Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal

James

I rather have this learning experiences in a season we don’t compete than later on as well. Also there clearly is progress. Conor, Mudryk and Palmer are making strides in their development. But one thing is worrying. We still don’t make any progress in terms of maturity in front of either goal. Palmer was gifted a 2nd and could just have taken one more touch. Madueke and Nj looked completely useless. We can’t develop as a group as long as not everyone gives it their. 

1 minute ago, Blue Armour said:

I think the fact that we're upset at not winning this match is a good sign.

Should have been 3 wins out of 3, which is top 4 form IMO,  so we're not far off from where we want to be, even though the league table doesn't show it yet.

The league cup match against Blackburn can't come at a better time.

Time to progress in the cup competition and restart the winning streak.

Blackburn is after Brentford ?

2 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

What did he say??

he said that we (Chels!) always get huge breaks from the refs and that Arsenal completely outplayed us and they were robbed

Edited by Vesper

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

he said that we (Chels!) always get huge breaks from the refs and that Arsenal complexly outplayed us and they were robbed

Clown comment from Wright 

Edited by Blue Armour

2 minutes ago, Vesper said:

he said that we (Chels!) always get huge breaks from the refs and that Arsenal completely outplayed us and they were robbed

No wonder why he got glasses. He should definitely upgrade them.  maybe  pay a visit to smart eyes.🤣

You can say the first goal was gifted (it was a silly PK to give), and I think it was. The second was clearly a fluke, but you can only get lucky like that if you put yourself in that position, so good work by Mudryk on the overlap and dangerous cross.

Their first was gifted as well. And their second was a bit down to Gusto's inexperience, imo. By that time we had lost control of the match tho.

The PK discussion is silly. You can disagree with the rule, but the ref has no choice but to give it.

Edited by robsblubot

I am not even that shocked bc I never expected us to win a big match with this group - inexperienced, naive and ravaged by injuries, even 2-0 up. Even though Arsenal never looked threatening we were never comfortable. Sanchez missed about every punch and was terrible all game, one time chasing saka down to the corner flag, then bumping into our own defenders. Not his first erratic game. He was always gonna cost us again. Then Caicedo, who rightly should get praised for dominating Jorginho and rice but he also has a handful of turnovers every bloody game. All went unpunished today but two where very close to our box. He has to stop those. He is noweher near a 120m player but has shown some promise, no excuse not to cut the crap.

Just now, Strike said:

Lost for words. Feels like ages ago we had a meaningful win. Arsenal created nothing till that brain fade from the keeper 

Will check the stats, but I suspect the number of changes was about even. Curious about that.

I see xG at 1.36 (1 big chance missed Plamer or Jackson?) for us and 1.06 for them. Of course, circumstances affect that (chasing a result + counter attacks).

They had 7 corners vs the 2 we got.

Interesting that they did not manage to have a lot of possession, only 57%, which is a big part of their game. Suppose the team did a good job disrupting their play esp in the first half.

Edited by robsblubot