Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal

James

1 minute ago, cosmicway said:

I wrote here twenty five thousand times the f**king goalkeeper has no business to get involved with the build up. 
Just kick the f**king ball downfield.
Arsenal had given up the f**king ghost - it was going to be 3-0.

I agree the second they got the first the desire came back for arsenal. 

Honestly expected us to lose once Sanchez telegraphed that pass. Just not good enough. With any half decent goalie we win this comfortably. I was on the fence but big Rob has to ride the bench at most. Give that other new gl a chance. What tragedy. Such an amazing game up to that point. But honestly we should have closed the deal ourselves before. Palmer and nic not clinical enough 

3 minutes ago, chelsea_4_eva said:

Sanchez lost his spot for me, not the first time he has done this. Outfield players chemistry are good, just need to integrate that new keeper we bought.

Fucking Sanchez all his fault this.

I never wanted him

ever

Just now, Amad_diallo said:

So unlucky 😔 but on the bright side very encouraging performance🙂

We deserved to win but thats the nature of the game

Agree, playing much better, and the fuck ups might actually propel us forward now, knowing without the howlers it was in the bag

Just now, Vesper said:

I never wanted him

ever

A few of us wanted and couldn't believe we weren't snapping up Mamardashvili if I recall, including you, £22m-odd or there abouts, shocking how we've given up a 2-0 lead where Jackson and Palmer both should have put us 4-0 up.

1 minute ago, LAM09 said:

That should have been an easy 4-0 victory, but instead we threw away our hard work for 75 minutes and decided to play keep-ball. We only have ourselves to blame.

Disagree here, the mistake and even prior to that with the Onana impression non-punch put us under pressure, already a weak team and moments of seeing our games by playing keep ball is only a good thing when protecting a lead against a top team.

If someone is in need of an example of what "lack of experience" looks like, this would be it. This is just a single case though: how to see the game out. There will be others, I'm afraid. Today was Sanchez and Gusto; next time will be someone else.

Regarding "deserving" or not, we scored two fluke goals, and they scored 1 fluke and one good goal, so I'm not sure I have much to complain about.

Good performance against a better team, so not a great result evidently, but one we shouldn't too upset about. 

Edited by robsblubot

Just now, Fulham Broadway said:

Agree, playing much better, and the fuck ups might actually propel us forward now, knowing without the howlers it was in the bag

Spot on ! 

We might just need some little bit of upgrades in certain areas in the squad. But if we play like this we should definitely be okey

So we miss an attack when we are 2-0 up as well if he kicks the ball high.
Who the f**k cares ?
Why do it, try to make a clever pass ?
I might just understand if it was 0-0 even though I 'm against this thing under all circumstances.
The keeper has no business to get himself involved with the buildup.

Edited by cosmicway

I think the fact that we're upset at not winning this match is a good sign.

Should have been 3 wins out of 3, which is top 4 form IMO,  so we're not far off from where we want to be, even though the league table doesn't show it yet.

The league cup match against Blackburn can't come at a better time.

Time to progress in the cup competition and restart the winning streak.