West Ham 3-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

On 13/08/2023 at 17:41, NikkiCFC said:

Sanchez

James   Silva   Colwill   Chilwell

Caicedo    Lavia

Enzo

Sterling   Jackson   Mudryk

I'd play this but add in Disasi and put Colwill at LB.

Need to handle their route one bull shit. 

Given how much time Santos has had to learn the system and how well he did in preseason I would be tempted to give him the nod over Lavia.

Caicedo though should defo slot in right away.

I think Conor Gallagher did exceptionally well against Liverpool and he should be retained. He is going to be a great player. My Team would be:

Sanchez

Caicedo 

Enzo         Conor

Madueke         Jackson      Mydruk

These starting lineups look unbalanced to me; OK to use in away games against the top teams, or City, but just not enough attacking players against smaller outfits.

Enzo is quality coming from behind. You move him up and you run a risk of making him ineffective. Lavia never caught my attention as someone I should be watching, but we need a player who can linkup and/or join the attack, otherwise we will struggle with goals.

Now for the love of me, please get it through your thick heads! 😆 STERLING WILL PLAY! It's easier if you just accept that reality. I mean it will save you a lot of useless posts listing players who will never start. 

Edited by robsblubot

39 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

These starting lineups look unbalanced to me; OK to use in away games against the top teams, or City, but just not enough attacking players against smaller outfits.

Enzo is quality coming from behind. You move him up and you run a risk of making him ineffective. Lavia never caught my attention as someone I should be watching, but we need a player who can linkup and/or join the attack, otherwise we will struggle with goals.

Now for the love of me, please get it through your thick heads! 😆 STERLING WILL PLAY! It's easier if you just accept that reality. I mean it will save you a lot of useless posts listing players who will never start. 

Enzo is quality coming from behind. You move him up and you run a risk of making him ineffective.

Dude you didn't watch the LIverpool games as he was way better ahead then behind. 

53 minutes ago, hiterto said:

I think Conor Gallagher did exceptionally well against Liverpool and he should be retained. He is going to be a great player. My Team would be:

Sanchez

Caicedo 

Enzo         Conor

Madueke         Jackson      Mydruk

Made some good tackles but was awful other than that 

28 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Dude you didn't watch the LIverpool games as he was way better ahead then behind. 

behind: he's always facing the opposition goal.  (helps with his best quality: passing as he has full view of movements in attack)

Ahead: has his back to the opposition goal often. (he will have to often deal with pressure at his back and will need to turn to make a pass/assist).

Different characteristics. Enzo is Enzo, not KDB.

Edited by robsblubot

12 hours ago, robsblubot said:

behind: he's always facing the opposition goal.  (helps with his best quality: passing as he has full view of movements in attack)

Ahead: has his back to the opposition goal often. (he will have to often deal with pressure at his back and will need to turn to make a pass/assist).

Different characteristics. Enzo is Enzo, not KDB.

Tell me you didn't watch the pool game, without telling me you didn't watch the pool game......

5 hours ago, YorkshireBlue said:

Tell me you didn't watch the pool game, without telling me you didn't watch the pool game......

I did watch the pool game. I did watch the pool game. 😄

Now if you want Enzo in a CAM position... then I'm out of the discussion, sorry.

11 hours ago, robsblubot said:

I did watch the pool game. I did watch the pool game. 😄

Now if you want Enzo in a CAM position... then I'm out of the discussion, sorry.

Shamelessly self-replying here. 😅

Sorry, I did not want to sound definitive with the above point given it's just my opinion. Don't like the idea of moving a deep-lying mid, who has passing as his main virtue, up the pitch to be closer to the attackers. I typically see this going the other way around; like Fabregas, who moved from CAM to deep-lying mid.

Of course, it can and does happen in specific circumstances, like in a particular game where the opposition allows your midfield line to step up (at times against Liverpool). I'm referring to actually making his position a CAM as some of the proposed lineups posted here might suggest.

That I'm not a fan of--rarely (never?) seen it work: you don't gain the CAM you need, and you lose the quality deep-lying mid you had.

Edited by robsblubot

14 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Yeah Lavia won't be ready so from my predicted lineup I put Conor instead of him. 

He is ready, keep Conor warming the bench to avoid any injury before we sell him.

Edited by TheHulk