West Ham 3-1 Chelsea

ZAPHOD2319

24 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Average age is not representative here bc of Silva. Median age is what we should look at it and that is around 22. Significant gap to the next team I am sure 

The fact that we don't have many players in that 26-30 age group is a massive concern.   The young guns will always need a few experienced heads alongside them to lead the way.  

Get the feeling that we'll be found out quite a bit this season by the rest of the top 6. 

Enzo - Caicedo - Lavia  will be a huge midfield for years to come but who's the experienced one that can settle the team down when the going gets tough?    A player like Jorginho would have been handy right about now....

Paqueta shouldn't have even been on the field and its the second game, a day later I'm still annoyed about the lineup and performance after 65-70th minute but at the end of the day, taking a step back, I was happy with the attacking flow yesterday once we settled, its just annoying that we have some glaringly weak areas.

We've spent a ton, we all know that, we're paying for previous mistakes as well, at a massive premium. Hope that the debut hasn't affected Moises too much to be honest.

Well we didn't start with Caicedo nor Lavia. They would have been good for this game. 

But just got bought and not enough time to gel with the squad. 

Maybe in 2 or 3 games times we start to see some improvement. 

Usually November was always our worst time, but I think this time might be different, hoping for improvement since young squad gelling over time. 

Caicedo should not have been subbed on imo, it was a bizarre move when we're chasing the game and very high pressure situation to put a young guy into but I guess that's the treatment you get when you come for a record fee, I'd have rather either started him or not played him at all.

Not convinced that Thiago and Disasi is a good CB pairing, good when we're in possession and building but as a combo they're a bit too sluggish in defense I think, one or the other for me but probably not both?

Edited by Mhsc

Left before the end - still fucked off about it- you start thinking Potter and Lampard might have got 3 points against 10 men. 

Plus points - you can see the seeds of a good team, but we're lacking leaders

Think its evident Poch needs two systems.

- One with a CAM/CF (carrying the ball + linking with attacker) 

- One with 3 central midfielders. (433)

There is no way he can expect to go into the season with fit CAMs throughout the entirety, and the mark of a great manager is being flexible. What I saw yesterday was Poch panicking and throwing the kitchen sink after Mudryk at CAM experiment destroyed the momentum. 

By the way, I'm not surprised by Chukwamekas classy showings in the first two games. Anyone with half a brain could see he has it last season and can't understand for the life of me why he wasn't playing under Potch or Lamps. Gutted he's injured.

Mudryk and Madueke may have been mistakes but you can't blame Poch for using them, not this early in the season (btw the Mirror is right about Pulisic being better than Mudryk).
The big issue was the team had no strengths to last the one and a half hour.
It produced a false image West Ham parking the bus and then left with ten men - the Chelsea players were tired in the second half.
We were never going to score. It could have ended in a 1-1 draw but we were never going to score a goal.

Edited by cosmicway

The most important thing is to not lose our heads and not starting to panic. 

I still remember that horrific start into the 2016/17 season. 2 extremely lucky wins against West Ham and Watford, a draw against Swansea, a loss against Liverpool and a horrific loss against Arsenal, the season looked so done after that..and the rest is history. 

Just some quotes after that Arsenal loss and how the mood here was:

• LOL Conte looks done. Maybe he knows the axe will hit him tonight?
  • The amount of space that Arsenal players are getting is hilarious. Our team is all over the place
  • You lost me Conte. From having high hopes of you to want you to be sacked in a month. Bravo.
  • It's like we are stuck in a never ending nightmare. Cech, KDB, Lukaku. And ee have to settle for these cunts
  • Look at those subs. What the kind of formation is that? This easily the most clueless manager I have ever seen.
  • This some people here expect something else with these players from last year?
  • Yes Conte makes mistakes but come on, Mourinho failed with these players, Conte aswell atm and Pep would also fail with them.
  • Conte cant start benching the whole team because we have nobody else that can play. Too bad.

This was 6 games into the season. We ended up with 93 points. There is still so much room and time to improve. Let's keep pushing. 

Edited by Gundalf

5 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

I still remember that horrific start into the 2016/17 season. 2 extremely lucky wins against West Ham and Watford, a draw against Swansea, a loss against Liverpool and a horrific loss against Arsenal, the season looked so done after that..and the rest is history. 

• The amount of space that Arsenal players are getting is hilarious. Our team is all over the place
  • You lost me Conte. From having high hopes of you to want you to be sacked in a month. Bravo.
  • It's like we are stuck in a never ending nightmare. Cech, KDB, Lukaku. And ee have to settle for these cunts
  • Look at those subs. What the kind of formation is that? This easily the most clueless manager I have ever seen.
  • This some people here expect something else with these players from last year?
  • Yes Conte makes mistakes but come on, Mourinho failed with these players, Conte aswell atm and Pep would also fail with them.
  • Conte cant start benching the whole team because we have nobody else that can play. Too bad.

This was 6 games into the season. We ended up with 93 points. There is still so much room and time to improve. Let's keep pushing. 

Conte had that genius 343 card up his sleeve. Revolutionized European football bringing that system back from the 90ies but with flying wingbacks and no.10s 

But it worked bc it  aught everyone by surprise and gave Costa and Hazard all the attacking freedom they needed. we still have not shirked but it’s holding us back as but we don’t have elite attackers anymore. Maybe Poch has something in his locker too but I doubt our team of kids could do anything with it. 

21 minutes ago, Gundalf said:

Are you not mixing things up a little ?
What business Lukaku had with the Conte years ?
Swansea draw was 2nd Moutinho year - the Eva incident.

1 hour ago, cosmicway said:

Are you not mixing things up a little ?
What business Lukaku had with the Conte years ?
Swansea draw was 2nd Moutinho year - the Eva incident.

People were criticising the board for selling Lukaku to Everton a few years back.

And we drew against Swansea in a few seasons lol

image.png.8f773148307ca6ead9f68443a35a8bc1.png

14 hours ago, bigbluewillie said:

Most of you need to calm down, you're in total meltdown.

I said at the beginning it was going to take time, and if we could finish at least 6th and have a decent run in a cup possibly win one the it would be a decent season.

I don't like losing to any one especially wet spam.

But get real ffs all new players and manager, the players need to get to know each other as does the manager.

I don't know what you are expecting, but two games into a season and you're slaughtering everyone, you've got to give it time it aint gonna happen overnight.

If you're not prepared to do that and lower your expectations to a realistic level then you're going to be disappointed for the whole season at least.

KTBFFH

thank you