Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

Everyone's worried about pace but our bigger issue is getting ripped apart from corners and set pieces. Central defenders being slow isn't a massive issue. Some of the best there have ever been weren't known for their pace. Hopefully we'll have a fit kante all season and fast fullbacks so it shouldn't be a problem

2 minutes ago, Hutcho said:

Everyone's worried about pace but our bigger issue is getting ripped apart from corners and set pieces. Central defenders being slow isn't a massive issue. Some of the best there have ever been weren't known for their pace. Hopefully we'll have a fit kante all season and fast fullbacks so it shouldn't be a problem

Oh, the lack of pace will be an issue if we aren't careful with the pressing and defensive line. If we get it right, then good. If not, we risk another AVB situation. 

Oh, the lack of pace will be an issue if we aren't careful with the pressing and defensive line. If we get it right, then good. If not, we risk another AVB situation. 
Of course as with most things. But our current defence and keeper situation is shocking. So taking a punt on an experienced veteran for relatively cheap doesn't seem too risky and is a positive that we are starting to address our problems.

1 minute ago, Hutcho said:
4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Of course as with most things. But our current defence and keeper situation is shocking. So taking a punt on an experienced veteran for relatively cheap doesn't seem too risky and is a positive that we are starting to address our problems.

On paper, Thiago Silva seems like a decent signing and we won't lose much either if it doesn't work. But I'll reserve my judgment till I see him play for us, if he joins us. 

On paper, Thiago Silva seems like a decent signing and we won't lose much either if it doesn't work. But I'll reserve my judgment till I see him play for us, if he joins us. 
If he's shit then we're stuck the wage bill but at least we have an experienced head in the dressing room and someone who is a true captain (which I think is something we have missed since JT has gone not that anyone will ever replace him)
And if he's good then great. My point being there's minimal risk to the reward and given how we are working on spending a lot of money this window getting some players for cheap to bolster the squad sounds good.

Time will tell. Could all be bullshit by the agent to get bigger offers. Who knows

1 minute ago, Hutcho said:

Could all be bullshit by the agent to get bigger offers. Who knows

Seems like it could come down to the contract length. Fiorentina are apparently offering him a 2-year deal. Will we offer 2 years to a 36-year-old...?