

Mudryk and Madueke aren't tidy enough in their game (right now or ever); there would be a high risk of them getting pick pocketed and ruining everything. The others are just too young, too inexperienced, to play in a game like this. Try them elsewhere first.

You did not like the fact City was unopposed when moving the football, and I don't like it either. The difference here is that I blame the club, not the manger for this. I look at this absolutely ridiculous bench and blame the club.

I for one cannot imagine other mangers doing anything different. I mean the very best managers wouldn't come here anyway.
Jose would've parked the bus way sooner eh.

Edited by robsblubot

1 hour ago, robsblubot said:

Mudryk and Madueke aren't tidy enough in their game (right now or ever); there would be a high risk of them getting pick pocketed and ruining everything. The others are just too young, too inexperienced, to play in a game like this. Try them elsewhere first.

You did not like the fact City was unopposed when moving the football, and I don't like it either. The difference here is that I blame the club, not the manger for this. I look at this absolutely ridiculous bench and blame the club.

I for one cannot imagine other mangers doing anything different. I mean the very best managers wouldn't come here anyway.
Jose would've parked the bus way sooner eh.

Man to man, like Tuchel.
We scored in the first half in that match and kept the 1-0.
City had to try to reach our half - which they did but not every minute.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

Man to man, like Tuchel.
We scored in the first half in that match and kept the 1-0.
City had to try to reach our half - which they did but not every minute.

You're forgetting the fact that we had experience all over the pitch and the team was well-drilled in how to get through a low scoring game. 

Right now we don't have Rudiger, James, Azpi, Kovacic/Jorginho/Kante, Christensen...

Our team is decent enough and you can see they are keen on putting up a fight but we just don't have the quality to see out 90+ minutes against a top 6 PL side at the moment.