West Ham 3-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

Just now, robsblubot said:

your preaching tone is exactly that: entitlement.

That does not make any sense, what do you think I believe I am entitled to?

All I'm saying is that we all need to stop writing off the players, back them and enjoy the ride. Will this team go on and dominate English football? Who knows, but let's do our best to enjoy the ride rather then snipe, bitch and moan about how rubbish our players are.

Yes, today was massively disappointing, but we have to take the rough with the smooth, suck it up and keep on looking forwards.

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

62m for a kick and run merchant. Zero composure in this lad. 

Madueke disappointing too. 

Yeh and Everton were about to sign that same merchant like 1 season prior for around 30 million with add-ons...

Makes you wonder what the club saw in him to pay 60+ million for him...

5 minutes ago, JFKvsNixon said:

That does not make any sense, what do you think I believe I am entitled to?

All I'm saying is that we all need to stop writing off the players, back them and enjoy the ride. Will this team go on and dominate English football? Who knows, but let's do our best to enjoy the ride rather then snipe, bitch and moan about how rubbish our players are.

Yes, today was massively disappointing, but we have to take the rough with the smooth, suck it up and keep on looking forwards.

"Let's drop this sense of entitlement, and back those players!"

You do you and I do me. Calling the wish that billionaire elite football club should be able to compete against its peers is hardly asking much in my book. 🤷‍♂️

I've been around and disagree with what the club is doing; I already explained the reasons why I don't think it will work. It won't work now, and it won't work "tomorrow." We don't agree on this and really don't have to.

11 minutes ago, Mário César said:

most of our signings are a disaster 

mudryk

madueke

fofana

koulibaly

auba

cucurella

KK and Auba seemed like smart business in theory tbh. Meanwhile rest were screaming wtf all over them. Either it was forced by first/second choice players not willing to come (Fofana) or the substitution of football people with "data driven approach". Jorghi always had great stats, but it hardly translated to anything, so it may be this to some extent…

Edited by Vegetable

9 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

"Let's drop this sense of entitlement, and back those players!"

You do you and I do me. Calling the wish that billionaire elite football club should be able to compete against its peers is hardly asking much in my book. 🤷‍♂️

I've been around and disagree with what the club is doing; I already explained the reasons why I don't think it will work. It won't work now, and it won't work "tomorrow." We don't agree on this and really don't have to.

Don't for a minute believe that I agree with a lot of Chelsea's owners decisions, I'm just saying that when the players do arrive we should back them. The alternative is just toxicity, and that is a sure fire way to destroy the club.

We've all watched with glee Arsenal fans turn on themselves, the players and the club and the damage it caused. That pathway has to be avoided at all costs.

Edited by JFKvsNixon

18 minutes ago, Mário César said:

our january window was also a disaster

8 contract years to madueke and mudryk 

shambless

Embarrassing beyond belief. 

I'm just as concerned about Madueke as I am about Mudryk. Both look bang average on the ball.

mudryk and madueke barely had a chance and play consistently. 

ive not given up on either one of them. the ukranian had a great u21 championship and a solid pre-season. he has to get a chance to play. madueke played even less, and is comming back from an injury and he did not even played in the pre-season...

30 minutes ago, DDA said:

I'm just as concerned about Madueke as I am about Mudryk. Both look bang average on the ball.

we spent close to 100M on both of them and neither is enough for this level.

it would have been better to spend all that money on just one much better player

in fact, this is one of the problems with our strategy. there are too many players with potential, but not enough who are ready right now.

it's a mistake

Mudryk and Madueke looking like utterly useless and needless buys. Legit would’ve been better off holding onto Ziyech and Pulisic the second half of last season. Sell them then get some actually quality goal scoring wingers.

Shit. 

38 minutes ago, Mário César said:

we spent close to 100M on both of them and neither is enough for this level.

it would have been better to spend all that money on just one much better player

in fact, this is one of the problems with our strategy. there are too many players with potential, but not enough who are ready right now.

it's a mistake

100%... I would rather have had Rafeal Leao than both of these frauds tbh.

Madueke looks soo clown footed I can't even pretend to be optimistic about him. 

I pray to the good Lord above that he proves me wrong.

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I

One glimmer of hope is that last year ManUre started just as bad under ten Haag and he somehow turned it around. But he had experienced pros at his disposal, we got a bunch of overpaid hype boys.

That's my hope as well.

I'd rather we fumble now, and make adjustments like Conte did in his first season., and push strongly for the rest of the season.

With the CM reinforcements, Poch has no reason to rely on a back 3 anymore.

Drop Disasi, play a 2 CB formation, and play on the front foot.

One thing that's been missing last season is a proper response. A defeat last season was followed by another defeat or draw.

I'll be hopeful that we can turn things around only with a convincing win next game.

3 hours ago, DDA said:

I feel like things won't change without a consistent threat upfront. Jackson has the movement, but he lacks the ability to create chances for himself and isn't much of a physical presence. 

6 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

That's my hope as well.

I'd rather we fumble now, and make adjustments like Conte did in his first season., and push strongly for the rest of the season.

With the CM reinforcements, Poch has no reason to rely on a back 3 anymore.

Drop Disasi, play a 2 CB formation, and play on the front foot.

One thing that's been missing last season is a proper response. A defeat last season was followed by another defeat or draw.

I'll be hopeful that we can turn things around only with a convincing win next game.

We're playing Luton, so only a convincing win will suffice considering the staggering difference between both sides.

Edited by LAM09