Chelsea 2 - 2 Tottenham

Couple of things. The Havertz foul before the Spurs goal took place 40+ seconds before the actual goal and even if Romero was sent off for violent conduct, the game would restart with a Spurs corner and they'd just have one man less in the box. The Richarlison offside could have been given but that's more of a VAR call and not Taylor alone. Tuchel has to look within at some point this week whenever he is calmer.

4 minutes ago, Strike said:

Couple of things. The Havertz foul before the Spurs goal took place 40+ seconds before the actual goal and even if Romero was sent off for violent conduct, the game would restart with a Spurs corner and they'd just have one man less in the box. The Richarlison offside could have been given but that's more of a VAR call and not Taylor alone. Tuchel has to look within at some point this week whenever he is calmer.

DERMOT SAYS: As soon as I saw it, I said, 'I think he is going to get a red card here, he's pulled him down by the hair'. I anticipated the VAR sending Anthony Taylor to the screen. I know for a fact that if Anthony had been sent to the screen, he would have given a red card and a free-kick to Chelsea.

24 minutes ago, Strike said:

Well I'm not calm yet and I'm a waaaaay calmer bloke than TT. Based on how I'm feeling it'll be 2027 before the manager is back on an even keel.

On 15/08/2022 at 06:17, Fulham Broadway said:

Mike -'the cunt'- Dean and Anthony 'easily bribed' Taylor, even with the hindsight of VAR, let Romero get away with violent conduct  on Cucurella with their own obvious agenda to let Sp*rs equalise.

Robert Huth got a 3 match retrospective ban for pulling Fellainis hair -that was before VAR. Let's see what happens -though probably fuck all

I've got to get out of this thread. My blood pressure can't take this. Every post I read makes me want to open a catering size can of baked beans with a hammer. Only way to avoid giving that foul is if you are determined to cheat. No possible other way.

Edited by OhForAGreavsie

1 hour ago, Strike said:

The problem is the complete lack of consistency with how the rules are used. Last season we had a goal disallowed against Southampton for a 'foul' by Azpilicueta (which itself seemed soft) and this was longer than the 40 odd seconds this one was. Similarly there's arguments over phases of play but again referring back to the Southampton goal, the ball pinged in and out of the box a couple of times before we scored. Yes we won the ball back in the Spurs goal but the ball hasn't cleared our box so these arguments over phases of play and the defensive team being able to reset are again dubious.

I'm actually more angry to be honest though with the offside call. It's clear as day that Mendy is looking around Richarlison and the ball ends up going the other side of him. Richarlison even moves towards the ball too. I guarantee you there will be a similar incident at some stage and the goal won't stand.

And then moving on to the second goal, again the rules are such a grey area. You can't reverse decisions like corners once play has restarted. But play hasn't restarted when they look at the Romero incident so as far as I'm aware if they had made the decision that they should have, it would have resulted in a free kick to Chelsea not a corner to Spurs. 

The decision to defend the officials and not charge Romero post match quite literally sums up the state of the game. The argument that it isn't in the rule book is a complete cop out when they set a precedent previously for banning Robert Huth for pulling Fellaini's hair. There's a reason most women go for the hair when they get into a scrap - it's because they know just how much it bloody hurts! When it's done as aggressively as that, it's no different to an elbow or headbutt in my opinion.

Anthony Taylor is useless and no matter what people want to think, the sheer volume of inept decisions he's made against us over the last few years which have directly contributed to us not winning games justifies our position with him. But Sunday's game also highlighted wider problems with the referees in this country.

They're far too protected and insulated. I get they can make mistakes like anybody can but there's no accountability which is what frustrates everyone. Too many rules are far too open to interpretation which in my opinion also doesn't help matters and just adds to the inconsistency of decisions, only compounded when you feel your club has had decisions go against them across both sides of the fence. Because of the levels of protection, the referee contingent are essentially there own little fraternity nowadays. This becomes an issue for VAR I feel as referees seem too afraid to call each other up on mistakes. Whether we like it or not, the future of the game in terms of refereeing is through VAR and in my opinion for it to work at it's most effective and efficient manner, the VAR officials should be trained and brought through independent from the match going referees. 

Edited by Superblue_1986

16 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

The Premier League on behalf of Chelsea Football Club are launching an independent refereeing panel due to what happened yesterday and the string of events of Taylor officiating Chelsea matches. 

Watch nothing come to this. 

it won’t, the FA is full of spineless cowards with an agenda. Fuck them

3 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

They're far too protected and insulated.

This is important - it means they can act as agents for the governing bodies to create 'controversy', in order to make the game 'more exciting'  (as with F1 last season) and its all about creating revenue. TV revenue. They need to be accountable to US. We create the game. So that's why we must speak out, and complain whenever possible. 

As far as I can see Taylor and Dean were culpable of causing the red cards, the yellows just through complete ineptitude or cheating. Pure provocation. Its a dangerous road to go down as we've seen with bent refs in South America, Italy - deaths and violent disorder can ensue.

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

This is important - it means they can act as agents for the governing bodies to create 'controversy', in order to make the game 'more exciting'  (as with F1 last season) and its all about creating revenue. TV revenue. They need to be accountable to US. We create the game. So that's why we must speak out, and complain whenever possible. 

As far as I can see Taylor and Dean were culpable of causing the red cards, the yellows just through complete ineptitude or cheating. Pure provocation. Its a dangerous road to go down as we've seen with bent refs in South America, Italy - deaths and violent disorder can ensue.

It's pretty disgraceful that when this came out, it barely made a ripple. If what Mark Halsey has said is true, then it should be thoroughly investigated and the PGMOL need to be held accountable.

12 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Mike Dean punished for the VAR decision on Cucurella.

Mike Dean punished by Premier League amid Anthony Taylor and VAR Chelsea vs Tottenham criticism

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/football/mike-dean-punished-by-premier-league-amid-anthony-taylor-and-var-Chelsea-vs-tottenham-criticism/ar-AA10J12z

3 minutes ago, Vesper said:

So some other teams will now benefit for a week or two without his ineptitude, what a result then for Chelsea.

Doesn't give us the two points back, but hopefully goes some way to the FA admitting the game was a monumental cluster fuck from the officials and might mean they're a little more lenient on Tuchel. Probably wishful thinking but they should do something to placate our club.

3 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

So some other teams will now benefit for a week or two without his ineptitude, what a result then for Chelsea.

Doesn't give us the two points back, but hopefully goes some way to the FA admitting the game was a monumental cluster fuck from the officials and might mean they're a little more lenient on Tuchel. Probably wishful thinking but they should do something to placate our club.

PGMOL would qualify in the US for prosecution under RICO statutes

The Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) of 1970 seeks to strengthen the legal tools in evidence gathering by establishing new penal prohibitions and providing enhanced sanctions and new remedies for dealing with the unlawful activities of those engaged in organized crime.

19 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

where you saw it?

Premier League introduces new independent panel to review key refereeing decisions... with Anthony Taylor's performance in Chelsea's draw against Tottenham which left Thomas Tuchel FUMING to be looked at this week

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11113589/Premier-League-introduce-independent-panel-review-key-refereeing-decisions.html

25 minutes ago, Vesper said:

brilliant:

lmao at James with the dont shoot sign to Sterling, Cucurella getting his hair pulled, Tuchel putting glue in his hand 🤣

Edited by Johnnyeye