Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

7 minutes ago, El P. said:

I don't understand how could Aouar be option for us? Isn't he player in Modrić's mold (just not that good ofc), that kind of type? Why would we need that kind of player and not some highly productive number 10, like Havertz?

Assuming that Kovačić and Kante are worthy starters.

I do not understand why people compare Aouar and Havertz as like for like

the main player (s) Aouar would put at risk for time are Kovacic, Barkley, Gilmour, Kante, and Shitwater (who is not in the mix anyway), and I guess, on a stretch, RLC 

4 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I do not understand why people compare Aouar and Havertz as like for like

the main player (s) Aouar would put at risk for time are Kovacic, Barkley, Gilmour, Kante, and Shitwater (who is not in the mix anyway), and I guess, on a stretch, RLC 

First, I mentioned that because someone else said that if we don't get Havertz, Aouar could be an option. Secondly, we are in a need of more productive midfielders (along with defenders and keeper) so I don't understand why would we spend money on Aouar. We are already filled with midfielders with lousy production rate, why get another one?

49 minutes ago, Ryan Fong said:

Whats the reason behind him being released by Barca. I hear from lots of people on here and other sources that hes a great prospect which makes me wonder how he's slipped from barca's clutches?

If we think theres a load of bullshit rumours now  -it was the same 50 years ago, and every year since .

We were linked with Steve Earle of Fulham nearly every month for 3 years. The only difference is it was newspapers then, the internet now.

We were supposedly 'on the brink' of signing Johann Cruyff -if we 'could reduce his tax bill''

We were watching Dennis Rofe more than nine years before we bought him. Perhaps the scouting report got misfiled...

13 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Whats the reason behind him being released by Barca. I hear from lots of people on here and other sources that hes a great prospect which makes me wonder how he's slipped from barca's clutches?

He was here on a trial and wanted to stay, but we could not sign him because of the transfer ban. I would imagine the top young players see Lampard as giving them a chance to make it to the first team if they have the talent to get there.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Declan Rice noise sort of died down. Wonder if all our other business is being held up while we sort out Havertz? Similar to United and Sancho where all of our other targets depend on how much cash is left over.

Would be pretty ridiculous if we start the new season with no defensive reinforcements and Willy as our #1. And we only have 3 short weeks to sort it all out.

I think kai is our only real move. 

Rest of the deals are goibg to depend on sales. I think once inter get their Europa sorted, emerson will move, and we will get our LB, be it reguilon (who is also tied up) or chilwell. 

Rice I think will be depended on if we can offload jorginho and a CB. 

GK woyld be if we can find a loan for kepa.

14 minutes ago, ZAPHOD2319 said:

He was here on a trial and wanted to stay, but we could not sign him because of the transfer ban. I would imagine the top young players see Lampard as giving them a chance to make it to the first team if they have the talent to get there.

Yeah I'm aware he was on trial here before our ban but I don't understand how Barca have released him on a free after just one year if he was so highly rated. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

2 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Yeah I'm aware he was on trial here before our ban but I don't understand how Barca have released him on a free after just one year if he was so highly rated. Just doesn't make any sense to me.

On 26 August 2019, Mbuyamba signed a deal with Barcelona.[3] The club announced on Twitter that he would join the under-19 team for the 19/20-season.[4] On 25 January 2020, he was an unused substitute for Barcelona B in a 2–0 win against Ejea.[5] 

It sounds like it was just a one year deal?

2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

Thiago Silva blow for Chelsea as veteran PSG centre-back 'agrees £70,000-a-week Fiorentina deal and begins house hunting in Florence'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8648099/Thiago-Silva-blow-Chelsea-veteran-PSG-centre-agrees-70-000-week-Fiorentina-deal.html

Fuck I just hope it is not our decision not to go for him.

Does Daily Mail have a network of realtors in big European cities to alert them whenever a footballer is house hunting?

1 hour ago, Fulham Broadway said:

If we think theres a load of bullshit rumours now  -it was the same 50 years ago, and every year since .

We were linked with Steve Earle of Fulham nearly every month for 3 years. The only difference is it was newspapers then, the internet now.

We were supposedly 'on the brink' of signing Johann Cruyff -if we 'could reduce his tax bill''

We were watching Dennis Rofe more than nine years before we bought him. Perhaps the scouting report got misfiled...

Dennis Rofe ironically being another Leicester fullback, lololol

wayyyy before my time (he signed 12 plus years before I was even born), but he apparently was shit here when he finally came, and was let go on a free in 1982

REPORT: CLUB WANT TO SELL £27M ARSENAL TARGET TO FUND DEAL FOR CHELSEA’S JORGINHO

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/08/20/report-club-want-to-sell-27m-arsenal-target-to-fund-deal-for-chelseas-jorginho/

Roma are planning to sell Arsenal target Amadou Diawara in order to fund a deal for Chelsea’s Jorginho, according to Tuttomercatoweb.

Frank Lampard’s loss could be Mikel Arteta’s gain this summer.

While Jorginho has slipped down the pecking order at Stamford Bridge thanks to the sudden emergence of teen sensation Billy Gilmour, an experienced Italian international remains a key part of the Chelsea plans going forward.

Seems like contract expired and he chose the switch instead of being released by Barce. A bit like Lamptey’s case if it helps to understand the situation.

Old is Gold? Chelsea offered veteran South American defensive stalwart

https://astamfordbridgetoofar.com/2020/08/21/old-is-gold-chelsea-offered-veteran-south-american-defensive-stalwart/

hi-res-165370894_crop_north.jpg

Chelsea consider signing Brazilian defender Thiago Silva

According to The Telegraph, Chelsea have been offered PSG defender Thiago Silva ahead of their Champions League final against Bayern Munich.

The 35-year-old is set to leave Paris Saint-Germain after the showpiece event against the German powerhouses. This will bring an end to his eight years of distinguished service to the French champions.

The Brazilian has attracted attention from the Serie A with AC Milan and Fiorentina both interested. However, he is keen to fulfill his dream of playing in the Premier League. So much so that he is willing to take a pay cut to make it happen. (h/t The Telegraph)