Chelsea 2-0 Dortmund (Aggregate 2-1)

James

6 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Think the crowd will be up for this, but not sure if the players will be.

Tie isn't over and it will be tough- fancy us 2-0

We should be more resistant to the counter attack if Potter sets the team up properly this time, we have a really good group of fast defenders in the squad now.

On 04/03/2023 at 18:37, Special Juan said:

DO NOT PLAY STERLING HE IS FUCKING SHITE

For me, he has to play as we need to be quick on the atatck and need fast attackers to attack their fullbacks who like to get forward. I would prefer him playing on the left as well rather than the right. We don't play to his strengths at all when he is on the right.

He will defo be starting anyway:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/article/potter-keen-to-unleash-sterling-on-dortmund

Do wonder how we line up at the back since Badiashile is out. Can’t recall if Trev has ever played on the left of a back 3 and to play him in an unfamiliar position for the biggest game of our season when he hasn’t played much lately seems unwise. So I wonder if we just slide KK over to the left where he has played a lot, have Fofana in the center, and Trev on the right. Or if we just revert to a back 4 again.

What I’m most concerned about is the nerves our players will have knowing that if Dortmund score first and early in the match the tie might be over since we’re so incredibly goal shy. It’s absolutely imperative that we score first and make them start to sweat.

Hope Mudryk starts this one. I would drop Kai and play Felix as the false 9 with Mudryk & Sterling either side. We need pace and directness. 

3 minutes ago, Strike said:

Why will Chilwell not continue at LWB?

Its just the kind of thing we've seen Potter do over and over, rotate for the sake of it and play wingers in those positions while claiming it is not really a wingback position so they shouldn't complain etc (as he did with Sterling).

On 05/03/2023 at 00:07, Special Juan said:

Our sharpest attacker vs Tottenham and looks very much nailed on to start here. I'd play him over Mudryk for sure  

On 04/03/2023 at 18:37, Special Juan said:

Give him 10 minutes,we will know then if he is going to be shit again.. run into a crowd of people, fall over, complain and get up later, without trying to get the ball back