The Next Manager?

Silvio Berlusconi just leaked Pep Guardiola's next destination: "So we contacted him, but then came the club that hires his friends."
Points to City or Chelsea. Txixi and Jose (sarcastically).

Manchester City hired Txiki Begiristain as Director of Football, the same man who hired Pep Guardiola in Barcelona in 2008.

looks to me MR A dosent like popular people at the club look at the history of loved people

Josa Drogba now Lampard and its looking like Terry,s days are numberd

only problem now if i am correct RB is safe ( oh god please let me be wrong )

Silvio Berlusconi just leaked Pep Guardiola's next destination: "So we contacted him, but then came the club that hires his friends."

Points to City or Chelsea. Txixi and Jose (sarcastically).

Manchester City hired Txiki Begiristain as Director of Football, the same man who hired Pep Guardiola in Barcelona in 2008.

If that's true then we might be fucked.

Either stuck with Benitez or going after someone who probably won't have the stature not to be sacked within 6 months.

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

If that's true then we might be fucked.

Either stuck with Benitez or going after someone who probably won't have the stature not to be sacked within 6 months.

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

FUCK

It's not true.

Berlusconi confirmed that Milan did approach him but that there is a very slim chance of their attempts being successful.

It's not true.

Berlusconi confirmed that Milan did approach him but that there is a very slim chance of their attempts being successful.

Talking me down from the roof :tophat: Cheers.

I think a large portion of those people who haven't jumped on the Rafa Out bandwagon have only done so because of the 'interim' title. If he actually got the job full-time then things could get nasty. Unbelievable how important this summer is going to be.

Jose or Rafa.

like people have said, if we give it to a club Legend (Poyet/Zola) its going to be horrible for us to watch them get sacked. Gus is a great manager to be fair though and could do it at Chelsea.

Jose is my dream, but as time goes on it looks more and more unlikely that we will get him.

So I say stick with Rafa. He's doing good I think (should have won a couple of cups already, but oh well) and if he gets fired it wont effect my emotions :)

Talking me down from the roof :tophat: Cheers.

I think a large portion of those people who haven't jumped on the Rafa Out bandwagon have only done so because of the 'interim' title. If he actually got the job full-time then things could get nasty. Unbelievable how important this summer is going to be.

No problem!

I think you could be right. I'm on of the people who hasn't jumped on that bandwagon. I don't really care about Rafa to be honest. Considering the situation we were in and which managers were available at the time, I think he was the best choice and it was a decision that made a lot of sense. He has also done pretty well so far.

BUT... I want Guardiola in the summer. He is obviously the best option for us to go forward as a club and I will be absolutely gutted if he doesn't come here. Our future looks very bright with the players we have... add Pep to that and our future will be even sweeter.

You realise he did not hire Pep, Guardiola was already coaching in La Masia, he just step up!

What is likely to happen: Summer comes, Pep rejects us, we keep Rafa.

I bet you that won't happen, only if we win EPL or UEL.

Whoever loses donates 5 ponds to TC?

Id laugh if it was Jorge Jesus.

As he has made comments about us in the past, it will be interesting to see if for the sake of consistency or double standards if he gets the same flak Rafa got.

On another note we will change manager's a lot until we find the right one and i wouldn't have it any other way, i don't want us being obsessed with managerial stability, you only need to ask Newcastle and Arsenal fans about the danger of that formula.

Voted for Jose for the purpose of this thread & because he would be my first choice, however I feel Roman has a major role to play with our next manager. I believe it is absolutely imperative that the next manager that comes in gets the final say/word in all footballing matters, be it academy to first team & specifically transfers. We need a man that has his own identity that has the bollocks to tell Roman its his way before any legal document is signed - what we had with jose basically who had total power & used to give Kenyon a list of transfer targets before the season ended, that was when we were most successful before the big fingers got in the pies & started taking Jose authority & then things started to go a little pear - shaped. Football should be kept to football people, business should be left to the suits.

I'm not opposed to any manager that meets the required criteria but I feel it is crucial that whoever comes in has a backbone so the club can be taken forward, the foundations are built for years. Jose started it before Roman & his sidekicks got involved, let's hope Roman doesn't make the same mistake again........

I personally think Pep will reject the job I also don't think Mourinho will come back, despite what he said I am sure he can get better offers without having to endure Abramovich. Rafa will get a extended contract is what I think is likely to happen, as much as I hate to say it.

Joachim Löw would be a really interesting option I reckon, always had lots of respect for that man, though it seems very unlikely.