Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

For me this show's how fucking ridiculous Twitter can be. What's his Chelsea related news his wife is due and they're going to call the kid Chelsea ?.or he has an announcement about next year's Chelsea Flower Show ? I bet this sad act will tweet if we buy Rice or Havertz see I told you so absolute thundercunt.

4 minutes ago, Jype said:

Upamecano is not moving this year, isn't that obvious after he just signed a new contract? Will be available next year due to release clause activating in 2021 but if he has another good season there will be plenty of competition for his signature and I think Bayern will be all over him to replace Boateng. 

The only way I'd get Dunk if he was available for around the same price Zouma would sell for (assuming someone wants him). Not much between them in ability but I think Dunk would be better on the ball than Zouma so he could fit the playing style better. And for club finances it would allow a little bit more wiggle room for this financial year, because Zouma sale would be pure profit (his fee from 2014 has already been fully amortised) and Dunk's fee would be divided for the contract length so for the 20/21 books it would show up as a significant income boost, which could be good because of covid-circumstances. Higher amortisation cost in the next few years wouldn't matter so much if/when the revenues from matchday income etc. return to normal.

But either way Dunk is not a good enough improvement on current defenders so it would be stupid to spend big money on him. He's more or less the same level as all current CBs at the club.

I was not aware he just signed a new one, but still as you said Dunk is not a valid option. Those 40 could be spent wiser.

1 hour ago, Jype said:

Upamecano is not moving this year, isn't that obvious after he just signed a new contract? Will be available next year due to release clause activating in 2021 but if he has another good season there will be plenty of competition for his signature and I think Bayern will be all over him to replace Boateng. 

The only way I'd get Dunk if he was available for around the same price Zouma would sell for (assuming someone wants him). Not much between them in ability but I think Dunk would be better on the ball than Zouma so he could fit the playing style better. And for club finances it would allow a little bit more wiggle room for this financial year, because Zouma sale would be pure profit (his fee from 2014 has already been fully amortised) and Dunk's fee would be divided for the contract length so for the 20/21 books it would show up as a significant income boost, which could be good because of covid-circumstances. Higher amortisation cost in the next few years wouldn't matter so much if/when the revenues from matchday income etc. return to normal.

But either way Dunk is not a good enough improvement on current defenders so it would be stupid to spend big money on him. He's more or less the same level as all current CBs at the club.

Upamecano could still leave in this window though, he stay because no one want to pay €60m to Leipzig with one year left in his contract.

Just now, Blues Forever said:

Upamecano could still leave in this window though, he stay because no one want to pay €60m to Leipzig with one year left in his contract.

So no one was willing to pay €60M with a year left on his deal but now that he has signed till 2023 everyone will jump a the chance to spend exactly the same amount?

Seems far fetched. It's clear that with this new deal he's committed himself to Leipzig for another season and for next year he has a reasonably valued release clause. Kind of like Werner who's contract was initially up in 2020 but signed an extension with a release clause last year. 

Just now, Jype said:

So no one was willing to pay €60M with a year left on his deal but now that he has signed till 2023 everyone will jump a the chance to spend exactly the same amount?

Seems far fetched. It's clear that with this new deal he's committed himself to Leipzig for another season and for next year he has a reasonably valued release clause. Kind of like Werner who's contract was initially up in 2020 but signed an extension with a release clause last year. 

Maybe after his recent CL performances, i imagine a few clubs are willing to pay €60m for him now.

2 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Maybe after his recent CL performances, i imagine a few clubs are willing to pay €60m for him now.

I refuse to believe that any club would suddenly change their minds based on one great game against Atletico and a 0-3 loss against PSG. Scouting a €60M transfer should involve a bigger amount of games than two.

He literally signed that new deal three weeks ago. 

Just now, Jype said:

I refuse to believe that any club would suddenly change their minds based on one great game against Atletico and a 0-3 loss against PSG.

He literally signed that new deal three weeks ago. 

Means nothing really, if someone offer €60m to Leipzig they would definitely willing to sell him now.

4 minutes ago, Blues Forever said:

Means nothing really, if someone offer €60m to Leipzig they would definitely willing to sell him now.

So €60M now or €45M next year. I'm really not as convinced as you that they would jump at the chance to sell so close to the new season for €15M more.

He was available for €60M all summer but no takers, so he committed till at least next year. Surely the player himself has also made up his mind about staying, otherwise why would he have signed that deal in the first place?

Just now, Jype said:

So €60M now or €45M next year. I'm really not as convinced as you that they would jump at the chance to sell so close to the new season.

He was available for €60M all summer but no takers, so he committed till at least next year. Surely the player himself has also made up his mind about staying, otherwise why would he have signed that deal in the first place?

I'm convinced they would sell since that was their original intention. The reason they gave him a new contract with a lower release clause was to get some money rather than let him walk for free next season.

1 hour ago, Iggy Doonican said:

For me this show's how fucking ridiculous Twitter can be. What's his Chelsea related news his wife his due and their going to call the kid Chelsea ?.or he has an announcement about next year's Chelsea Flower Show ? I bet this sad act will tweet if we buy Rice or Havertz see I told you so absolute thundercunt.

His Chelsea stuff on Twitter is sad and close to stalker behaviour. All the photos he puts on of him with various players is very weird.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

His Chelsea stuff on Twitter is sad and close to stalker behaviour. All the photos he puts on of him with various players is very weird.

I finally blocked him a couple of days ago. I didn't even follow him but constantly would see his pointless tweets basically just repeating Chelsea related headlines that he read.

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I finally blocked him a couple of days ago. I didn't even follow him but constantly would see his pointless tweets basically just repeating Chelsea related headlines that he read.

3 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

He comes across as a manchild as you say very weird.

Now he is claiming he has been approached by Chelsea to do some media stuff or something shite.....he is weird.