West Ham 3-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

45 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

He 's not a premier player.
He could do that in Ukraine against Dnipro-1 and other schoolboys.
Those clever scouts should go to the Faroe islands next and buy the best fisherman.

It wasn't Just Chelsea that was after him, Arenal was also desperate to sign him. His performances in the Champions League were also very good, so there is a player there.

Maybe he's struggling with all the negativity surrounding Chelsea at the moment, with far too many overly entitled fans more than happy to write off their players, rather than getting behind and supporting them. 

1 hour ago, JFKvsNixon said:

It wasn't Just Chelsea that was after him, Arenal was also desperate to sign him. His performances in the Champions League were also very good, so there is a player there.

Maybe he's struggling with all the negativity surrounding Chelsea at the moment, with far too many overly entitled fans more than happy to write off their players, rather than getting behind and supporting them. 

Maybe Arsenal are also fools.
What champions league matches were those ? Shaktar Donetsk against whom ?

Edited by cosmicway

2 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

I know about that.
The best fisherman from Pantelaria island then.

Pantelleria

This summery tomato and caper pesto comes from Italy's islands

a2dbd773393f4c573697a7505e48c3c4.png

08a705395461c63fdc7fa89fa2a70052.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2023/08/17/pesto-pantesco-pantelleria-sicily/

https://archive.li/tVvjk

74OXHQFS36YYTFRPMIDFONLCPU.jpg

When I reach author and tour guide Katie Parla by phone, she’s at home in Rome. “Ciao! So, we’re talking pesto, right?” She’s warm and relaxed, having just finished her latest book, “Food of the Italian Islands.” I’m calling to talk to her about the underappreciated pestos of Southern Italy. Specifically, Pesto Pantesco, a rosy, tomato-based pesto made on the island of Pantelleria, a tiny body of land roughly halfway between Sicily and Tunisia that’s home to fewer than 10,000 people. “It’s this volcanic island that’s part of Sicily, covered in vineyards and caper vines, windy and rugged … it’s a super magical place. I try to go as much as possible,” Parla says. Because it’s so hot on the island, many of its traditional recipes involve as little cooking as possible.

Capers are hand-harvested on Pantelleria and traditionally preserved in sea salt, giving them a stronger flavor than those jarred in a brine. They go into this pesto along with fresh tomatoes, almonds, a little garlic, olive oil, basil and mint. Rather than turning green, like the famous pesto of the North, it turns a color somewhere between mauve and bright red — depending on the color and ripeness of the tomatoes you use.

JGEWKSGQ5S5XYHNJJWFSKSHTXI.jpg

“The Ligurian pesto from Genoa has become the brand that people think of,” Parla says. “But there are many kinds of pesto. Pesto is a mashed-up sauce or condimento. It can take many forms.” In “Food of the Italian Islands,” Parla writes about pestos made from pistachios grown around Mount Etna; a tomato pesto from Trapani, on the northwestern tip of Sicily; and pesto Eoliana, which combines pistachios, almonds and salted capers.

For her variation of Pesto Pantesco, Parla made some tweaks to the traditional recipe. “Mine is a little herbier than the one you find in Pantelleria. When I’m thinking of developing recipes, I’m thinking of the flavor that the end product will have. In the U.S., tomatoes don’t have the same flavor as in Italy, so additional herbs give it an added freshness.” Italian tomatoes tend to have a thinner skin than those across the Atlantic, so Parla suggests blanching and peeling them — unless you’re picking tomatoes out of your garden or from a farm stand. “If you have super ripe summer tomatoes, there’s no need to peel them, and you can roll back the herbs a bit,” she advises.

snip

ce4b37cc23cf2d2d4cc13dbb868036f3.png
87fb90cc3fc5e73cf3a3d36843e95c37.png

1 minute ago, Vesper said:

Pantelleria

This summery tomato and caper pesto comes from Italy's islands

a2dbd773393f4c573697a7505e48c3c4.png

08a705395461c63fdc7fa89fa2a70052.png

https://www.washingtonpost.com/food/2023/08/17/pesto-pantesco-pantelleria-sicily/

https://archive.li/tVvjk

74OXHQFS36YYTFRPMIDFONLCPU.jpg

When I reach author and tour guide Katie Parla by phone, she’s at home in Rome. “Ciao! So, we’re talking pesto, right?” She’s warm and relaxed, having just finished her latest book, “Food of the Italian Islands.” I’m calling to talk to her about the underappreciated pestos of Southern Italy. Specifically, Pesto Pantesco, a rosy, tomato-based pesto made on the island of Pantelleria, a tiny body of land roughly halfway between Sicily and Tunisia that’s home to fewer than 10,000 people. “It’s this volcanic island that’s part of Sicily, covered in vineyards and caper vines, windy and rugged … it’s a super magical place. I try to go as much as possible,” Parla says. Because it’s so hot on the island, many of its traditional recipes involve as little cooking as possible.

Capers are hand-harvested on Pantelleria and traditionally preserved in sea salt, giving them a stronger flavor than those jarred in a brine. They go into this pesto along with fresh tomatoes, almonds, a little garlic, olive oil, basil and mint. Rather than turning green, like the famous pesto of the North, it turns a color somewhere between mauve and bright red — depending on the color and ripeness of the tomatoes you use.

JGEWKSGQ5S5XYHNJJWFSKSHTXI.jpg

“The Ligurian pesto from Genoa has become the brand that people think of,” Parla says. “But there are many kinds of pesto. Pesto is a mashed-up sauce or condimento. It can take many forms.” In “Food of the Italian Islands,” Parla writes about pestos made from pistachios grown around Mount Etna; a tomato pesto from Trapani, on the northwestern tip of Sicily; and pesto Eoliana, which combines pistachios, almonds and salted capers.

For her variation of Pesto Pantesco, Parla made some tweaks to the traditional recipe. “Mine is a little herbier than the one you find in Pantelleria. When I’m thinking of developing recipes, I’m thinking of the flavor that the end product will have. In the U.S., tomatoes don’t have the same flavor as in Italy, so additional herbs give it an added freshness.” Italian tomatoes tend to have a thinner skin than those across the Atlantic, so Parla suggests blanching and peeling them — unless you’re picking tomatoes out of your garden or from a farm stand. “If you have super ripe summer tomatoes, there’s no need to peel them, and you can roll back the herbs a bit,” she advises.

snip

ce4b37cc23cf2d2d4cc13dbb868036f3.png
87fb90cc3fc5e73cf3a3d36843e95c37.png

I don't eat plain spaghetti without minced meat.

5 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

The issue isn't making a wild bet, which many clubs would be willing to do.

The issue is making SEVERAL expensive wild bets on many young and unproven players at the same time, and then tossing them in your starting XI all at once.

That has never worked.

Edited by robsblubot

We had a period in the first half of about 25-30 minutes where we played absolutely exceptional football. It was what we weremissing last season and really was refreshing to see.

Quite agree with comment above from “We Hate Scouse”. I think we have to accept that this new young team will have periods of great football and periods where it just doesn’t happen.We should have taken 3points today and didn’t. But hopefully we can build on the first half in the coming weeks 🤞🤞

5 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Mybe Arsenal are also fools.
What champions league matches were those ? Shaktar Donetsk against whom ?

Maybe "Arsenal" are fools, or maybe not. My point still stands, we should be supporting and  backing our players and not writing them off. (Lukaku excluded)

From memory Mudryk contributed to 5 goals in the qualifying campaign.

5 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

The issue isn't making a wild bet, which many clubs would be willing to do.

The issue is making SEVERAL expensive wild bets on many young and unproven players at the same time, and then tossing them in your starting XI all at once.

That has never worked.

Agreed, we have signed lots of young players, all the more reason we get behind them and support them rather writing them off. Imagine how they would feel if they read this forum.

Think the 3 at the back system which worked so well v Liverpool was always going to be a struggle today regardless.

Tuchel got absolutely bashed from pillar to post for using a back 3 every week so will be interesting to see if Poch gets the same.

I would like to think that he can go 433 / 4231 but even then in midfield most of our options are more defensive/not overly creative barring Enzo. Or at least until Nkunku’s back. But even then he played off the left as well as centrally in pre season.

I think an established CF and 10/wide left player wouldn’t go a miss though just to take the burden off of players like Jackson and Mudryk. Jackson I have more faith in delivering to a degree this season but Mudryk gets worse and worse every time I see him play. 

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 minute ago, JFKvsNixon said:

Agreed, we have signed lots of young players, all the more reason we get behind them and support them rather writing them off. Imagine how they would feel if they read this forum.

Are you serious?! Makes little to no difference what we write on this forum. If what we write here directly affects them, then we are truly fucked. 😕

What matters is how they react to game situations, which is typically where young players struggle for their lack of composure.

I m not sure what are we expecting from this team with only the second match of the season ... It was a disappointing match & some of the performances were yikes!!! 

But this is what we would see more often this season, it is a team of kids who receive insane pocket money and are still learning their skills at the highest level. I feel we would go through this heartaches (it is going to be highs & lows, extremes) atleast for the first 3 months before we find some stable ground. 

1 minute ago, robsblubot said:

Are you serious?! Makes little to no difference what we write on this forum. If what we write here directly affects them, then we are truly fucked. 😕

What matters is how they react to game situations, which is typically where young players struggle for their lack of composure.

All I was suggesting was imagine how it may effect the players performances if they knew that they were held in contempt by their own supporters.

Maybe the attitude here is a reflection of the the attitude of Chelsea fans, maybe not; but this negativity thrown towards the club by their own fans just winds me up. Especially so with all the young players signed.

Yea the times have been tough for Chelsea, but it's during these tough times that the team needs the support of the fans more than ever. You have to take the rough with the smooth. The shit times just makes the good times taste sweeter.

3 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

All I was suggesting was imagine how it may effect the players performances if they knew that they were held in contempt by their own supporters.

Maybe the attitude here is a reflection of the the attitude of Chelsea fans, maybe not; but this negativity thrown towards the club by their own fans just winds me up. Especially so with all the young players signed.

Yea the times have been tough for Chelsea, but it's during these tough times that the team needs the support of the fans more than ever. You have to take the rough with the smooth. The shit times just makes the good times taste sweeter.

Sure, but handling that pressure is one of the main, and obvious, challenges of playing for a big club. That's why it's so hard to get there and then deliver; why most big clubs have few super young players starting for them.

The pressure is well-paid for in both transfer fee and wages.

That's the way it is: big club equates big pressure. 

Edited by robsblubot