Chelsea 2-0 Dortmund (Aggregate 2-1)

James

8 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I'll have to give credit to Potter for at least sticking to his guns here.

He has been adamant about having a false 9 for a while now, as opposed to having a traditional CF. Even if Havertz isn't the solution, it's at least consistent with his plan. Which says a lot, because he keeps chopping and changing everything else.

13 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Well he is desperate for goals but we will have to get players touching the ball in the box first to even draw potential fouls…..

4 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I'll have to give credit to Potter for at least sticking to his guns here.

He has been adamant about having a false 9 for a while now, as opposed to having a traditional CF. Even if Havertz isn't the solution, it's at least consistent with his plan. Which says a lot, because he keeps chopping and changing everything else.

True. Not only that, Havertz has been pretty consistent….. consistently shit for about 14-16 months now. I mean Kai really does bring a new meaning to the term false 9, to the point he is that much of one, its like playing with 10 men. 

Hopefully GP gets the bullet before the end of the season/at the end of the season though. Sick to death of him and whatever he is trying to achieve, he can stick to his guns all he wants but this group has regressed even worse than anybody would of surely thought possible at the beginning of the season and he’s been here for 3/4s of the worst performances.

Probably putting my neck on the line saying this but surely one of the worst worst managerial appointments any big club in England has made in the past 25 years. So out of his depth. I mean anybody thinking this spineless, personalityless man is turning us into a top team in the next 2,3 or 4 seasons are fucking delusional. Simple as that. Boehly & co included.

Edited by OneMoSalah

1 hour ago, Nero said:

FqkJf8rWIAI_Zjz?format=jpg&name=900x900

Mudryk at LWB and Cucurella LCB? Oh boy.  

Honestly not sure of what logic is behind playing Mudryk at LWB but it does seem like people have a hard on for shoehorning him in the team/playing him from the start when he’s done fuck all bar a cameo v Liverpool.

I mean he did get a run of starts and looked off the pace, resulting in behind subbed in basically all of them IIRC. He didn’t have much impact in the previous game v Dortmund either bar maybe one half decent moment.

Edited by OneMoSalah

Probably gonna go back to our drawing/losing ways for this one. Especially considering Dortmund are in one of the best forms in whole Europe - 11 wins in a row. We are in one of the worst. We are missing Silva and Badiashile, will most likely concede at least 1 and that's game over.

So yeah, I don't have high hopes for this game. I would however take consolation if Potter got sacked after this.

Edited by manpe

3 hours ago, manpe said:

Probably gonna go back to our drawing/losing ways for this one. Especially considering Dortmund are in one of the best forms in whole Europe - 11 wins in a row. We are in one of the worst. We are missing Silva and Badiashile, will most likely concede at least 1 and that's game over.

So yeah, I don't have high hopes for this game. I would however take consolation if Potter got sacked after this.

Every run must come to an end. I think their good run ends tonight, while our bad run ends for good too. 

When you are a top club with such great players like we have, sooner or later things start going your way once again. 

I strongly believe that tonight is the night this happens for us. 

If we lose Potter is sacked, needs to give himself a chance by dumping the useless Havertz (but he wont)

i would pick

KEPA

AZPI,  FOFANA,  KK

JAMES,  KOVA,  ENZO,  CHILLY

MUDRYK,  STERLING,  FELIX  

Boehly is a hard read. After the win he was asked about the win and his reaction was, "It is a result". It was not a lot of enthusiasm about the win, almost like the result interfered with his plans. Perhaps I am reading too much into what he said and how he said it?

6 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Boehly is a hard read. After the win he was asked about the win and his reaction was, "It is a result". It was not a lot of enthusiasm about the win, almost like the result interfered with his plans. Perhaps I am reading too much into what he said and how he said it?

yes a little bit 

2 hours ago, Cosmin said:

Every run must come to an end. I think their good run ends tonight, while our bad run ends for good too. 

When you are a top club with such great players like we have, sooner or later things start going your way once again. 

I strongly believe that tonight is the night this happens for us. 

Who are those "great" players you're referring to? Silva is out, Kante too probably... struggling to name anyone else.

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

Should have just sacked him already then. Useless owner 

2 hours ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

It was just a straight-forward answer about another below-par performance.

He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.  

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Who are those "great" players you're referring to? Silva is out, Kante too probably... struggling to name anyone else.

James comes to mind.

Aside from them, the term "great" player is generally a reference to those that possess some talent, aka Felix, Havertz, etc.

Edited by LAM09

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

We clearly have plenty of better players than what they have. Koulibaly, Fofana, Reece, Chilwell, Enzo, Felix, Sterling are great players. Just like Chelsea is clearly the better team between these two and it was only an accident that we didn't get a good result in the first leg.

We just need to make things click for once and I am confident that it will happen tonight. I understand using form as an argument, but the overall quality of our squad is clearly way above Borussia Dortmund's, with all due respect. 

38 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

We clearly have plenty of better players than what they have. Koulibaly, Fofana, Reece, Chilwell, Enzo, Felix, Sterling are great players. Just like Chelsea is clearly the better team between these two and it was only an accident that we didn't get a good result in the first leg.

We just need to make things click for once and I am confident that it will happen tonight. I understand using form as an argument, but the overall quality of our squad is clearly way above Borussia Dortmund's, with all due respect. 

The names you mentioned have yet to show anything resembling greatness for Chelsea this season. Squad quality on paper means jack shit, just ask all the lesser teams we've lost to/drawn with this season. If we somehow go through this round I'll be most pleasantly shocked.