The Next Manager?

Roman would know by now that he fucked up when it came to Jose. If reports are true, he and Jose mended there relationship and still stay in contact. For me, Guardiola, is a decent manager, but had the best players in the world to work with. Jose came here, bought a handful of decent players from around the world, mixed them with what we had and made us one of the best teams in the world. Nobody else could do that in my opinion.

It's one think 'mending a relationship' when you've gone separate ways but it's different when you start working with one another and have that first disagreement. It's too easy to drag up old shit.

Guardiola is a world-class man manager from everything I've read about him, and he'd be comfortable working in the current structure we have in place. That is preferable to pulling down everything we've put in place and letting Mourinho have total control. Personally I don't know if that chimes well with what we've got regarding the academy and our transfer system.

Wenger has plenty of money now. What has he done, so far ? Nothing. He is too cheap to spend it. Wenger should be hired as a football scout for Chelsea to find talents, that´s all. As a manager, he is a failure for 8 years.

Who would I prefer, you asked ? I honestly, do not know at the moment.

Just one small question, if I may. Would you be willing to send me 5000 € but don´t ask me anything how I am going to spend it, invest it. I will let you know later, how my investment is doing.

???

It's one think 'mending a relationship' when you've gone separate ways but it's different when you start working with one another and have that first disagreement. It's too easy to drag up old shit.

Guardiola is a world-class man manager from everything I've read about him, and he'd be comfortable working in the current structure we have in place. That is preferable to pulling down everything we've put in place and letting Mourinho have total control. Personally I don't know if that chimes well with what we've got regarding the academy and our transfer system.

I guess only time will tell. I just don't want to risk getting another dud. Who knows, he may turn out to be an amazing manager, but on the other hand, he could be another 6 month wonder.. At least we know what we'll be getting with Jose.

The Sun? :blink:

He was set for City a month ago. He was set for Chelsea a week ago. He's set for City again.

Expect a lot of this media bullshit over the following months.

I'd take Wenger here in a heartbeat. He has no money to spend and a squad with about 2 class player and still has them in the conversation every year.

Imagine what he could do with our squad and resources.

The Sun? :blink:

He was set for City a month ago. He was set for Chelsea a week ago. He's set for City again.

Expect a lot of this media bullshit over the following months.

Theres never much else in the media. B)

However I dont think its a coincidence Man City now have 3 ex-Barca men on the board

Posté le 13 janvier 2013 à 17:49:34 !

Interrogé par le Daily Mail sur un possible avenir pour Pep Guardiola en Premier League, Arsène Wenger, décidément très inspiré, s'est lancé dans une comparaison culinaire pour qualifier le début de carrière du technicien espagnol.

«Guardiola a commencé sa carrière avec du caviar en ayant à sa disposition tous ces footballeurs de classe mondiale. Il en aura aussi à Chelsea, c'est un bon ingrédient pour trouver de nouveau le chemin du succès», a lancé l'entraineur d'Arsenal.

Précisant sa pensée, le technicien français des Gunners a ajouté : «Tout dépend de la qualité des joueurs. Barcelone compte aujourd'hui 16 points d'avance sur le Real Madrid donc ils ont une équipe exceptionnelle. Guardiola est un grand entraîneur, mais c'est aussi le cas de Benitez qui est en poste actuellement.» (Photo Presse-Sports)

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2013/01/13/173918_wenger-et-le-caviar-de-guardiola.html

Wenger speaks about Guardiola at Chelsea.

One season without a trophy shouldn't have been a reason to sack him. He was undermined by sacking of Wilkins and death of his father. As soon as we get rid of the player power problem in the squad, we will get a manager for a longer term than we have so far.

It all has been discussed before, but the problem wasnt "a season without trophy", but how he failed to use players from academy, like when he used Paulo Ferreira as CB instead of using Bruma against a small club in a Premier League game, or how he failed to find a solution when some players were injured, or how he failed to give United a game in UCL quarter finals, and in his last days he was more concerned about how to use Torres and Drogba together than anything.

He was like Mancini, a guy that can win a PL playing a nice football but is not the right man to make a club go forward.

To be honest if there is one team in the world that I dont see Guardiola at, is Manchester City. Why he would choose City, instead of an italian giant like Milan or a team like Bayern? I dont see a point in snubbing Chelsea for City.

Anyway, Guardiola is living in New York City, The Sun is from UK, and they have a top source is Spanish football. Nice.

To be honest if there is one team in the world that I dont see Guardiola at, is Manchester City. Why he would choose City, instead of an italian giant like Milan or a team like Bayern? I dont see a point in snubbing Chelsea for City.

Anyway, Guardiola is living in New York City, The Sun is from UK, and they have a top source is Spanish football. Nice.

The Sun is owned by someone who lives in NYC. Why would he choose City above an ''Italian giant''.?

Lots of money for one, 3 ex-Barca men on Man Citys board for another, and unlimited transfer funds for another reason. Theres also the small detail of being left to manage without some owner interfering and getting the sack three months down the line. But if you see them as the ''one team in the World '' that he wont go to' thats fine., I personally doubt he'd consider Crewe. Arent football forums great ?

The Sun is owned by someone who lives in NYC. Why would he choose City above an ''Italian giant''.?

Lots of money for one, 3 ex-Barca men on Man Citys board for another, and unlimited transfer funds for another reason. Theres also the small detail of being left to manage without some owner interfering and getting the sack three months down the line. But if you see them as the ''one team in the World '' that he wont go to' thats fine., I personally doubt he'd consider Crewe. Arent football forums great ?

Can you imagine? I'd have a great deal of respect for a top manager who went to a poor club because he wanted a real challenge. They don't because they know that there are only 10 teams in the world that even have a chance to win anything important with any regularity. If they go anywhere else, they simply will not win and therefore will not be considered top managers. Managers like Rafa or Mourinho are smart. They won't take jobs somewhere anywhere except at those 10 teams.

It all has been discussed before, but the problem wasnt "a season without trophy", but how he failed to use players from academy, like when he used Paulo Ferreira as CB instead of using Bruma against a small club in a Premier League game, or how he failed to find a solution when some players were injured, or how he failed to give United a game in UCL quarter finals, and in his last days he was more concerned about how to use Torres and Drogba together than anything.

He was like Mancini, a guy that can win a PL playing a nice football but is not the right man to make a club go forward.

Playing youngsters has never been an issue for sacking. Must have been the UCL game and results, hence the trophies. Damn shame really. (He maintained a very good win percentage during his 2 year reign - 61,47%, Mourinho and Hiddink have higher, but keep in mind Hiddink was in charge for only like 20 matches)

They are great, but sometimes you read some really dumb things, like your Crewe example, because only a 10 years child would understand what I mean. yeah, The Sun is owned by someone who lives in NYC, but I'm not sure if the owner has something to do with the top source in Spanish football, and I dont think the owner (Murdoch, a 81 years old australian guy), who lives in NYC as you said, even know who Guardiola is.

Oh, you just forgot that City sacked Mark Hughes few months after he was appointed, and Mancini just won PL last season, how can they sack the manager that gave them their first really major trophy after so many years? People said that about Carlo, didnt they.

A football club is made by hundreds of people, so I really dont think 3 ex-Barca men will have anything to do with Guardiola's decision. Yeah, football forums are great. Really great.

Can you imagine? I'd have a great deal of respect for a top manager who went to a poor club because he wanted a real challenge. They don't because they know that there are only 10 teams in the world that even have a chance to win anything important with any regularity. If they go anywhere else, they simply will not win and therefore will not be considered top managers. Managers like Rafa or Mourinho are smart. They won't take jobs somewhere anywhere except at those 10 teams.

This will never happen, you need background to be able to do a great job (money to be more specific). It is not about being smart, it is about creating a name. Then, the good job opportunities will come. You talk like their only quality is chosing where to manage, like if doing so they are automatically winners.

There is a lot of hard work in it too. Also, they are not smart in what they do, everyone would do the same. The difference is that they have climbed their way up (without resources at first) and now they can comfortably choose the best option.

You talk like Mourinho is a winner because he knows how to choose where to go and Harry Redknapp isnt because he doesnt. It is not like this! Harry would have gone to Real or Chelsea if we was offered such jobs, but he wasnt and Jose and Rafa were...