The Next Manager?

Anyway I just feel sorry for our players, every couple months they have to learn a whole new system and how different managers want to set up.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for them to be honest. I doubt they even feel sorry for themselves. Look how many trophies we've won over the past 10 years and how many winners medals they've picked up.

I wouldn't feel too sorry for them to be honest. I doubt they even feel sorry for themselves. Look how many trophies we've won over the past 10 years and how many winners medals they've picked up.

Yeah the trophies make up for things, but I'm sure there will be players in the dressing room tired of all the chopping and changing of managers.

Yeah the trophies make up for things, but I'm sure there will be players in the dressing room tired of all the chopping and changing of managers.

True, there probably have been a few over the years that have grown tired of it.

But do you think Drogba thinks to himself before going to sleep every night: 'I really wish we had less managers.' I'm willing to bet he thinks about all of those trophies, most importantly the CL. :P

I disagree. I think Pep would get longer than any other manager because of his track record and the fact that Roman views him as the guy to take us forward. He's arguably the best manager in the world right now, and definitely the most in demand so there's a sense that there's no-one bigger to go for if things aren't working out.

Plus there's so much in place with regards the type of players we're signing for the first-team, and even at the younger levels, that to sack him would mean a massive sea-change in terms of everything you're trying to do as a club. I think Roman desperately wants a guy to provide stability for the next 3-4 years whilst things happen around the club, primarily the stadium issue.

Yeah we cannot be definitive for obvious reasons... To clarify i am not arguing we shouldn't have him here, as i would love him to come here, he is the most in demnad due to his current situation and we would be lucky to have him, i think saying he is the best manager in the world is a stretch. He is a great man manager that is for sure, but i don't think snyone has enough info to say he is the best in the world... He could in many years time turn out to be though.

Jose - wins things and installs mentall strenght and winner's mentality , especially if Barcelona is not around. We can call him arrogant as much as we want but if he ends up in Manchester we wouldn't be happy about it. Only for long term of course, but if he comes back to England settling down would make sense.

Klopp - would need time, but has eye for a talent and can make team to play pretty nice football. There is nothing wrong with german discipline and sense for organisation too. He seems happy at Dortmund but question remains will he be able to meet his potential there if he keeps losing best players season after season.

Pep - His trophies speak for himself. He would be a gamble though.

In an ideal world it would be someone from three mentioned. They would be given enough time and wouldn't be faced with sacking after two lousy months.

Or someone less established, but good scout, great man manager and even better tactician able to meet our high standards and not have two defeats in a row.

Well that was ideal world, but in reality of Chelsea FC...Anyone who wants to take a chance, grab some quick money, is into sadomasochism , or is eager to get new chance in coaching, doesn't care about his reputation too much, which makes him eligible to come her and leave his bags packed...ready to fly as soon as things go sour.

To be fair, things change, and there is still time for us to stop this managerial countdown. There is slim chance that we are determined to treat the next manager right ,and in that case, the most likely option is Guardiola.

Regardless of trophies or reputation, its Abramovichs club and he makes that clear by hiring and firing at will. Theres nothing to suggest he will put a wedge in the revolving door.

We shoudl start with people on this forum, each given a months tenure like that Member of the Month thingy

Regardless of trophies or reputation, its Abramovichs club and he makes that clear by hiring and firing at will. Theres nothing to suggest he will put a wedge in the revolving door.

We shoudl start with people on this forum, each given a months tenure like that Member of the Month thingy

One day they'll be a 'choose the seat' number comp at the Bridge then surprise!Your Manager

Or Roman hires himself...

Be daft to hire someone again and fire them within a short period..doing it three seasons in a row wouldnt exactly be a selling point for potential Managers.Need to look at track records etc rather then just names..and give them a chance!

One day they'll be a 'choose the seat' number comp at the Bridge then surprise!Your Manager

Or Roman hires himself...

Be daft to hire someone again and fire them within a short period..doing it three seasons in a row wouldnt exactly be a selling point for potential Managers.Need to look at track records etc rather then just names..and give them a chance!

Thing is managers know what they will get at Chelsea -short tenure, and a shed load of cash. i dont think many would turn it down out of pride or integrity

True and a nice little stay in London...might be able to do all the sights before they get the flick

Jose wouldnt work.No gurantee of having full control over whats going on,there seemed to be issued when he wouldnt play Sheva when he was crap so imagin if he benched Torres.And why come back to a club where you were treated like crap.We need to move on and he has and his return to England be a annoying one for us no doubt.Shouldnt have been let go in the first place and reason for this mess...

Pep or Klopp would be interesting because of how they have molded young players at their respective clubs. Would like to see some use of this golden generation that's coming through, of course they would have to be given time and assurances to do so. Jose would be great of course, tried and tested and all that. Any of those three ideally but who knows what goes on in the boardroom and who we'll end up with at the helm.

Jose - wins things and installs mentall strenght and winner's mentality , especially if Barcelona is not around. We can call him arrogant as much as we want but if he ends up in Manchester we wouldn't be happy about it. Only for long term of course, but if he comes back to England settling down would make sense.
Klopp - would need time, but has eye for a talent and can make team to play pretty nice football. There is nothing wrong with german discipline and sense for organisation too. He seems happy at Dortmund but question remains will he be able to meet his potential there if he keeps losing best players season after season.
Pep - His trophies speak for himself. He would be a gamble though.
In an ideal world it would be someone from three mentioned. They would be given enough time and wouldn't be faced with sacking after two lousy months.
Or someone less established, but good scout, great man manager and even better tactician able to meet our high standards and not have two defeats in a row.
Well that was ideal world, but in reality of Chelsea FC...Anyone who wants to take a chance, grab some quick money, is into sadomasochism , or is eager to get new chance in coaching, doesn't care about his reputation too much, which makes him eligible to come her and leave his bags packed...ready to fly as soon as things go sour.
To be fair, things change, and there is still time for us to stop this managerial countdown. There is slim chance that we are determined to treat the next manager right ,and in that case, the most likely option is Guardiola.

Jose was jeered loudly again today by Real Madrid fans as he has been jeered for much of this season. He is on his way out not as a guy who always wins things - he doesn't and is currently way behind Atletico Madrid in third place - but as a guy who spreads a lot of poison wherever he goes. Most people in Spain think he has dragged Real Madrid into the gutter - despite the league win last season (after all RM have won the league many times before he arrived). He has been soundly beaten time and again by Barcelona.

I just want us to be Jose Mourinho's team again, with everything it represents.

Imo if he's coming here we'll control the league like we did in his first two seasons. He'll improve what we need to improve in the squad, he'll make the team look organized (finaly), we will immediately be the team with the "smartest", most solid tactics in the league (there isnt realy any competition with anybody else). Jose is a different level and he's a definite sucsses.

Big plus: he will give some of our young players something they realy lack of... BALLS. His teams just have that attitude and motivation that i want in Chelsea again.

I just want us to be Jose Mourinho's team again, with everything it represents.

Imo if he's coming here we'll control the league like we did in his first two seasons. He'll improve what we need to improve in the squad, he'll make the team look organized (finaly), we will immediately be the team with the "smartest", most solid tactics in the league (there isnt realy any competition with anybody else). Jose is a different level and he's a definite sucsses.

Big plus: he will give some of our young players something they realy lack of... BALLS.

A lot of that sounds like you just want us to go back in time to 2005 and are ignoring how his tenure ended.

I'd say I'm surprised that half of the people voting want Jose back, but I'm not. We've seen from the Lampard situation that people just want to cling on to what is familiar rather than look to the future, and that's a common human feeling. New things bring with them uncertainty and change can scare some people.

But if you actually look at the composition of the squad and what we are trying to do in terms of what's on the pitch as well as long-term planning, I don't know how Guardiola isn't the best choice for the club.

I suppose Mourinho is like the first love (in fact I'd say he was most people's first Chelsea manager) but with maturity comes the recognition that going back is usually a stupid fucking move.

The next manager is Pep and say what you will of how good he had it in Barcelona, the same can be said of Mourinho and his past squads. Pep will do wonders at Chelsea and will design the squad to cope with the rigors of the EPL, not try to force a brand high on flair but short on results. Mourinho is more suited to PSG.