The Next Manager?

I don't even care anymore to be frank. Roman tends to change managers more often than some people change their socks and it's not even interesting or exciting anymore.

Nevertheless, I prefer Jose or Pep. Probably the only two managers I'd actually get excited about. But I have a weird feeling that Benitez will remain here for one more season.

What is "set in place" and what shows that it is inevitable?

It's no secret that Abramovich has been chasing Guardiola for the past while and he's going to do everything he can to get him. We bought a bunch of technically gifted players over the summer and we're moving further and further into the direction of possession football. Guardiola had previously stated that he was a big fan of Oscar and wanted to bring him to Barca. What does Abramovich do? He buys Oscar.

The squad is bring trimmed down and the players he once had a lot of influence in the dressing room will be gone (Lampard, Cole etc.) It's rumoured that Abramovich doesn't want any players with too much influence so that the next manager (Guardiola in this case) will be able to stamp their own mark on the squad and build world-class team.

The club is focusing a lot more on youth now and it's only a matter of time until we see more and more academy players breaking into the first team (which will be a big advantage if FFP does come into play). We have world-class youth facilities just to top it off. If there's one man who knows how to instill a philosophy and style of play at a club, it's Guardiola. He has proved that much at least.

Investing in youth is now more important than ever, and not just for top clubs like Chelsea. It saves a lot of money over a long period of time and for the first time, Chelsea are focusing on abiding by FFP rules (the club released a statement to announce this fact).

Guardiola has said before that he would like to manage a club in England and that England has always been a major attraction for him. He's currently spending a year in New York so that his kids could learn how to speak English before they make the permanent move to England.

Looking at the clubs who could afford Guardiola, there's Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United and possibly Arsenal (although I can't see Arsenal breaking their wage structure). Guardiola's agent has already said that he will be looking for a job in the summer. Ferguson has announced that he will not be retiring for another few years (and it's highly unlikely that he will be sacked), so that rules out Guardiola going to United. Manchester City still seem to have faith in Roberto Mancini and unless they don't finish in the top four this season, I can't see Mancini being sacked. City still have a long way to go to meet the regulations of FFP and they can't afford to sack managers here and there like Chelsea have been able to.

That leaves Guardiola one option: Chelsea. A team that is brimming with talent, can offer him the freedom to build whatever kind of team he wants and one hell of fat contract.

Manuel Pellegrini - Doing a great job at Malaga and would have him here

Mourinho - would be great

Jurgen Klopp - would also be good but doubt he'd leave Dortmund.

Pep - Would like him here because I think he's obviously a talented coach and is what Roman really wants. If Roman finally gets what he wants maybe, just maybe, we could have some stability and continuity.

Simeone - Done a good job with Atleti and would also like him here.

Basically anyone that isn't Benitez, the only person I would want less than Benitez is Zola, he is too nice and a club legend and should stay away from this circus.

I don't want any of them, though, unless Roman and the board stay away from them and let the appointed manager MANAGE the club.

I think a better question is who we THINK will be the manager as the vast majority will say Jose for obvious reasons, or pep.

What are the obvious reasons for Jose? He had a bad working relationship with Roman, doesn't want to work with a DoF, we don't have the type of squad that plays to his strengths (Guardiola is the obvious choice looking at our squad), going back is usually a shit idea in sport and the main reason he might be available is because he's doing such a bad job at Madrid that he's likely to get sacked.

Guardiola on the other hand seems the best fit for our squad, our academy and would be a case of looking forward rather than looking back.

The fact he's behind Benitez in the voting is terrifying.

What are the obvious reasons for Jose? He had a bad working relationship with Roman, doesn't want to work with a DoF, we don't have the type of squad that plays to his strengths (Guardiola is the obvious choice looking at our squad), going back is usually a shit idea in sport and the main reason he might be available is because he's doing such a bad job at Madrid that he's likely to get sacked.

Guardiola on the other hand seems the best fit for our squad, our academy and would be a case of looking forward rather than looking back.

I guess the hatred for Barcelona is bigger than the hatred for Liverpool/Benitez on here.

It's the only plausible explanation that I can think of as to why anyone would think Benitez is more suited to us than Guardiola.

He's Jose mourinho, the special one, the best manager and the man who does some weird and wonderful things. Also i don't think it will be jose i think it will be pep but that was not the question. Also the only reason he is behind benitez is the voting is because most people are voting jose. If you didn't have jose in there 80% would be for pep.

I guess the hatred for Barcelona is bigger than the hatred for Liverpool/Benitez on here.

It's the only plausible explanation that I can think of as to why anyone would think Benitez is more suited to us than Guardiola.

No one thinks that... You can only pick one person... Everyone who didn't vote benitez would rather have pep its just when asked who they want they want jose or someone else over pep... It doesn't mean benitez is more popular. And has nothing to do with hatred of barca is greater than liverpool/benitez etc.

He's Jose mourinho, the special one, the best manager and the man who does some weird and wonderful things. Also i don't think it will be jose i think it will be pep but that was not the question. Also the only reason he is behind benitez is the voting is because most people are voting jose. If you didn't have jose in there 80% would be for pep.

He's Jose Mourinho, the guy we sacked, the guy who had a tumultuous relationship with the owner (but they've made up.....try being friends with an ex. Sure it's great. Now try sleeping with her and see how long before the first argument and you dredge up old shit) and works best in teams ready to win rather than building something new.

How many years do people expect it to last if he did come back? 1? 2 maybe? And then what?

Voted Pep, but I don't care all that much. They just need to get someone in who knows how to deal with players and has a say in transfer policy to let Roman stop interfering. Another possible manager not listed is Laurent Blanc. Fantastic with Bordeaux and good with France. (he quit after they lost to Spain, hardly a shaming defeat). And in managing France, he certainly is used to dealing with massive egos. Also, being a fantastic player in his time automatically gains you some respect from players (although it doesn't make you a good manager).

He's Jose Mourinho, the guy we sacked, the guy who had a tumultuous relationship with the owner (but they've made up.....try being friends with an ex. Sure it's great. Now try sleeping with her and see how long before the first argument and you dredge up old shit) and works best in teams ready to win rather than building something new.

How many years do people expect it to last if he did come back? 1? 2 maybe? And then what?

The same could be send of any manager, we have had or will ever had under roman... They are a bad run of games or bad half a season away from getting sacked. No different of its jose, pep or anyone.

Voted Pep, but I don't care all that much. They just need to get someone in who knows how to deal with players and has a say in transfer policy to let Roman stop interfering. Another possible manager not listed is Laurent Blanc. Fantastic with Bordeaux and good with France. (he quit after they lost to Spain, hardly a shaming defeat). And in managing France, he certainly is used to dealing with massive egos. Also, being a fantastic player in his time automatically gains you some respect from players (although it doesn't make you a good manager).

I'd rather have Benitez than Blanc.

Anyway I just feel sorry for our players, every couple months they have to learn a whole new system and how different managers want to set up.

They are just grasping what Rafa wants and next thing someone like Pep will come in and want something totally different - then he'll get fired by December and Sparky will come in with new ideas :lol:

The same could be send of any manager, we have had or will ever had under roman... They are a bad run of games or bad half a season away from getting sacked. No different of its jose, pep or anyone.

I disagree. I think Pep would get longer than any other manager because of his track record and the fact that Roman views him as the guy to take us forward. He's arguably the best manager in the world right now, and definitely the most in demand so there's a sense that there's no-one bigger to go for if things aren't working out.

Plus there's so much in place with regards the type of players we're signing for the first-team, and even at the younger levels, that to sack him would mean a massive sea-change in terms of everything you're trying to do as a club. I think Roman desperately wants a guy to provide stability for the next 3-4 years whilst things happen around the club, primarily the stadium issue.