The Next Manager?

I won't be surprised to see Rafa still here.

Everybody talking about Pep, tat just depends on the current Barca manager (forget his name lol - that's how bothered about then I am)... But he's in a bad way with Chemo and Radioligy etc - so looks like Pep may be going back there...

If that happens, we have another season of FSW and the likelihood that Pep will never want to leave...

Don't want to argue with anybody, so please don't quote me - that's just my opinion - if you don't like it - unread it :)

A lot of that sounds like you just want us to go back in time to 2005 and are ignoring how his tenure ended.

I'd say I'm surprised that half of the people voting want Jose back, but I'm not. We've seen from the Lampard situation that people just want to cling on to what is familiar rather than look to the future, and that's a common human feeling. New things bring with them uncertainty and change can scare some people.

But if you actually look at the composition of the squad and what we are trying to do in terms of what's on the pitch as well as long-term planning, I don't know how Guardiola isn't the best choice for the club.

I suppose Mourinho is like the first love (in fact I'd say he was most people's first Chelsea manager) but with maturity comes the recognition that going back is usually a stupid fucking move.

You're wrong, i want Jose because i think he can make this squad play realy good football.

This "what we are trying to do" thing that you mention quiet alot is not as simple as you might think, and it could mean alot of different things. Yes we brought Hazard, Mata and Oscar, but does it say we just have to go in this direction of "tiki taka" football and bring Pep? it is a possibility, a good one which i wouldnt mind at all and i would love us to play like that or anything that reminds that style, but its not the only possibility.

And im not even talking about how wrong it is to bring the right manager for our current players and not the other way around like it needs to be. But, what im saying is that it isnt late- our squad as it is right now could go to different places- it only depends on the future manager and his philosophy, and the signings he will make. Our squad could turn into a Pep Guardiola's team, our squad could turn into a Jose Mourinho's team, and a Jurgen Klopp's team. Right now we are Rafa Benitez's team, and its closer to Jose's style than Pep's, just as an example.

There isnt a real reason to think we are going directly towards Pep's style, expect the fact (1) we got some creative AM's lately ("we" means Michael Emenalo and whoever is in charge beside him), and (2) the big rumour in the media that Roman loves Pep and want us to play like Barcelona.

Again, im not against it and i will be very excieted if he'll come, i just think it could go to different ways easily, just if we want to or if Pep dont want to come here (which is also possible imo).

If you ask me why i preffer Jose than Pep? first i think Jose is a definite sucsses, and its something we need right now. I think we done alot of guessing lately (AVB, RDM), and bringing Pep is another one, with all the respect to him for what he did for Barcelona. Another thing is that i love Jose Mourinho's teams- the attitude, the commitment, the tactics, and i think that with the talent we have it could turn into something special. It wont be the same football that we played with him in the past, if thats what you scared of.

Im not that sure about Mou. Im realy happy for what he did for us, but now he is just different person. Specialy in this season, he realy fucked up RM. Terrible results, shit play, benching Casillas, exuses,...he once was that love-hate person with great charisma, big entertainer, with his own methods. Bit arogant, but always for team. Now he looks on himself more, his charisma blend and his arrogance rised. It could be Real, but U think he realy doesnt give shit about that club. He just keeps doing weird things and cant pull the best of players. Modric was also terrible buy, while he still didnt fixed RB problem. Right now, with youth and all we have, he will come here and buy few new older players he wants and bench young ones. He never realy evolved talents into world class players (except at Porto maybe). He has Jese Rodrigues, Morata, Nacho,...but he just doesnt use them. Also he needed Rb and he sold castilla player Carvajal who could easily step in bigger role at RM. Right now we need player who has very good understanding towards young players. Someone who knows how to use them and be patient. Pep, Klopp, maybe De Boer from Ajax.

I won't be surprised to see Rafa still here.

Everybody talking about Pep, tat just depends on the current Barca manager (forget his name lol - that's how bothered about then I am)... But he's in a bad way with Chemo and Radioligy etc - so looks like Pep may be going back there...

If that happens, we have another season of FSW and the likelihood that Pep will never want to leave...

Don't want to argue with anybody, so please don't quote me - that's just my opinion - if you don't like it - unread it :)

There's no truth in that at all mate. Just some really childish speculation by the media.

Vilanova is breaking records with Barcelona this season and has had more points in the first half of the season than Pep ever had. He's doing extremely well. It's highly unlikely that Pep is going to go back and Vilanova will become his assistant again. Barca don't need Pep and Pep doesn't wants a break from football, followed by a new challenge.

Also, Tito is recovering very well and has been at the last four training sessions and was in charge for Barca's game last night against Espanyol.

Sorry for quoting you by the way, I know you said not to. :P But I'm not arguing... just clearing things up I guess. :)

There's no truth in that at all mate. Just some really childish speculation by the media.

Vilanova is breaking records with Barcelona this season and has had more points in the first half of the season than Pep ever had. He's doing extremely well. It's highly unlikely that Pep is going to go back and Vilanova will become his assistant again. Barca don't need Pep and Pep doesn't wants a break from football, followed by a new challenge.

Also, Tito is recovering very well and has been at the last four training sessions and was in charge for Barca's game last night against Espanyol.

Sorry for quoting you by the way, I know you said not to. :P But I'm not arguing... just clearing things up I guess. :)

Haha that's cool - yeah i saw the same reports, but it's when the Chemo and Radioligy kick-in, completely destroys the immune system and after seeing friends go through it, there's no way he could do training sessions :(

For me Pep would be the ultimate, I genuinely think Roman will give him 3 years - just need destiny to work in our favour :)

And you can quote me on that ;):P

Haha that's cool - yeah i saw the same reports, but it's when the Chemo and Radioligy kick-in, completely destroys the immune system and after seeing friends go through it, there's no way he could do training sessions :(

For me Pep would be the ultimate, I genuinely think Roman will give him 3 years - just need destiny to work in our favour :)

And you can quote me on that ;):P

I'm not sure if he is even going to get chemo? I haven't seen any reports on it. Sandro Rosell (Barca president) did say that Tito will be back as full-time manager within the next two weeks, so I can't imagine he would be getting chemo. You're welcome to prove me wrong on this though, as I'm not sure.

And yes, Pep makes perfect sense. I'm not going to say why now but if you look back in the thread I left a post about why I think he would be great for us. @The only place to be made a great point earlier. He said that Pep would be unlikely to be sacked if we were to go through a blip for a month or so because if Roman sacks Pep, then who's left that's a better option? Roman has been chasing Pep for a long time now. When the likes of AVB and RDM were sacked, Roman still had Pep in mind (which is probably why he didn't hesitate).

I'm not sure if he is even going to get chemo? I haven't seen any reports on it. Sandro Rosell (Barca president) did say that Tito will be back as full-time manager within the next two weeks, so I can't imagine he would be getting chemo. You're welcome to prove me wrong on this though, as I'm not sure.

And yes, Pep makes perfect sense. I'm not going to say why now but if you look back in the thread I left a post about why I think he would be great for us. @The only place to be made a great point earlier. He said that Pep would be unlikely to be sacked if we were to go through a blip for a month or so because if Roman sacks Pep, then who's left that's a better option? Roman has been chasing Pep for a long time now. When the likes of AVB and RDM were sacked, Roman still had Pep in mind (which is probably why he didn't hesitate).

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11833/8345468/Barcelona-boss-Tito-Vilanova-to-begin-chemotherapy-after-cancer-surgery-goes-well

Maybe it wasn't true? But certainly after any cancer op, they 'normally' follow up with Chemo etc?

Either way I wish Vilanova a speedy recovery :)

I posted this in the Mourinho thread:

I've been thinling about it lately...Would Mourinho returning be a good thing? He loves the physical and dominating tactics with players like Khedira, Makélelé, Essien, Mikel being important. Whereas CFC are seemingly trying to move away from that ethos and implementing a more technical and fleet footed style. Wouldn't it be counter productive to bring in a manager whose entire philosophy is at ends with the players that are being signed?

Jose is not or will be signed by Chelsea anymore, I feel.

Once dismissed, how would Chelsea look in the public eye if they were to bring him back ?

Currently, his true character is seen at Real. My way attitude will never sit well with uncle Roman, I feel.

Therefore, I would suggest to forget about Jose for good.

Wouldn't it be counter productive to bring in a manager whose entire philosophy is at ends with the players that are being signed?

I have to agree with you on this one, all of our recently signed players (especially the big names) have had an emphasis on being technically gifted, smaller players. Imagine mazacar trying to play strong physical football. :lol2: That's why Abramovich practically salivates over Guadiola.

It's got to be Pep, surely?

He said he wants to manage in England, many close friends like Johan Cruyff said his next destination is in England, and it's no secret Roman admires the way Barca play..

I wouldn't be against this appointment, its a risk but a risk worth taking.

Recent or over the years Chelsea´s reputation of win or get lost, just might scare Pep to come in.

Even though, he is one of the best. Having said that, personally I am not sure if I want to see Chelsea playing some boring tick-tacka style of football.

As for Roman´s admiration of Pep´s style. I believe, Roman just wants to win games, trophies... & Pep already proved he can deliver. The question still remains the same.

Can Pep deliver the same with Chelsea ?

Recent or over the years Chelsea´s reputation of win or get lost, just might scare Pep to come in.

That's the thing, it's going to scare every manager and probably always has. But managers still took the job and other managers still will. Why? Ambition, ego, determindation... most likely money.