Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

I've held off on criticizing him plenty of times,  given the clownshow of a squad assembly over the past 2 years, but the one thing I can't stand is how he keeps moaning about how the fans are too critical of the team.

Sterling was downright terrible today, and again he tries to moan about the fans being too harsh instead of telling Sterling to man up and come back stronger.

This constant us vs the fans mentality he fosters can only contribute to a negative dressing room atmosphere. Great job. Especially with such a young group of players.

League Cup: 3rd round - final

Fa Cup: 3rd round - semi final (at least)

Premier League: 12th place with 44 points - now we have 39 points with 11 games to play. At worst he will improve us 10 point from last season but I think we have a good chance to finish close to 60. 7th or 8th place realistically.

Attack much better than last season. Already scored 9 goals more with 11 games to play so in the end 20-25 more goals in the league. Defense is the problem but that should be fixed next season. Must be priority. 

So when the board analyze him they will see improvement all over. Not to mention such a young squad so it takes time and patience. I think one more season for sure but we really have talented squad.

Petrovic, Gusto, Palmer are the real deal. Enzo as well. Gallagher such a valuable player. Now we need to be patient with other guys like Colwill, Lavia, Carney, Mudryk, Madueke. I am growing on Jackson lately.

James and Chilwell were world class but injured all the time. Fofana is coming back, still have hope in him, and Nkunku we know what he can do.

Get rid of Sanchez, Disasi, Chalobah, Sterling... Caicedo does not look good but will be given more time for sure. Poch is probably not a guy for trophies but this squad is not as well. We actually need someone like him for lets say 3 seasons to bruise young players and improvement will come. After that we can take someone to take us to next level. Someone who is real winner.

Edited by NikkiCFC

16 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

League Cup: 3rd round - final

Fa Cup: 3rd round - semi final (at least)

Premier League: 12th place with 44 points - now we have 39 points with 11 games to play. At worst he will improve us 10 point from last season but I think we have a good chance to finish close to 60. 7th or 8th place realistically.

Attack much better than last season. Already scored 9 goals more with 11 games to play so in the end 20-25 more goals in the league. Defense is the problem but that should be fixed next season. Must be priority. 

So when the board analyze him they will see improvement all over. Not to mention such a young squad so it takes time and patience. I think one more season for sure but we really have talented squad.

Petrovic, Gusto, Palmer are the real deal. Enzo as well. Gallagher such a valuable player. Now we need to be patient with other guys like Colwill, Lavia, Carney, Mudryk, Madueke. I am growing on Jackson lately.

James and Chilwell were world class but injured all the time. Fofana is coming back, still have hope in him, and Nkunku we know what he can do.

Get rid of Sanchez, Disasi, Chalobah, Sterling... Caicedo does not look good but will be given more time for sure. Poch is probably not a guy for trophies but this squad is not as well. We actually need someone like him for lets say 3 seasons to bruise young players and improvement will come. After that we can take someone to take us to next level. Someone who is real winner.

Our recent form has been decent.

Our problem eaa the beginning of the season and not the last few weeks

1 hour ago, Mário César said:

Our recent form has been decent.

Our problem eaa the beginning of the season and not the last few weeks

I don't quite agree. We had good spells in the first half of the season., especially around the time we were playing matches against City and Arsenal at the Bridge 

It's only a matter of time before the form goes downhill again.

This team's form will always be up and down this season. Classic midtable form.

Maybe upper midtable at best. That's why 8th place is still attainable.

5 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I don't quite agree. We had good spells in the first half of the season., especially around the time we were playing matches against City and Arsenal at the Bridge 

It's only a matter of time before the form goes downhill again.

This team's form will always be up and down this season. Classic midtable form.

Maybe upper midtable at best. That's why 8th place is still attainable.

nottm and villa home and newcastle away were terribles performances 

I think our team is a top7 team or in maximus a top6 team

we need a winger the same level as palmer to upgrade our quality and a decent center back

We are nowhere near to be a  top 6 team . We are a build to be a  tournament team that can surprise even itself in one match, but nothing more we don't have expirience , leadership , DNA to challenge  someone in  PL . But even as a tournament team we have a manager who loses the crucial games and the finals.  Without proven players in the squad, these players will always be inconsistent . But obviously nothing will change they will buy another kids in the summer to continue this kindergarten farming module .

3 minutes ago, milka said:

We are nowhere near to be a  top 6 team . We are a build to be a  tournament team that can surprise even itself in one match, but nothing more we don't have expirience , leadership , DNA to challenge  someone in  PL . But even as a tournament team we have a manager who loses the crucial games and the finals.  Without proven players in the squad, these players will always be inconsistent . But obviously nothing will change they will buy another kids in the summer to continue this kindergarten farming module .

lets see how the season ending 

but if they continue to buy kids and nothing more we are finished

The season will end like the last one - no trophy , in the mid table if someone think we will win FA Cup or  we  will make winning series in the last 10 games  in PL is an illusion . We have in these 10 games Arsenal , Spuds , United , Villa , so at best 10th place .

24 minutes ago, milka said:

The season will end like the last one - no trophy , in the mid table if someone think we will win FA Cup or  we  will make winning series in the last 10 games  in PL is an illusion . We have in these 10 games Arsenal , Spuds , United , Villa , so at best 10th place .

But we need continuity. 

If we get some new coach some of the bad players will still be here. 

Disasi, Badishille, Cucurella, Sterling, Lukaku, Chalobah needs to be sold. 

We will improve if we get rid of these. 

4 hours ago, Fernando said:

But we need continuity. 

Cucurella is fine, much better than Chilwell this season. And we won't sell 3 CBs (+ Silva will propably leave) - unfortunately cause I am not rating any of them. 

Rudiger was also bad, but with Tuchel and right direction he went Chinese wall.. 

Its all to the coach and his managing.. 

And thanks to Cole Palmer we are in this position, not the coach! How many times he saved us, count the points he gave us and see where we would be without it.. 

Next issue, season is at its end we still dont have some sort of team play.. If someone make some miracle (most of times Cole Palmer) thats it! No atacking patterns, no defensive ones, nothing. Our press is terrible and even Championship teams when press us, we cant organise as team and pass the press.. Also our physical fitness and endurance iant great either. 

I cant see what we had trained whole summer.. 

we need to sell

chilwell or cucurella

lukaku

mudryk or madueke or loan one of them

broja

kepa

chalobah or fofana

and sterling

with this sells, we received a good amount of money to improve our squad

and if we buy great players with gallagher money, I dont have problems to sell him but I understand that is a hard decision

Edited by Mário César

21 hours ago, Fernando said:

But we need continuity. 

We will upgrade if we get proven players like Bastoni , Barella , De Jong or proven kids like Musiala but they can't get them because players of this caliber have salaries they can't pay  and  they already spend 1bn so in the summer after they get rid of players like Kepa , Lukakus , Sterling , Gallagher , they will looking for more kids on low wages to continues this project  as they say ''we will looking for  players under 23''  in the summer.

Edited by milka

Julian Nagelsmann said that he's ready to sign with a club before the Euros.

https://thedailybriefing.io/i/142676626/nagelsmann-could-sign-for-dortmund-before-the-euros

Nagelsmann is under contract with the German national team until the end of the Euros, but the idea for him is to be to signed up for a new club now - before the Euros - so sometime in March, April or May. Then in June full focus on the Euros.

Then joining a club right after the tournament in July. Nagelsmann's still taking his time so he wants to see what the possibilities are in Europe before deciding.

There is interest from Borussia Dortmund. My information is that they want to replace Terzic at the end of the season. It's a really concrete possibility for Terzic to go and leave the club at the end of the season.

So, Dortmund are looking at managers and Naglesmann is one of them, but let's see if there is some other possibility.

For sure, Nagelsmann will be ready to sign before the Euros…

It's funny how Thiago Silva have been exiled since his wife speak  it is time for change  and obviously she wasn't referring to Pochettino. Clowns .
Will be gold to hear what he will said after he will be free agent in  the summer what is really is behind  the scene .

Edited by milka