Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

12 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

either get someone like Haaland or don't break what we have.

Inclined to agree with that but how willing are the club and Tuchel as well as Abraham to reconcile with one another? Hardly a secret that they've been shopping him around. Wonder if it's better to maybe get a non-expensive backup that Tuchel rates as opposed to one that he doesn't.

18 minutes ago, Blue Armour said:

I dont think it's really about having a striker, but about having a consistent goal threat. If we had someone even from midfield filling that description, we would be in a better position.

No one from our team meets that description.

Yet.

Bingo. City have Gündogan, Sterling, Mahrez, KDB, etc who all chip in with decent goal hauls. Liverpool have had the two-headed monster who each scored for fun over the past few seasons.

We get ZERO goal contributions from any of our 3 CM’s, Mount doesn’t score often, and our wingers were all subpar last season.

12 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Bingo. City have Gündogan, Sterling, Mahrez, KDB, etc who all chip in with decent goal hauls. Liverpool have had the two-headed monster who each scored for fun over the past few seasons.

We get ZERO goal contributions from any of our 3 CM’s, Mount doesn’t score often, and our wingers were all subpar last season.

If Werner and Havertz both score 20 each this season, we will laugh even if we don't get Haaland. 

2 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

I dont think it's really about having a striker, but about having a consistent goal threat. If we had someone even from midfield filling that description, we would be in a better position.

No one from our team meets that description.

Yet.

We all hope the newcomers improve in that regard. In theory we should have plenty of goals between Pulisic, Werner, kai, and Mount. 

I also agree with @Jas that maybe Abraham ain't gonna cut it when Tuchel would like to switch gears during a game and have a striker presence up front (he does not quite provide that atm like Giroud did).

My concern is that a player like Lewa would not come to sit on the bench, which would definitely change the way we play. And the question remains, do we really want to change the way we play?

Edited by robsblubot

2 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Looks as if Kane made the announcement during his brothers wedding. Even revealed his wage. 

160m fee and 400k per week. That is 260m for 5 years or 52m pounds per season. Plus some agent fee I imagine. For 28 years old player who averages 3 injuries per season too risky.

And it looks like Spurs are already spending that money. Gil, Romero and Gollini close to 100m euros.

I have this sneaking suspicion that Kane will be a mistake of a signing for them within a couple of years. I predict he’ll continue to get injured again and again.

Glad they’re fixated in him instead of Haaland. 

I think January would be great moment to buy Haaland.  Assuming Dortmund results go expected and they are out of title race in Bundesliga in January but comfy in top4 (and they should), plus maybe out of CL or draw one of the top European clubs in last 16 phase. Bundesliga have 18 teams so at half season if we offer something like 120m that should do it because Dortmund would choose 45m profit over having Haaland for 20 not so important games.

Am I missing something? How exactly are our chances good if we don’t get Haaland this summer? What’s stopping Bayern, PSG, Liverpool, Juventus, United, or any other club from going after Haaland at a marked down value next January/summer? 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

8 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Am I missing something? How exactly are our chances good if we don’t get Haaland this summer? What’s stopping Bayern, PSG, Liverpool, Juventus, United, or any other club from going after Haaland at a marked down value next January/summer? 

that's my point

its now or never

51 minutes ago, Hermione said:

It's better for us to stay put and wait for Haaland next season if nothing happens now, Real will focus on Mbappe, City will get Kane, Barcelona is broke, United might not be able to spend that much on him with the Glazzers in charge, so we will have a very good chance to pull it off.

Bayern could easily step in for a proven replacement for Lewandowski. It really is, this summer or bust.

Edited by LAM09

Matt Law reported before EURO that Haaland is interested in move to Chelsea. Why are some people acting like we are Spurs or Arsenal or some small club? 

Next summer, nothing changes for us. I mean, what is this logic? If he has preferred team why would he move now to Chelsea and not wait for that team next season?

I am Chelsea fan for example, and Chelsea tells me we can buy you next summer, I would wait ofc, why would I go to other team? One year is nothing.

And yes. Bundesliga and Ligue 1 are out. Too small. No one can pay him in Seria A. Barca and Real are in shit financially and Real will buy Mbappe.

City out after Kane. Liverpool never gives big money, I mean they did not want to pay for Werner... After Sancho cant see UTD paying that much again and even if they are in race I would fancy our chances vs them for any player! London plays big part vs Liverpool and Manchester. And lets not ignore the fact that Chelsea have most exciting squad and project.

Also transfer will still be huge! Raiola 30m at least, Haaland and his father, 350-400k salary plus bonus on hands...  Roman wants him badly and this is all I need to know.

Edited by NikkiCFC