Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

"In the last 10, 12, 15 years, Chelsea is the greatest team in England. I know very well the Premier League and what the culture of Chelsea means. I think our fans are excited to again be on the road of trying to win."

Finally we have a manager again that knows what it's about.

I only hope he gets the squad to back him up., come the end of the transfer window.

Excited to see what he can do here.

Am a bit curious about how he will fare after his PSG spell as it wasn’t really a traditional sort of Poch team in terms of how Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs were in terms of pressing or the football being as high octane.

Has to get some good senior players with a bit of know how and skin in the game around the squad though. Cannot stress that enough. Will be vital.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Ultimately actions speak louder than words, but there is a distinct and clear difference here with Poch who gives off that confidence and aura that he believes he belongs in a big job like this. If this translates on to the training pitch, which I believe it will do, he'll have that group of players trusting and believing in him very quickly. 

Everyone knows we're in a state of transition throughout the club from top to bottom, but it shouldn't be an excuse to not be competitive and still challenging for top 4 and trophies. The vibes given out last season firstly by Potter and then Lampard were seemingly an acceptance of mediocrity. People can view it as a soundbite, but I feel much more comfortable and confident when a manager is talking about a need to win, than simply a hope to win. 

I wasn't initially sold on Poch, mainly because of his Spurs history, which I felt would immediately put him on the back foot, much in a similar way to Benitez. However, over the last few weeks, I've come down on the feeling that he's the right man at the right time for this job and yesterday's interview showed to me someone who looks confident, motivated and fresh.

Mauricio Pochettino:
"We have quality and we will add more quality."

Mauricio Pochettino on Mason Mount:
"We cannot talk. When I was talking about the future, it's to talk about the players who are here and who we can add. He's a Man Utd player now. He loved the club. But I don't know what happened in the past."

Mauricio Pochettino:
"My target is to win. If you are in a club like #Chelsea, you can't do a nice show and play well. Of course, good show and play well. But, of course, to win. If you don't win in a club like Chelsea, you will struggle."

Mauricio Pochettino:
"From now, I will be more involved. I will work with them. To judge and to take decisions. With Paul and Laurence, closely working, to take decisions for the best of the club."

Mauricio Pochettino on Levi Colwill and Noni Madueke:
"We spoke yesterday with Levi and Noni. I know Noni from Tottenham in the U18s. I wish all the best for tomorrow. We are waiting for them to be with the team. The day we fly to America they will join us."

Mauricio Pochettino:
"I want to provide and give the people, who trust in me, everything that I can do. I know that I need to build a relationship with the fans. I am fully committed with #Chelsea."

Mauricio Pochettino:
"I still not have time to think on the most difficult challenge. It's clear to have a very balanced squad. The club, in the plan, reduce the number of the players. That is the most important thing... then find the players to add."

Mauricio Pochettino:
"In football, no patience. It's difficult to wait. In #Chelsea, it's not about time, you have to deliver from day one. That's how we are working on the training ground. Not wasting time now. Football is about today, not talk too much about long term."

Mauricio Pochettino:
"I spoke with the owners in a really good way. They're clever people. I feel good. I'm not a coach who needs to ask for power. The most important I need to show them to trust in me and the players, and the fans can trust my decisions and the way we operate."

Mauricio Pochettino:
"The next captain? First of all, we need to close the squad. I need to feel the players, the commitment, the character and personality. Then we have many players with experience. Then we will decide."

Mauricio Pochettino on Romelu Lukaku:
"If he's a chelaea player vy then, he needs to come back July 12/13 to be part of the squad to start pre-season. With all the players that arrive, first thing that they're doing is to come to my office and say hello. That's what I expect if he's still a #Chelsea player."

Pochettino earlier about #CFC job : 

“The first meeting was on Zoom with Paul and Laurence, the first thing i said was do you need to convince me or do I need to convince you? If I need to convince you, I’ll come back with a nice shirt on, have a shower, aftershave on”