Chelsea Transfers

Tomo

what the hell??? even in his prime he didn't deserve more than £150k/week base on goal/asisst that he made in PL. really bad deals for arsenil...
I wouldn't be surprised if he has a great first season with them. He does the dirty side of the game as well and tracking back a lot. Whether arsenal is foolish or not to pay that much is to be seen. Can they keep a good public face after laying off that many staff members?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Styl1994 said:

Upamecano Should be our number one target next summer.

I'd heard a lot about him, but never really seen him play.

I watched him last night gainst Atheltico he was brilliant and still only 21yo.

I agree pull all the stops out to get him, he's just what we need, mind you i'm sure Liepzig wont want to sell him after Timo, but fuck it give them whatever they want.

1 hour ago, bigbluewillie said:

I'd heard a lot about him, but never really seen him play.

I watched him last night gainst Atheltico he was brilliant and still only 21yo.

I agree pull all the stops out to get him, he's just what we need, mind you i'm sure Liepzig wont want to sell him after Timo, but fuck it give them whatever they want.

He agreed a new contact recentely just like Werner the season before. It includes a release clause which will be active next summer for about 42m euros. Totally expecting Bayern to snap him up. Clubs could have signed him this summer for 60m(old release clause) but I guess everyone passed up on him or they thought it was too expensive.

6 minutes ago, Rapkun said:

He agreed a new contact recentely just like Werner the season before. It includes a release clause which will be active next summer for about 42m euros. Totally expecting Bayern to snap him up. Clubs could have signed him this summer for 60m(old release clause) but I guess everyone passed up on him or they thought it was too expensive.

Agent Timo can get to work lol.

This could sound somewhat innapropriate, but IMO upamecano and Koulibaly are best examples that racism is still very much alive in football. 

Yes both are expensive, but if they were white someone would pay their clauses. It just goes to show clubs dont want to realy break the bank on black cb as they may unjustfuly deem them "unreliable". Yet the likes of Otamendi got the moves. Could be that after Mangala clubs are more content spending big money on africanamerican CB.

Im 100% sure Koulibaly would be in a top club if he was white. 

12 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

This could sound somewhat innapropriate, but IMO upamecano and Koulibaly are best examples that racism is still very much alive in football. 

Yes both are expensive, but if they were white someone would pay their clauses. It just goes to show clubs dont want to realy break the bank on black cb as they may unjustfuly deem them "unreliable". Yet the likes of Otamendi got the moves. Could be that after Mangala clubs are more content spending big money on africanamerican CB.

?

Virgil van Dijk? 

Is that guy not black? 

If you are good a team will pay. At this moment no one is close to Virgil van Dijk money. 

11 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Koulibaly is a millionaire. He's the highest earning player in Napoli EVER. I'm not too sure that's how racism works.

15 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

I think it comes down more to age on both accounts.

When I've watched Upamecano a few times he's gone from sublime to ridiculous because he's still young and rash. I think he's at the best club for him currently and I believe will make that big move when the time is right for him and he's more experienced (the very same could be said about Werner who is a much better player now than 12 months ago and benefited from staying at Leipzig another season).

Koulibaly is at a difficult age where he's probably in and around his prime for a centre back but it's a big risk to spend so much money on a player that age moving to a new league. He must hit the ground running with not much adaptation time because otherwise he'll be not far off 30 before he's acclimatised to the league. 

23 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Yes both are expensive, but if they were white someone would pay their clauses.

You realise there isn't a queue of clubs who are financially strong enough to risk investing 80 million for a 29 year old, right? Especially in these conditions? Koulibaly was very much a later bloomer. 

And there have been strong reports in Germany that Upamecano is saving himself for Bayern next summer. Rejecting both Arsenal and Barcelona in the process.

No offence, but playing the false racism card is not only lazy, but dangerous. 

5 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

You realise there isn't a queue of clubs who are financially strong enough to risk investing 80 million for a 29 year old, right? 

And there have been strong reports in Germany that Upamecano is saving himself for Bayern next summer. Rejecting both Arsenal and Barcelona in the process.

No offence, but playing the false racism card is not only lazy, but dangerous. 

Similar to Sterling comment, blaming racism for not having black coaches like Sol Campbell and all that......

Shenanigans. 

if you are good, we will pay, no matter where your from. Iran, Israel, Ecuador, Poland, Costa Rica, Panama, USA, Russia, etc etc 

If you are good teams will pay for player and coaches. 

31 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

If koulibaly was white he’d be a completely different person. Otamendi was like a 3rd of the price and went for less than we paid for rudiger , dosent make sense

10 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Similar to Sterling comment, blaming racism for not having black coaches like Sol Campbell and all that......

Shenanigans. 

if you are good, we will pay, no matter where your from. Iran, Israel, Ecuador, Poland, Costa Rica, Panama, USA, Russia, etc etc 

If you are good teams will pay for player and coaches. 

Nah, I'll agree with you on players 100% but there is absolutely racism when it comes to black managers. If there were 10-15 of them sprinkled around here and there I wouldn't say anything. But there are basically ZERO. For me that's not a coincidence.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

Nah, I'll agree with you on players 100% but there is absolutely racism when it comes to black managers. If there were 10-15 of them sprinkled around here and there I wouldn't say anything. But there are basically ZERO. For me that's not a coincidence.

Because maybe they don't want to?

Example, how many of the players we had that are black have mentioned that they wanted to be coaches? 

Anelka? Drogba? Kalou? Essien? and much more? 

You think Drogba could not coach if he wanted to? 

43 minutes ago, Pizy said:

About 7.5% of the coaches I'm the football league are black , a higher % than black people in the UK and when you consider the age of the average manager and the black population here , they aren't underrepresented