Welcome Mauricio Pochettino

11 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Loved his conference. Finally a reason for optimism. Reading his book made me like him a lot, but with today’s conference he won me over for good. Vamos!

What book? And which aspect or part of that book make you feel that, may you give some example 

Edited by dimmas

3 hours ago, dimmas said:

What book? And which aspect or part of that book make you feel that, may you give some example 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Brave-New-World-Inside-Pochettinos/dp/1409157717

It's written in collaboration with Balague, but it's from Poch's perspective.

I like the way he treats life and football, in general. He seems very passionate and honest. 

Good to see we're thinking of other staff, after the wholesale culling of last season.

We have recruited FA's head of performance Bryce Cavanagh to Pochettino's backroom staff.

The Australian sports scientist has worked closely with Gareth Southgate’s players since 2016 and is credited by the England manager with making his side the fittest in international football.

1 hour ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Players skipping workouts last year. WTF? Really glad Poch and his crew will not tolerate it.

Yet people hammered Tuchel and said he was responsible for the “worst ever pre-season” as the “players” put it to Graham Potter and his staff.

Cunts were skiving gym work in pre-season, no wonder we never ever got going at all they were never fit enough. 

30 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I think he learned a lot on that whilst at the nightmare that is the PSG ego/player power machine

PSG, over the last 10 years or so had/have some of the most massive egos on world football (Thiago Silva, Thiago Motta, and Blaise Matuidi being the huge exceptions, they were the adults in the room)

Zlatan

Icardi

Pessi

Mbappe

Neymar

Marquinhos

Sergio Ramos

Donnarumma

Verratti

Javier Pastore

Ezequiel Lavezzi

Dani Alves

Adrien Rabiot

David Luiz

Edinson Cavani

Ángel Di María   

Georginio Wijnaldum

Serge Aurier

Hatem Ben Arfa

Even though he doesn’t have the resume of the elite managers he just seems to really command the respect of players. I bet you it’s probably a night and day difference in training between Poch and Potter. Whereas Potter seemed from day 1 like he knew he was in over his head and just trying to be everyone’s friend, Poch is apparently almost military-like with his training sessions. And that’s what this underperforming group needed desperately. To kick their asses into shape and most importantly actually have patterns and tactics.

I hope that he can have a similar effect on our team that Ten Hag did last season where he completely turned them around over the course of just 1 season. United had the talent but were managed by a totally clueless amateur in Solskjaer. Then a proper coach came in and those same players that were embarrassingly poor were almost all transformed.

It SHOULD be the same for us. We have some ridiculously talented footballers. It doesn’t have to take that long to turn us around if the players fully buy in to the coach. Which they clearly didn’t with Potter.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Even though he doesn’t have the resume of the elite managers he just seems to really command the respect of players. I bet you it’s probably a night and day difference in training between Poch and Potter. Whereas Potter seemed from day 1 like he knew he was in over his head and just trying to be everyone’s friend, Poch is apparently almost military-like with his training sessions. And that’s what this underperforming group needed desperately. To kick their asses into shape and most importantly actually have patterns and tactics.

I hope that he can have a similar effect on our team that Ten Hag did last season where he completely turned them around over the course of just 1 season. United had the talent but were managed by a totally clueless amateur in Solskjaer. Then a proper coach came in and those same players that were embarrassingly poor were almost all transformed.

It SHOULD be the same for us. We have some ridiculously talented footballers. It doesn’t have to take that long to turn us around if the players fully buy in to the coach. Which they clearly didn’t with Potter.

True. Poch looks to have a good mix of bringing a cheerful, positive, personable vibe while demanding discipline and hard work from the player and at the same time sticking up for the team (calling out poor refereeing even in a meaningless friendly for starters).

But then again we also had this with TT and he still could not get around what made us underperform towards the latter stages of his reign.

I really think we just need to get out of the blocks flying and build up some momentum. If we manage this we can make a push for top 4 but if not the pressure will be immense and there is huge potential of another disappointing season with all those gaping holes in the squad.