Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal

James

43 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

The way we played in the 2nd half v Burnley gives me optimism against them, and that we've turned the corner. But how many false dawns have we also had of late ?

yeah but the thing that makes me pessimist is the first half with Burnely. That was really horrific.

4 hours ago, Laylabelle said:

Long as we turn up and actually make a effort however...

me too. 

Maybe we have some chances 'cos Arsenal will not be too close in defence like in the City game and we may perform like vs Brighton in Carabao.

2 hours ago, Mattill said:

yeah but the thing that makes me pessimist is the first half with Burnely. That was really horrific.

That was how we've been playing for months, worst run since 1978. 2nd half was something not seen since fucked if I know

It's an easy one though: they are better. They are better trained (a lot more time and better system) and have better players esp attacking options. A draw here isn't a bad result.

Martinelli will be in better shape than against City (after hamstring) as he's not w/ Brazil -- he's by far their best attacker. Jesus is a close second, but different (MotM for me against City). Odegaard has been amazing this season too. And Rice improved their CM a lot.

Which makes it a challenge for the players and club, which sometimes helps bring that extra effort.

Regarding lineup, I hope for the same starting lineup w/ Jackson instead of Broja. This is NOT a game to start Mudryk. It's not even about what he does, or does not do in attack, but rather his defensive work.

3 hours ago, lluubbeenn said:

If we manage to beat them, we are back in contention. We haven't beaten a team in the title race since Man city under Tuchel. We need 3 points against some of the big boys to install the confidence needed for growth. COYB!

We didn't beat Top10 team since April 2022. 

They have beaten us at the Bridge on the last three meetings and in the last 7 games between us, they have beaten us 6 times and we have only won once 😮

Need to beat them and this game hopefully is the one. They will go in as favourites but we need to get over this hoodoo. They have done the reverse on us now. We used to beat them for fun.

How I would crave a victory on Saturday. 

Edited by Stats

3 hours ago, Stats said:

They have beaten us at the Bridge on the last three meetings and in the last 7 games between us, they have beaten us 6 times and we have only won once 😮

Need to beat them and this game hopefully is the one. They will go in as favourites but we need to get over this hoodoo. They have done the reverse on us now. We used to beat them for fun.

How I would crave a victory on Saturday. 

Yipeeeee....maybe we can bring back Drogba?! It's so crap! You forget how bad it's got until look back and it's been years!