Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Presnel Kimpembe, who interests Chelsea, questions his status at PSG

Competition with Sergio Ramos, Chelsea's interest: PSG defender Presnel Kimpembe, who resumes training this Saturday, is advancing towards an intense period.

https://www.lequipe.fr/Football/Article/Presnel-kimpembe-qui-interesse-Chelsea-s-interroge-sur-son-statut-au-psg/1272167

2 hours ago, Jas said:

Am sure we'll sign someone, a midfielder at the very least.

Why do that when we’ve got the mighty Ross Barkley? Or RLC?

Or so the club may be thinking… 😬

2 hours ago, iceboy said:

If we pay around 150mE for Haaland and they don't accept than fuck off.

Yes, then I can say okay … we have to look for other alternatives. But let us try to sign Haaland and if Dortmund still busy playing that adamant role then FUCK OFF

5 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

For me the biggest and most important signing has already been made and that's Tuchel. Having one of the world's top coaches working with and developing this squad, particularly the younger element, can only be a positive.

As long as the squad don't completely drop off a cliff, or he falls out with the board, I honestly think he will be given time and opportunity to put a stamp on this team which like Jose's first stint could leave his finger prints on the squad beyond his tenure.

If we don't make any big signings I think we'll still be more competitive than last season regardless. Whether we have enough to kick on and mount a genuine title challenge will depend on the attack improving. There's a very real possibility that we see significant improvements in Werner and Havertz numbers next season - they have produced them before. Pulisic scored 9 in the league his first season too compared to 4 last. If a couple of these happen we'll have a great chance as I don't see us conceding many.

It should be noted that even signing Haaland is no guarantee. Its probably as close as you can hope but let's be real, our track record of spending big money on strikers isn't the best. Even going back before Roman I can remember spending at the time big money in the 90's on the likes of Sutton, Casiraghi, Furlong and Fleck. I don't know the numbers off the top of my head but there's probably no more than 20 goals there for about £20m of money spent.

Not to mention Tuchel seems very content, I know the training videos are very small sample size but this time in 2017 we were already starting to see/hear about ominous tell tale signs with Conte.

I think the crucial difference between Mou/Conte and himself at previous clubs is he loves the squad he inherited here, and what's looking like a world class or bust approach to the market (what we should have done in 2017) seems to back that up further. 

17 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Not to mention Tuchel seems very content, I know the training videos are very small sample size but this time in 2017 we were already starting to see/hear about ominous tell tale signs with Conte.

I think the crucial difference between Mou/Conte and himself at previous clubs is he loves the squad he inherited here, and what's looking like a world class or bust approach to the market (what we should have done in 2017) seems to back that up further. 

Tuchel is probably just happy that he doesn't have to deal with massive egos and play politics here like he had to with Neymar, Mbappe etc at PSG. 

@Vesperwould Jonathan David from Lillie be a decent alternative to Haaland?

I must admit this is a lazy suggestion as I've just faced him in career mode he's playing for City (five season's deep) and he's developed into a world class striker so I'm deferring to you for an opinion on him in reality.

His goal record (so far) is a bit meh but if he's leading the line for the Champions in France he must have something about him.

Edited by Tomo

Just now, Tomo said:

@Vesperwould Jonathan David from Lillie be a decent alternative to Haaland?

I must admit this is a lazy suggestion as I've just faced him in career mode for City (five season's deep) and he's developed into a world class striker so I'm deferring to you for an opinion on him in reality.

His goal record (so far) is a bit meh but if he's leading the line for the Champions in France he must have something about him.

he was one of those I said I would wait another year for, to see if he kicks on, BUT if he is cheap and we swing and miss on all the main targets, sure, I would not be upset at all

huge upside to the lad

Griezmann would be an amazing fallback option if Haaland is impossible. Really hope there’s some truth to those rumors.

I believe he’d mesh extremely well with our playing style and personnel. Can link midfield and attack by dropping deeper to receive the ball, can score worldies from outside the box or be a poacher within it, can score direct from free kicks, and can also dribble past defenders. He’s also unpredictable in his positioning to keep opposing teams on their toes.

A Kovacic style loan with buy option would be perfect. He kills it here and we keep him, he doesn’t and we do what we did with Higuain and send him in his way with little fuss.

3 hours ago, Tomo said:

Is Tuchel really content though?

He already made post-season comments about needing to bring in new talent to challenge the squad., and bring in new ideas.

He might not complain now, but if we don't sign anyone significant now and the season starts going sideways, he could very well change his tune then.