The Next Manager?

You make it sound like there's nothing at Chelsea to tempt him. This is a guy who took his family to New York to experience something new - at Chelsea he could live in the greatest city on Earth, rather than some grim northern shithole. That type of thing would matter to him I think.

Plus he has the chance to build something truly amazing at Chelsea. The playing staff is tailor-made for him, the academy is coming of age and he could lead his team into a brand new stadium. Plus he'd get more time than any other manager since Mourinho.

Hopefully City win the title and Mancini is retained.

London > Manchester, that is true and arguably it is something Roman wish that can win Pep over.

London best city on earth? Well that is your opinion but i am having a laugh.

That is utter hogwash. There was no tension between Pep and Barca. I have no idea where you're getting that from. Pep left Barca because he was tired of football and the stresses that come with it. He said himself that he wanted to take a year out to spend some time with his family. There was no tension there. An emotional and private press conference was held in Pep's honour so he could officially announce he was leaving. All of the staff and the players (except for Messi) attended and there were no hard feelings.

There was tension between Barca reigme and Pep, and a lot of Barca fans acknowledge that. Here is Cruyff on the subject:

"Yes, of course. Terrible exhaustion. Previously he was surrounded by people with weight who disappeared. He was more alone,"

"Those who came in after the election had criticised the previous management so you think: 'Are those who were critical going to help me now?',"

"If the same people who have to take charge have criticised all those who helped you, without wanting it that creates conflict," he added.

"From then on, the problem was all Pep's. He had to deal with other problems than football. It exhausts you much more than you can imagine because no-one likes that."

Link: http://www.supersport.com/football/spain/news/120524/Pep_departure_ends_cycle_at_Barca

This is a massive contradiction. Basically, you're saying that City are impatient but also patient. There's nothing that suggests City will sack Mancini. Maybe some rumours, but nothing concrete at all.

No one could accuse City of being impatient if they have a chance of hiring Pep and sacking Mancini.

btw i never said City owners are patient, i said they are more patient then Roman clear difference.

There was tension between Barca reigme and Pep, and a lot of Barca fans acknowledge that. Here is Cruyff on the subject:

"Yes, of course. Terrible exhaustion. Previously he was surrounded by people with weight who disappeared. He was more alone,"

"Those who came in after the election had criticised the previous management so you think: 'Are those who were critical going to help me now?',"

"If the same people who have to take charge have criticised all those who helped you, without wanting it that creates conflict," he added.

"From then on, the problem was all Pep's. He had to deal with other problems than football. It exhausts you much more than you can imagine because no-one likes that."

Link: http://www.supersport.com/football/spain/news/120524/Pep_departure_ends_cycle_at_Barca

The first two quotes are completely taken out of context from the situation.

The third quote gives a better impression. But you have it wrong. Pep was exhausted because of non-football problems within the club, yes. But that never caused any tension between Pep and the club. And there were many other things that exhausted Pep, none of which caused any tension between Pep and the club like I already said.

What this proves is that Pep doesn't want to be involved in the business side of football. So why would he care if City have hired a new leading director and a new CEO?

I'm sorry but you keep contradicting yourself and you have read the whole situation incorrectly.

All I'm saying is that he isn't as good in my eyes than Mourinho for example. Porto, Chelsea, Internazionale, Real Madrid - he brought success to everywhere, he didn't just inherit great squad, he also adapted to the new squads, environment, leagues. He has more experience, more to show for. Guardiola has only managed Barcelona B and Barcelona, doesn't change my point, still he had advantage with the squad he had. Following your logic let's get Vilanova, they're having their best start to the season at the moment, he must be a great coach, right?

This Barcelona squad was also built by Rijkaard, mostly by him

I agree with the only place to be. I still don't understand why people underappeeciate what pep has done to barca. He brings tiki taka to barcelona. Passing midfielder like xavi, iniesta even zidane was on the brink of extinction. Even zidane was played on the left wing. Team prefer to play viera or makelele type in midfield. Then pep build a team full of passing midfielder and dominate football like no other in modern era. In fact spain was shit before this. After Barcelona they are wc and euro winners.

I am not sure who is better mou or pep but mourinho inherit great squad everywhere. I am not sre about his porto squad but He inherited super squad in rm, in inter (serie a was awful his era, i believe mancini won like 2-3 straight titles before him). He brought essien, drogba , carvalho and ferreira , robben to a very good squad while he was in chelsea.

The first two quotes are completely taken out of context from the situation.

The third quote gives a better impression. But you have it wrong. Pep was exhausted because of non-football problems within the club, yes. But that never caused any tension between Pep and the club. And there were many other things that exhausted Pep, none of which caused any tension between Pep and the club like I already said.

What this proves is that Pep doesn't want to be involved in the business side of football. So why would he care if City have hired a new leading director and a new CEO?

I'm sorry but you keep contradicting yourself and you have read the whole situation incorrectly.

facepalm.gif

You can believe whatever you want to believe.

I lost a lot of respect for Mourinho after this.

es0gq.jpg

In rugby there's a term for this type of person - 'gouging cunt'.

I will always be grateful of Mourinho for what he did for our club and all of the trophies he brought us, but he's done so many disrespectful things over the past few years that I just don't have much respect for him anymore.

I lost a lot of respect for Mourinho after this.

es0gq.jpg

In rugby there's a term for this type of person - 'gouging cunt'.

This picture always makes me smile. Not because of Mourinho but because of Borat's brother in the background.

Special one for me, he know the club the fans the players, is a winner and made Chelsea win through the years, knows the PL, knows how the managers work, perfect choice and please dont talk about 'possession football' because we are not ready for this and we'll keep sacking managers because of idiot people without winning a thing.

Whilst I would never turn down having Mourinho back, I believe having watched us this season that Guardiola is now a better fit than Mourinho. As some have already said Mourinho is best at building teams for now - he has rarely given opportunities to younger players and shows a huge amount of faith and trust in proven, experienced players. He himself has also never stuck around long at clubs.

With the club moving towards a much younger crop of players who will be looking for somebody to show faith in them and grow with them over an extended period of time, Guardiola's track record with Barcelona would point to a better fit than Mourinho.