Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

24 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Does Silva speak English? If he does then this transfer appeals even more if we plan to give Ampadu or even Mbuyamba significant minutes.

I cannot find any examples of him speaking English, but he speaks fluent Portuguese (obviously) French, Italian, and Spanish, so would not shock me is he can speak a bit of English, he is very much a euro-loving Brasilian, not a 'omg, I miss the motherland' type

8 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Is Mbuyamba first team ready or is he one to loan out? 

loan for sure I would think Vitesse would be the first choice, as he is Dutch, but maybe he might go to a Championship side

Brentford maybe, as then he would still be in the London area and can adapt faster.

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

https://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/fi-ita

classic Tuscan villa

strada statale Stia-Londa
Dicomano, Florence,
Italy

Gallery media itemGallery media itemGallery media item

or

Via Dei Massoni
Firenze, Florence, Italy

or

modern flat

Via Dei Della Robbia
Firenze, Florence, Italy

Ah Tuscany :wub:

You are killing me here. 

2 hours ago, Vesper said:

We still have this guy on books?

Jesus when people say we havent been spending that much in recent years...infact we spent it alot, but mostly on crap and average players...

16 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

We still have this guy on books?

Jesus when people say we havent been spending that much in recent years...infact we spent it alot, but mostly on crap and average players...

even at bargain basement cut rate deals there is FAR more than £350m on this list

Andreas Christensen (he has GOT to go and be upgraded upon, I would prefer both he and Zouma be sold, but that is probably not happening in one window unless we get 2 incredible buy deals tossed into our laps, which is so unlikely) I just do not see what Lamps sees in our 4 main CB's, they (and Kepa) make my tummy churn every game. Even Alonso has not done that for ages (I have been happy with his pay overall, except for that West Ham choke, arrrrffff).
Ross Barkley (if we can get say £30m, even 35m (he is English and is only 26 and is in his prime) for him, he will never be worth more (well COVID maybe lowers that a bit, but not much) 
Tiemoué Bakayoko  
Emerson
Michy Batshuayi
Davide Zappacosta
Danny Drinkwater  (SMDH)
Jorginho 
 (so hoping Roma buys him)
Abdul Rahman Baba
Victor Moses    
Kenedy   
Marco van Ginkel
Juan Familia-Castillo
 (as Ajax did not exercise their option to buy, or keep him and see if he can ever be a decent LB, which looks doubtful atm, based off my watching him in Holland)
Nathan (sold for almost £3m)
Charly Musonda Jr.    
Danilo Pantic  (transferred on a free, BUT we get a cut of his next sale)
Matt Miazga    
Lewis Baker   
Jamal Blackman
Lucas Piazón 
Jake Clarke-Salter
Izzy Brown  bloody loaned him out AGAIN
Josh Grant (released)   
Richard Nartey (released)
Luke McCormick    
Jacob Maddox   

We could sell 

Kepa    (not likely, especially due to crazy wages for the next 5 years and his £72m transfer fee, ie. how much are we willing to lose of that overall)
Zouma (iAC first, then Zouma I would think/hope)
Marcos Alonso (only if we buy two LB's which is not likely this window, I am oki with him as a the backup as he is curve ball option in certain types of games)   
N'Golo Kanté    
(only way I see him being sold is if we get Rice and a really HIGH offer comes in. Here is a reality check either way: he is injured far too often and his value has already plummeted and truly will plummet after this summer. It is complicated, and made further complicated by the fact he is NOWHERE near WC as an RMF in a 3 man MF, he simply is not that great there, other than an odd game here and there, Lampard jacked up the team forcing him back in too early)

plus when Boga is sold, we get nice sell on fee

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

I cannot find any examples of him speaking English, but he speaks fluent Portuguese (obviously) French, Italian, and Spanish, so would not shock me is he can speak a bit of English, he is very much a euro-loving Brasilian, not a 'omg, I miss the motherland' type

Is he pushing for London? Otherwise I don't see him coming

5 hours ago, Vesper said:

loan for sure I would think Vitesse would be the first choice, as he is Dutch, but maybe he might go to a Championship side

Brentford maybe, as then he would still be in the London area and can adapt faster.

think the plan is to keep him in the developmental squad and assess him first 

9 hours ago, El P. said:

First, I mentioned that because someone else said that if we don't get Havertz, Aouar could be an option. Secondly, we are in a need of more productive midfielders (along with defenders and keeper) so I don't understand why would we spend money on Aouar. We are already filled with midfielders with lousy production rate, why get another one?

Do we need midfielder who add number or who can defend? 

On 8/20/2020 at 7:29 AM, NikkiCFC said:

I hope this is how we will look in August 2021. And I think it is realistic.

Havertz and Chilwell are just days away from Chelsea so by the end of August we will have 7 of these players.

How to get 4 others? 

Rice is going to be a Chelsea player in the future this is pretty clear. But we cannot get them all this summer and I think he is not a priority at the moment so leave him for next summer.

Upamecano 42m euros release clause next summer is no brainer. Yes, other top clubs will be all over him but we are having very exciting project and Timo can help with this transfer?

And Gimenez and Oblak left. Get one this summer and the other one next one. After Kai and Ben we will have full September to go for one of them. Contact with Oblak clearly exist and Gimenez just flirted with us :wub:

So we have to be patient to make this amazing team and we would have to accept that next season we would still have some big holes in the team. But Kova can still do a job in Rice position and Zouma/Rudi can be solid sometimes.

It is essential that we do not go and buy some players this summer just because we need someone for that position. Like Onana or Pope for 30-40m, Dunk or White for big price or something like that. This would stop us to make this team in 12 months.

But who fits the profile? Thiago Silva, yes, he is perfect for us in this moment. Take him for a year and go for our boys next summer.

So I would go for Oblak now and leave Gimenez, Upamecano and Rice for next summer.

Oblak, Chilwell, Thiago Silva, Rudi/Zouma, Azpi/James, Kante, Kovacic, Havertz, Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner for next season can still be awesome. In the summer of 2021 we will just do the finishing touches to make this perfect team.

And I must say I am open to sell Kante and to go with other options.

lineup.png

That will cost north of 400 m. Not realistic unless you can sell Jorginho, kepa for crazy money, again not realistic. 

Summary:

Lampard really wants Declan Rice for his personality as well as talent, rare that someone so young has the natural authority to captain a PL team. However, he cannot be signed for the quoted 80m figure without additional player sales.

Talks have been held with Brighton over Lewis Dunk who is a natural leader that would help with defending crosses and set pieces.

Dunk has an understanding with BHA that he can leave if an acceptable offer is received from a top6 club, but what that offer needs to be isn't very clear. At this stage a deal is still unlikely (as talks were very preliminary) and it would be cheaper to sign Ben White instead but he is totally unproven in the PL.

Thiago Silva has been offered to Chelsea but it would be a surprising deal for Chelsea to do because he would be the oldest outfield signing of the Roman Abramovich era.

His lack of speed at this stage of his career would make him ill suited for playing in Lampard's high pressing system. Unai Emery blamed him for dropping too deep in the infamous 6-1 defeat to Barcelona because he feared his athletic limitations would be exposed.

Silva has leadership credentials but he has tasted failures both for the national team (World Cup 2014) and multiple Champions League runs where he wasn't exactly a source of inspiration.

Chelsea know they need a centre back and will push for Rice but might turn attentions elsewhere if a deal isn't possible.

1 hour ago, Blues Forever said:

Summary:

Lampard really wants Declan Rice for his personality as well as talent, rare that someone so young has the natural authority to captain a PL team. However, he cannot be signed for the quoted 80m figure without additional player sales.

Talks have been held with Brighton over Lewis Dunk who is a natural leader that would help with defending crosses and set pieces.

Dunk has an understanding with BHA that he can leave if an acceptable offer is received from a top6 club, but what that offer needs to be isn't very clear. At this stage a deal is still unlikely (as talks were very preliminary) and it would be cheaper to sign Ben White instead but he is totally unproven in the PL.

Thiago Silva has been offered to Chelsea but it would be a surprising deal for Chelsea to do because he would be the oldest outfield signing of the Roman Abramovich era.

His lack of speed at this stage of his career would make him ill suited for playing in Lampard's high pressing system. Unai Emery blamed him for dropping too deep in the infamous 6-1 defeat to Barcelona because he feared his athletic limitations would be exposed.

Silva has leadership credentials but he has tasted failures both for the national team (World Cup 2014) and multiple Champions League runs where he wasn't exactly a source of inspiration.

Chelsea know they need a centre back and will push for Rice but might turn attentions elsewhere if a deal isn't possible.

Thiago at 36 is no slower than Dunk. And miles better defender and leader. 

2 minutes ago, Atomiswave said:

Dunk would be such a waste of money, you could get Upamecano for 20 more.

Upamecano is not moving this year, isn't that obvious after he just signed a new contract? Will be available next year due to release clause activating in 2021 but if he has another good season there will be plenty of competition for his signature and I think Bayern will be all over him to replace Boateng. 

The only way I'd get Dunk if he was available for around the same price Zouma would sell for (assuming someone wants him). Not much between them in ability but I think Dunk would be better on the ball than Zouma so he could fit the playing style better. And for club finances it would allow a little bit more wiggle room for this financial year, because Zouma sale would be pure profit (his fee from 2014 has already been fully amortised) and Dunk's fee would be divided for the contract length so for the 20/21 books it would show up as a significant income boost, which could be good because of covid-circumstances. Higher amortisation cost in the next few years wouldn't matter so much if/when the revenues from matchday income etc. return to normal.

But either way Dunk is not a good enough improvement on current defenders so it would be stupid to spend big money on him. He's more or less the same level as all current CBs at the club.